Legit 3-4 NT Prospects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legit 3-4 NT Prospects?

Is there any coming out this year? I don't know much about the prospects yet, I usually wait for Scotts lists to come out, then I track players who catch my eye during the season.

From a purely physical standpoint, Im guessing Okam, Bryant, and Raji, but is there anyone else, or are any of these not capable of playing the position?

Can any of them be dominant at the position?

If Sedrick Ellis adds on 15 more pounds then he could be the best. IMO I still think he the better NT but if he does add on the 15 pounds then there nothing stopping him.

Comment

BJ Raji-NT/Boston College. 6-1/340. Could go anywhere from rounds 2 to 5. Frank Okam from Texas can be a NT, but he has underachieved.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        If Sedrick Ellis adds on 15 more pounds then he could be the best. IMO I still think he the better NT but if he does add on the 15 pounds then there nothing stopping him.
        Ellis is being pegged as a Tampa 2 UT. Usually guys with that penetrating mentality don't hack it as NTs.

Comment

B.J. Raji, Boston College, 6'1 340
          Red Bryant, Texas Tech, 6'5 325
          Antonio Dixon, Miami, 6'3 331
          Frank Okam, Texas, 6'4 315
          Fili Moala, USC, 6'4 310

Comment

well he's not a NT, but Eric Foster of Rutgers would make a great 3-4 DE. he's fast and undersized at RU for a DT, but his high motor and speed makes him an all american there
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Ellis is being pegged as a Tampa 2 UT. Usually guys with that penetrating mentality don't hack it as NTs.
              Ellis played nose last year at USC in their 3-4, but he is definitely more of a penetrator type.

Raji is definitely a legit NT, Red Bryant might be able to, not really buying Okam.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Is there any coming out this year? I don't know much about the prospects yet, I usually wait for Scotts lists to come out, then I track players who catch my eye during the season.

From a purely physical standpoint, Im guessing Okam, Bryant, and Raji, but is there anyone else, or are any of these not capable of playing the position?

Can any of them be dominant at the position?
                Hey BBD.

My Favorite is Jason Shirley of Fresno State.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Fili Moala is my sleeper pick at this point. He really could shine if he puts together a good year on a talented DL. He has experience at the nose after replacing ellis last year when he was injured. He has the frame to get bigger...and great power off the line. If he does decide to come out early..and puts together the workouts he is capable of he has an outside shot at this point of the first round. But he is the only one who has the slightest ability to be a top 20 pick come draft day at this point in the season.

Comment

Terrance Taylor is pretty much perfect. Low center of gravity and strong as an ox.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

im sorry but barely any 1 knows about this guy he is antonio dixon from Miami he will make every ones heads spin clean off if u have evr seen him play u know what i mean. he will be the big surprise in this years draft if he does declare. 6'3 331 pounds and he dropped 4 pounds from a season ago.

Graig Cooper makes opposing defenses look silly.

Comment

And he's also not starting right now.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Geomar View Post
                          im sorry but barely any 1 knows about this guy he is antonio dixon from Miami he will make every ones heads spin clean off if u have evr seen him play u know what i mean. he will be the big surprise in this years draft if he does declare. 6'3 331 pounds and he dropped 4 pounds from a season ago.
                          4 whole pounds? Went hard on the sprints this off-season huh?

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            4 whole pounds? Went hard on the sprints this off-season huh?
                            I was thinking the same damn thing :D

Comment

Last edited by Vikes99ej; 08-13-2007, 12:41 AM.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information