What qualities?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What qualities?

What qualities do you look for in a 3-4 defensive end?

Originally posted by Fitzgerald11 View Post
    Wow, I think you have started as many threads as you have replied in them... Anyway, I believe it is speed, speed, speed. You need speed to rush off the end or quickly drop back in coverage. I love the 3-4 DE because not only do they rush the QB by being able to have more speed and agility to get around a TE or OT (compared to a 4-3 DE), but they also are able to man up against a TE much more than a 4-3 OLB if needed.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      Wow, I think you have started as many threads as you have replied in them... Anyway, I believe it is speed, speed, speed. You need speed to rush off the end or quickly drop back in coverage. I love the 3-4 DE because not only do they rush the QB by being able to have more speed and agility to get around a TE or OT (compared to a 4-3 DE), but they also are able to man up against a TE much more than a 4-3 OLB if needed.
      I think you're thinking 3-4 OLB.

Comment

ya, you were thinking 3-4 OLB.

a 3-4 DE is basically a NT in the 4-3 defense. you need someone who can hold up at the line and can occupy blockers so that the LBs can make plays. richard seymour, who plays DT when the pats play the 4-3, is the ideal 3-4 end

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post

a 3-4 DE is basically a NT in the 4-3 defense. you need someone who can hold up at the line and can occupy blockers so that the LBs can make plays. richard seymour, who plays DT when the pats play the 4-3, is the ideal 3-4 end
          Yeah I was, my bad. But rainbeau hit the nail on the head. They are more for clogging up the line rather than stopping runners, such is the job of a 3-4 DT.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post

What about speed? Are they normally slower than 4-3 defensive tackles?

Comment

Depends... Some 3-4 DE's run sub 5 second 40's.

It's more about power/explosion. You want a guy 2 do 2 things from this position..

1) Hold the point: Keep the OL off the playmaking LB's
              2) Collapse the pocket: not only keeping the OL off the LB's, but also collapsing the pocket will let the LB's get in there more for sacks, giving the QB less of a comfort zone.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

it depends, UTs are faster DTs in the 4-3 because they penetrate. NTs in the 4-3 don't need to be fast cuz they take up space therefore 3-4 DEs don't need to be fast, they just need to be pretty strong

Comment

Dude you really need to stop making so many threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                    How does my making threads concern you?

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome GiantRutgersFan v2.0!

Comment

How does my making threads concern you?
                        You making threads concerns everyone. We all have to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                          You making threads concerns everyone. We all have to see them.
                          Not if you block me.

Comment

tall (between 6-3 and 6-7), with really long arms, good enough strength to bull rush guards and tackles, usually between 280 and 320 lbs. They have to be quick and agile for big guys. Most of them play DT in a 4-3. Basically a long, tall, DT who is good in the 2 gap at taking up blockers to stop the run, and if he can collapse the pocket from the outside in that is a bonus. Just watch Richard Seymour, Luis Castillo, or Aaron Smith really...that's what you want. Trevor Pryce has the skills too, but he didn't/doesn't really play in a 3-4 in Denver and now Baltimore

Comment

Do you think Frank Okam would be a good 3-4 defensive end?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information