McFadden vs. past RB prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McFadden vs. past RB prospects

It's obviously still a bit early and the season is still ahead of us, but what is everyone's opinion of McFadden as a prospect vs. some of the better RB prospects of the past decade? Comparing Peterson and him is basically a was I'd say, but if I had to give an edge to someone it would be DMac because he's faster and has a better burst with the same kind of strength in his running. I'd say he's easily better than Ronnie, Cadillac, and C-Bens, and almost on Reggie Bush's level, though he projects as a far superior full time runner to Bush in the NFL. Going all the way back to the 1999 draft, I'd say he's superior to Ricky and Edge, if only by a little. Those are the best RB prospects of recent memory I can think of...
    Check out my blog and website:
    www.4thand99.com

I like McFadden more than Peterson, if only because I think he does an infinitely better job at protecting himself from big impact hits. Obviously, so much is to be decided based on what kind of legacy McFadden leaves college with (assuming he even leaves after this year), but I'd say that he falls below Ricky Williams and Reggie Bush and above anyone else I can think of right now.

Comment

I think he's bit too tall, but that doesnt seem to matter with how well he plays.
      Plus he does well against top competition in the SEC

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

He won't be on an elite level like Reggie Bush, but he'll provide a team with a very versatile tough back.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think he runs too high, kind of like AP. But no one in this class compares as far as versatility goes. It's pretty well known that he is the best RB.

1. Reggie Bush
          2. Adrian Peterson
          3. DMC/Marshawn Lynch

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            I think he runs too high, kind of like AP. But no one in this class compares as far as versatility goes. It's pretty well known that he is the best RB.

1. Reggie Bush
            2. Adrian Peterson
            3. DMC/Marshawn Lynch
            My list goes:

1. Reggie Bush (believe me, all homerism aside)
            2. Darren McFadden
            3a. Marshawn Lynch
            3b. Adrian Peterson
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              My list goes:

1. Reggie Bush (believe me, all homerism aside)
              2. Darren McFadden
              3a. Marshawn Lynch
              3b. Adrian Peterson
              Wow! Lynch tied with Peterson...maybe even a little ahead since he's a compared to b

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Yeah... I know I'm in the small, small, SMALL minority that likes Lynch just a tad bit over Peterson (at the pro level). Which is saying quite a bit since I think Peterson is just a beast.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I view McFadden as a combo of AD and Reggie Bush but not quite at there level as far as their best attributes. He's a very good pure runner but not quite as good as AD. He's versatile and a big play threat but not as of a home-run hitter as Reggie.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    I view McFadden as a combo of AD and Reggie Bush but not quite at there level as far as their best attributes. He's a very good pure runner but not quite as good as AD. He's versatile and a big play threat but not as of a home-run hitter as Reggie.
                    Pretty much sums it up.. DMC is basically good at everything but master at none.

Comment

I think a pretty good comparison is a faster Deuce McCallister.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        I think a pretty good comparison is a faster Deuce McCallister.
                        ... Damn, that's a great comparison that I haven't really thought of CC. Good one.

Comment

Is this as a prospect or player.

Prospect - Reggie > DMac

Player - DMac > Reggie

I personally don't like Reggie Bush. He is not an "elite" runningback...yet if ever. He had 3.6ypc and 0 runs over 20 yards. That to me is not elite. Yes he caught the ball 88 times.... maybe he should be labeled as a WR?

Comment

I think in recent years McFadden would figure in after Reggie Bush but before the likes of Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
                              Is this as a prospect or player.

Prospect - Reggie > DMac

Player - DMac > Reggie

I personally don't like Reggie Bush. He is not an "elite" runningback...yet if ever. He had 3.6ypc and 0 runs over 20 yards. That to me is not elite. Yes he caught the ball 88 times.... maybe he should be labeled as a WR?
                              It clearly says prospects in the thread title.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information