Colt Brennan = Tony Romo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Brennan = Tony Romo

I know this is weird comparison coming from me (a Dallas and Hawaii fan), but the more I see Brennan this year, the more I believe it.

Today's game even further convinced me. Despite having a terrible game and throwing 4 INTs, he lead his team to an overtime win over SJST, exactly the same way Romo beat Buffalo on Monday. Kid's got ice in his veins and doesn't get rattled.

Likeness:

1) They are both gamers. They've got that gunslinger mentality and confidence in their skills that they know they can hit their targets.

2) Have unconventional release points.

3) Have excellent poise in the pocket and ability to escape would be tacklers.

4) Constantly look downfield to make a play while escaping pressure.

5) Have slight body frames. And furthermore, play tough as if it doesn't matter.

6) Have very good accuracy while throwing on the run.

7) Are/were small school prospects.

8) Have that "it" factor. It's hard to describe in words, but they have the uncanny ability to make positive things happen with the ball in their hands.

9) Don't get rattled despite having a bad game.

10) Confident, slightly brash attitude/swagger.

11) Great at beating the odds.

I can buy that comparison.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

D, why would you insult Colt like that? :D
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

ha ha

D, you just wanted a post where you can praise your two favorite players at the same time.

Maybe next you can work in a few kind words about your boy Ikaika, lol.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

does this mean colt brennan deserves to be mentioned as a 1st round prospect?

Comment

Colt Brennan = Tony Romo = Brett Favre
            I honestly want GB to trade Rodgers and get Brennan
            He throws it 70% of the time and he would do the same thing in Green Bay. Lot of the passes in Hawaii's system are quick and thats the same thing for GB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Have another point to add to your list D:

-Awful decision makers, make throws they have no business throwing, refuse to give up on a play and will try to force it in rather than throwing it away, they both have too much confidence in their arms and think they can throw into triple coverage, Brennan will go over the top without even looking how close the safety help is.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                Have another point to add to your list D:

-Awful decision makers, make throws they have no business throwing, refuse to give up on a play and will try to force it in rather than throwing it away, they both have too much confidence in their arms and think they can throw into triple coverage, Brennan will go over the top without even looking how close the safety help is.
                yaa i saw that a few times last night and previous games as well. I also think that if it weren't for davone bess making acrobatic catches (even at times when he was wide open and the ball was just poorly thrown) the game would have ended poorly for the warriors. Regardless, i still love the fact he lead them to a W, you have to appreciate that.

More than anything, I think davone bess has showed hes a pretty damn good receiver, who is capable of getting a team a lot of yac.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Yea the guy is a star 5 interceptions vs Idaho and 4 vs San Jose State. It could of been like 6 last night but the dbacks have bricks for hands. He doesnt know how to read defenses. He throws balls into tripple coverage. Definitely the next star QB in the NFL. I can totally see what your saying. Maybe reading defenses gets easier in the NFL.
                  Last edited by RyanLeaf#1; 10-13-2007, 10:58 AM.
                  Originally posted by nvot9
                  I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                  Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                  Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                  Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                  Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

On #7, I was thinking, "You call Texas 'small school'?" But then I thought about how that's Colt McCoy. Brennan's from Hawaii (of the WAC). Hey. I just got out of bed so give me a break.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

if brennan were to have success in the NFL he would have to wait 2-3 years like romo possibly
                      Last edited by 619; 10-13-2007, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Colt Brennan = Tony Romo = Brett Favre
                        I honestly want GB to trade Rodgers and get Brennan
                        He throws it 70% of the time and he would do the same thing in Green Bay. Lot of the passes in Hawaii's system are quick and thats the same thing for GB
                        That would be extremely stupid. We spent a first rounder on Rodgers, you can't get rid of him before he ever gets a chance to step on the field. And if we did trade him his value wouldn't be high at all because of that. That's reason enough not to, but you want Colt Brennan instead? Please. Rodgers was a much better prospect, has sat behind Favre for a while so he should be ready when he does get his chance, he's younger than Brennan, and fits our system better. I see no reason at all why we'd be better off with Brennan.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          That would be extremely stupid. We spent a first rounder on Rodgers, you can't get rid of him before he ever gets a chance to step on the field. And if we did trade him his value wouldn't be high at all because of that. That's reason enough not to, but you want Colt Brennan instead? Please. Rodgers was a much better prospect, has sat behind Favre for a while so he should be ready when he does get his chance, he's younger than Brennan, and fits our system better. I see no reason at all why we'd be better off with Brennan.
                          I agree. Brennan in GB makes no sense.

That said, are there really that many GB fans that have confidence in Rodgers to be successful?
                          Last edited by D-Unit; 10-13-2007, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                            Yea the guy is a star 5 interceptions vs Idaho and 4 vs San Jose State. It could of been like 6 last night but the dbacks have bricks for hands. He doesnt know how to read defenses. He throws balls into tripple coverage. Definitely the next star QB in the NFL. I can totally see what your saying. Maybe reading defenses gets easier in the NFL.
                            I was sort of wondering the same thing, but people are entitled to their opinions, I suppose.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              if brennan were to have success in the NFL he would have to wait 2-3 years like romo possibly
                              I think you're definitely right on with that assessment.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information