jake long's stock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jake long's stock

does his stock go down with michigan's struggles?

Originally posted by foozball View Post
    does his stock go down with michigan's struggles?

I dont think so, hes still doing a great job road grading for Mike Hart. Its not his fault at all.

Comment

Yea, Long has been absolutely dominant in the 1st 2 games. It appears that his stock has not gone down at all.

Comment

Jake Long has been our best player not named Mike Hart. He is still the first or second OT prospect and looks like a top five pick in next year's draft.

Comment

the player from Michigan u should worry anout his stock droping is Chad has-Been

Comment

Henne will still go in the 1st day I believe. Reports of his demise are greatly overstated.

On that note, general performance in college is overstated anyway. If you're a good prospect, you'll get drafted regardless. Look at Devin Hester, he did basically nothing in college and was still a 2nd round pick. Hell Chris Henry didn't even START and he went in the 2nd round.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Michigan's run game anchored by Long and Hart has been the only bright spot on the team. Record won't affect Long.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

What everyone else said

Comment

When I looked at Long, honestly, I saw some things that worried me. Now he is great in the run game, but what worried me was his pass protection.

Surprisingly, he was getting pushed back at times. He didn't hold his ground as well as I thought he would. There were even times when Ive seen him get thrown to the floor. Thats not good. Right here right now, Im dropping his stock, but I need to see more film on him. I didn't see a shutdown LT in him during the 2 games I saw quite frankly.

He shows flashes of dominance, but then he follows it up with a play when he gets destroyed. That inconsistency is something he needs to work on.
                  Last edited by bigbluedefense; 09-12-2007, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Michigans run game is the only production their getting and Long is paving the way so I doubt his draft stock will be affected at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Henne will still go in the 1st day I believe. Reports of his demise are greatly overstated.

On that note, general performance in college is overstated anyway. If you're a good prospect, you'll get drafted regardless. Look at Devin Hester, he did basically nothing in college and was still a 2nd round pick. Hell Chris Henry didn't even START and he went in the 2nd round.
                      You make some good points there, but I think performance is much more important for a QB than some other positions where athletic ability can get you by. Also, Henne doesn't really seem like someone who would blow anyone away with workouts or combine numbers.

Lastly, Hester was a hell of a returnman in college too. Remember when he singlehandedly beat Louisville?

Comment

I donít think Longís stock has dropped at all. Heís still arguably the best O-Tackle prospect in this draft. Baker may give him a run. But right now Iíd still have to put him at the top of the O-Tackle list.

Comment

I think it depends on the team that is drafting who needs an o-lineman. If it is a team that predominately favors the run than Long is an easy pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if a pass-heavy team would take Baker over Long.

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Exactly the same can be said for Willie Parker

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Long looks great out there from what I've seen. Not only is he a dominating blocker, but he is a great leader and a good sportsman. I remember seeing him grabbing Greg Matthews last weekend after Greg kicked an Oregon guy in a cheap shot....looked like he was gonna smush Matthews up like a piece of paper after that. Long looks to be a sure top 5 pick (KC, Oakland, Atlanta, etc?)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information