Sleeper DE prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper DE prospects

Who are some of the big sleeper DE prospects. Personally I am a huge fan of Gardner Webb DE Brian Johnston(I know him personally). he's 6'5" 276(listed but I hear he's up to 285) and has run a reported 4.72 in practice. He's got 3 sacks and 9.5 TFL through 5 games. He reminds me a lot of Aaron Kampman and Aaron Smith.

San Diego DE Eric Bakhtiari is another FCS DE I like. He's 6'4" 260 and has run in the 4.8 range. He's leading Division 1-AA in sacks at 7.5 and TFL at 10.

For a big school guy keep an eye on Cincinnati's Angelo Craig. 6-5, 245 and reportedly runs a 4.55 - 4.60.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
      For a big school guy keep an eye on Cincinnati's Angelo Craig. 6-5, 245 and reportedly runs a 4.55 - 4.60.
      Yeah when I went to the Cincy/SDSU game he didn't make a ton of plays but was very disruptive in the backfield

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        Yeah when I went to the Cincy/SDSU game he didn't make a ton of plays but was very disruptive in the backfield
        Yea, the Bearcats have actually produced a handful of guys in recent years who have found success in the NFL as mid or late round picks. They always have some good athletes.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Yea, the Bearcats have actually produced a handful of guys in recent years who have found success in the NFL as mid or late round picks. They always have some good athletes.
          If their football program is anything like its basketball program its because of poor academic standards.

Comment

Michigan's Tim Jamison is a pretty good 3rd down pass rusher type. 5.5 sacks so far this year, playe dbehind LaMarr Woodley so not many know about him. 6'3, 270.

Comment

Trent Cole comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                Trent Cole comes to mind.
                So does Antwan Peek

Comment

For the Bearcats: Cole, Peak, Daven Holley, John Bowie, Tyjuan Hagler, etc.
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Jonal Saint-Dic has that Elvis Dumervil quality, where he very undersized, not very athletic, but just knows how to get at the QB. Might also make for a good 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Trevor Scott, Buffalo
                      ~ 6'5 255lbs 4.62 40'~
                      Played 2 seasons at TE before moving to DE last season (Posted 9 Sacks), this season he already has 7 sacks 3FF and 3 QBH.

Bryan Robinson, Wesley
                      ~6'3 287 5.12 40'~
                      A DT/DE switch hitter at Wesley. When you look at small schools you look for Domination. Well the last 2 years as a DT/DE he's thrown up:
                      204 Tackles, 55.5 TFL's, 31.5 sacks, 18 PBU's, 10 QBH, 10 FF, 5 Blocked Kicks.
                      Thats just his past 2 seasons (Not including this one).
                      He looks like a late round developmental, but amazingly raw 3-4 DE.

Curtis Johnson, Clark Atlanta
                      ~ 6'3 252lbs 4.64 40' ~

Quick and powerful. He put up 70 Tackles, 18 sacks, 23 TFL's, 1 INT, 9 FF and 1 block all just this past season.
                      Could be a Late day 2 - UDFA type 3-4 OLB.

Rudolph Hardie, Howard
                      ~ 6'2 260lbs 4.69 40'~
                      Led the MEAC last year with 51 Tackles, 24 TFL, 9.5 Sacks, 3 FF and 7 QBH.
                      Another possible 3-4 OLB late day 2 type candidate.

I forgot:

Johnny Dingle, WVU
                      ~ 6'3 273lbs, 4.74'~
                      Former Florida transfer is playing great and is a solid passrusher, and hold the point type of player. He's doing well in WVU's 3-3-5. Could play 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE.

Caesar Rayford, Washington
                      ~6'6 245lbs, 4.82 ~

With some good strength/conditioning at the pro level, he could be solid. Has a great explosion off the snap but lacks the needed bulk for the pro game. One of those kids with tons of potential, but needs some time to get there. He has the frame to hold another 30lbs without really holding him back.
                      Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

and if former Oregon player Dexter Manley II decides to play to his potential (He's at West Texas A&M), he'd be a beast. 6'3 280lbs 4.67.

He just doesn't play up to his potential a lot.

I think Manley is definitely worth a shot.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

For the Bearcats: Cole, Peak, Daven Holley, John Bowie, Tyjuan Hagler, etc.
                          andre fraizer

Comment

Angelo Craig
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Virginia Tech DE, Chris Ellis who many had as a 2-3rd rounder before the season is plummeting fast due to injuries and poor play, if he is a day 2 pick he can become a great steal as a situational pass rusher.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information