ECU RB Chris Johnson thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU RB Chris Johnson thoughts?

I've watched Chris Johnson for the past four years and he has improved immensely each year. He's always been fast but now he is beginning to get those tougher yards unlike in the past.

Because Skip Holtz likes to give seniors a lot of reps he's now getting the majority of the load (and last year was playing a lot in the slot) and even though our OLine has never really been very good he's put up decent numbers for our team. He's also got good hands and can make things happen in the open field and is also experienced in kickoff returns.

So does anyone think he'll get drafted next year? I'm thinking about round 5 right now but I'm also biased since I go to ECU.

Can't say I have time like I used to to catch random games, so I haven't seen how he's done this year. That said, coming into the year, I thought he wsa a mid-late day 2 possibility, so sure, round 5 sounds possible. If he really runs a low 4.3 number, that will certainly shoot him up. That said, it'd be nice to see him handle the workload, but I don't know much about Skip's offense down there.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
      Can't say I have time like I used to to catch random games, so I haven't seen how he's done this year. That said, coming into the year, I thought he wsa a mid-late day 2 possibility, so sure, round 5 sounds possible. If he really runs a low 4.3 number, that will certainly shoot him up. That said, it'd be nice to see him handle the workload, but I don't know much about Skip's offense down there.
      I heard rumors that he ripped off a 4.27 40 this spring. And he's a great receiver.

I can see him kind of like Chris Henry Last year... Great measureables, limited production.. someone takes a gander.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

he's put a load of weight on in the last couple of years, if he can maintain some of that speed we'll probally have a very similar prospect to Clinton Portis here.

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Michael Bennett. In all honesty, i dont think he'll do too much in the NFL as far as running the ball (his value will come as a kickoff/punt returner)

Comment

Originally posted by hitstreak13 View Post
            Kind of reminds me of Michael Bennett. In all honesty, i dont think he'll do too much in the NFL as far as running the ball (his value will come as a kickoff/punt returner)
            If he has 1 ounce of vision, he's better than Bennett who has zero.

Comment

I see that Mike Mayock has him as his #1 senior RB so who knows how high he will go!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Probably a high 2nd round pick. Is a perfect compliment to a big back, so a team like New York (Giants), Cleveland, or Seattle could really use him and add another dimension to their offense. I also think he'd be perfect on a pass based team like Philly, Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, etc. He's gonna be a good player, a lot of draftniks absolutely love this guy and with good reason. Perfect slash RB who can literally be as good a slot receiver as he is a tailback. I hope the Browns get him, but not too sure we're gonna take a RB this year.

Comment

If my team ran the WCO, I would love to have Chris Johnson as a scat back. A person who would be a great check-down back who can get a few yards on just his motor.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

He's basically Reggie Bush with more speed, less moves, and way less hype. A WR/RB tweener who will be a killer matchup problem for any defense. Too bad he was at ECU instead of USC or else he would've gotten more hype and might be talked up as a top 15 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      Probably a high 2nd round pick. Is a perfect compliment to a big back, so a team like New York (Giants), Cleveland, or Seattle could really use him and add another dimension to their offense. I also think he'd be perfect on a pass based team like Philly, Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, etc. He's gonna be a good player, a lot of draftniks absolutely love this guy and with good reason. Perfect slash RB who can literally be as good a slot receiver as he is a tailback. I hope the Browns get him, but not too sure we're gonna take a RB this year.
                      I absolutely agree with him as a high 2nd round prospect......he may not start from Day One at RB but he can provide help on special teams and as a pass catching back as he gets his feet wet in the NFL.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I like this guy. He has a amazing speed. He can be a late 1st round steal, by the Seahawks.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
                        1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                        2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                        3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                        3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                        4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                        5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                        6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
                        7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                          I like this guy. He has a amazing speed. He can be a late 1st round steal, by the Seahawks.
                          Wow, first round? I wouldnt go that far. The guy is good, but there is no way he'll ever carry the ball between 15-20 times per game, although more and more teams are using a 2 back system. i just cant see him completely dominating a game to warrant a first or second rounder. I love his speed, dont get me wrong about that, but im just alittle iffy about taking him in round 1 or 2. He's had only 1 good year. On top of that, i believe he's career rushing average was barely about 4. That was a dissapointing statistic considering he plays for C-USA which is primarily a passing conference. He should have ripped defenses apart with his speed. Im going with 3rd/4th only because you cant teach that kind of speed. Its a safe bet.
                          Last edited by hitstreak13; 01-10-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I like him alot. He could be a good RB on the next level, but I think he will be a good KR for sure.

Comment

Is he better than Jerious Norwood?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information