Shawn Crable, DE/LB Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Crable, DE/LB Michigan

Ok, I looked but didn't see a thread for Crable. I wanted to get a feel for what everyone thinks of this guy. He's been really good (save a couple plays) for Michigan this year, a bright spot on a very weak defense. He's got 23 tackles, 8 TFL for 25 yards, 5 sacks, 1 PBU and 1 FF. He's 6'5, 240 and is a 4.55-4.6 type guy. Not the brightest guy with some of his on-field antics, but where does everyone project him?

I personally don't think he will leave this year unless he fells that Michigan is doomed next year, but he will probably be a late 1st rounder and could jump up to a top 15 guy with 1 more year

has he ever played DE?

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      I personally don't think he will leave this year unless he fells that Michigan is doomed next year, but he will probably be a late 1st rounder and could jump up to a top 15 guy with 1 more year

has he ever played DE?
      He's a 5th year senior, so he has to leave this year. Also, he lines up at DE frequently on 3rd and long.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post

has he ever played DE?
        Fenikz, Crable is a senior.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I think fenikz is nuts. I think Crable lacks size and power for DE and lacks agility and speed for OLB. Obviously he projects best as a 3-4 rush backer, but I don't think he's going to grade out as a 1st rounder at that position. Compare him to Lamarr Woodley, the only thing he has on Woodley is three inches' height. In production, experience, leadership and pass-rushing ability, Woodley was far superior.

I think Crable is a second-rounder at best, probably lower.

Comment

Miami in the second round!

Comment

i didn't think he was a senior, so i guess late 1st - early 2nd

Comment

I believe Crable is special because of veratility. In a 4-3 he could play all 3 LB spots, as well as both outside spots in the 3-4. He has amazing skills and athleticism for a man of his size, but he is probably a late 1st guy at best right now.

Comment

His timed speed will determine everything.

Comment

Mid-second rounder, too many question marks to warrent a first although his production speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      His timed speed will determine everything.
                      He's in good shape then. He's the fastest guy on the field on our d, including d-backs >: (. However, he sucks in run support and is inconsistent at tackling. In my eyes he should play 3-4 olb and nothing else. He'd be pretty decent at it though. 2-3rd rounder.
                      I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        I believe Crable is special because of veratility. In a 4-3 he could play all 3 LB spots, as well as both outside spots in the 3-4. He has amazing skills and athleticism for a man of his size, but he is probably a late 1st guy at best right now.
                        Crable lacks the bulk and functional strength (leverage) to play MLB and isn't good enough in coverage to play WLB.

He is either a Sam in a 4-3 defense.....or a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Freak, will be a much better pro than woodley ever will be.

Comment

I don't understand Why Crable can't play Buck in a 3-4.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                              I don't understand Why Crable can't play Buck in a 3-4.
                              I debated this with you in the Steelers forum so hopefully others aside from me answer this. Not only would MLB be a bad fit, it would be his worst fit. He is versatile in the fact that he can play DE/OLB, but he will never play MLB in this lifetime. One of his best attributes is his pass rushing, your taking that away. He lacks the bulk and already is incosistant tackling, usually dosent take a good pad level. Also run support is one of his weaker points. So my question to you is why? Why do you think he would make a good MLB, I cant think of one reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information