Ray Rice= 1st Rounder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Rice= 1st Rounder?

I was surprised not to see Ray Rice on Scott's Mock Draft. Not only is he an excellent RB, he's also a Dark Horse candidate for the Heisman. Yes I know that he is undersized, but not Garret Wolfe Undersized. What do you guys think? 1st Rounder?

i think if he has a season like he did last year definite first rounder... although he is losing his lead blocker so that might hurt
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Well he's probably about 5'9.5/195 or so. Will probably run at 200-205 at his combine. Not very big for a feature back, and he's not of the Warrick Dunn/Reggie Bush mold to be considered an exception. I think he'll be a 2nd rounder or so, depending on how he performs of course.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Well he's probably about 5'9.5/195 or so. Will probably run at 200-205 at his combine. Not very big for a feature back, and he's not of the Warrick Dunn/Reggie Bush mold to be considered an exception. I think he'll be a 2nd rounder or so, depending on how he performs of course.
        Not to mention that Rice doesn't have great speed. I like Rice, but I don't think he is a first round pick.

Comment

late second\early third would be my prediction
          Check out my blog and website:
          www.4thand99.com

Comment

Rice is only 5'7, I've seen him in person. He runs a 4.6 (very good acceleration though). Look at this video at 10 min and you'll see what I mean. Revis chases him down on what should be an easy TD.

Third round pick, but I do think he'll make a good pro. Great vision, and he's as strong as an ox. Wears down defenses for being such a little guy, and he gets stronger with more carries. Think Emmitt Smith or Joe Morris.

Comment

HE WONT ENTER. i have a feeling I'll be saying this alot until the deadline...
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I think hes a late first rounder. I dont think come the end of round 1 that many teams will look at him and pass because of measurables after seeing players like Jones Drew and Norwood excel despite less than ideal size.

Comment

I don't think he will go as a first rounder. There are better prospects and he is clearly undersized without great speed.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I think in terms of size and speed, he and Mike Hart are probably quite similiar, meaning both are undersized(listed as 5'9", 205 for Rice and 5'9" 196 for Hart), without great speed. Really, Mike Hart is one of my favorite Wolverines ever, but I really see him and Rice as 3rd rounders at best. Obviously not because of production though, as both are very productive players. Simply because their measurables are going to push them down boards. Both seems like guys with tremendous vision, and good burst through the hole. Good intangibles, unfortunately things that you can't measure, and nowadays, teams seem to like to see those measurables, at least a bit. You can use the Maurice Drew argument, but Drew also ran a very fast 40 if I remember correctly, which obviously helped him out a bit.

Originally posted by Jakey
                    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                      i think if he has a season like he did last year definite first rounder... although he is losing his lead blocker so that might hurt
                      umm losing brian leonard as a lead blocker wont hurt as much as you think... as someone taking pressure of him running the ball.. sure... but its not like he was a smash mouth lead blocker by any means

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I'm not sure what to say on Rice. As a RU fan, I love watching him play but I am unsure of his pro potential. Look:

He hits the hole hard and runs hard. But look at the measureables.

He's short, not particularly fast and while he runs like one, he's not a bruiser. He looks for contact, which all fans love, but it could be taxing on a guy of his frame later on in his career. I doubt he declares, but when he's draft eligible, he'll have quite a bit of tread on his body. He's got the intangibles, but not the measureables.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by naruto613 View Post
                          I was surprised not to see Ray Rice on Scott's Mock Draft. Not only is he an excellent RB, he's also a Dark Horse candidate for the Heisman. Yes I know that he is undersized, but not Garret Wolfe Undersized. What do you guys think? 1st Rounder?
                          Not sure what being a heisman candidate has to do with anything, but the thing is that there are just too many guys ahead of him as far as NFL potential goes. There would need to be an unprecedented push for RB's this year for him to be considered a 1st round talent, and I just don't see that happening, at all. Also, isn't he a junior? I expect to see him in a Rutgers uni next year.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            teams will be thinking about MJD before they pass on him. It depends, he might goto the Pats to bring back the 2 back system.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              teams will be thinking about MJD before they pass on him. It depends, he might goto the Pats to bring back the 2 back system.
                              But he isn't much like MJD. MJD is built more like a bruising back and is about 15+ pounds heavier, has return man potential, is a better receiver and is faster.
                              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information