Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future 3-4 NT Prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Future 3-4 NT Prospects

    Help me out I'm trying to figure out who is a solid prospect for NT's in the 3-4. From who I have seen I'd say Antonio Dixon from the U. The little I saw of this kid, he is a truck.

    Anyone else I should keep an out out for?
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

  • #2
    Frank Okam
    Dre Moore
    BJ Raji - The best one in the draft, IMO-
    Frank Morton
    Henry Smith


    What do you guys think of Andrew Bain, Miami being moved from OG to NT? he has the size, height and speed(6'3 344 5.15) with the right coaching staff he could become solid at that position.

    2009/2010

    Al Woods
    Myron Pryor?
    DeMarcus Granger?
    Terrance Taylor
    Ernest Mitchell?
    Jeff Owens? Heard this guy can bench more then 525 pounds
    Last edited by PACKmanN; 11-07-2007, 02:36 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      is bj still gonna come out even with not playing pretty much the whole second half of the season due to academics?

      Comment


      • #4
        If we're talking future NT's.

        Keep an eye on the Gamecocks RS freshman DT, Kenrick Ellis. Shouldnt have a problem fitting into multiple schemes at 6'5 335 lbs.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • #5
          If by future you mean beyond the 2008 draft, Boston College DT Ron Brace is a junior now and he has loads of 3-4 NT potential. He gets overshadowed by BJ Raji, but since BJ has been out Brace has stepped up. He is about 6-3 and has before last season officially weighed in a 360+ (BC scale only went up to 360 pounds). He is down to about 340 and is moving around a lot better this season. He is a great run stopper who has shown the ability to rush the passer, and he certainly has everything you look for in a 3-4 NT.

          If Raji comes back to BC next season, Brace and Raji could be an elite college DT tandem,

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            Frank Okam
            Dre Moore
            BJ Raji - The best one in the draft, IMO-
            Frank Morton
            Henry Smith


            What do you guys think of Andrew Bain, Miami being moved from OG to NT? he has the size, height and speed(6'3 344 5.15) with the right coaching staff he could become solid at that position.

            2009/2010

            Al Woods
            Myron Pryor?
            DeMarcus Granger?
            Terrance Taylor
            Ernest Mitchell?
            Jeff Owens? Heard this guy can bench more then 525 pounds
            I think Dre Moore is an UT. So is Myron Pryor. I don't think Granger or Taylor could play NT in a 3-4 scheme.

            Comment


            • #7
              2008:

              Sedrick Ellis
              Nick Hayden
              Frank Morton
              Richard Clebert
              Viliami Akoteu
              Yaniv Barnett

              2009:

              Terrance Taylor
              Jeff Owens
              B.J. Raji
              Myron Pryor
              Peria Jerry
              Antonio Dixon
              Tonga Tea
              Ron Brace
              Jessie Bowman

              2010:

              Ekom Udofia
              Al Woods
              Ben Alexander
              Boo Robinson
              Wallace Pendleton
              Phillip Taylor
              Sione Fua

              2011: (potential)

              Marvin Austin
              Simi Fili
              Mike Constanzo
              Chris Perry
              Darius Savage

              Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                2011: (potential)

                Marvin Austin
                Simi Fili
                Mike Constanzo
                Chris Perry
                Darius Savage
                I like your eye.. I'm pretty sure Marvin Austin is athletic enough to play in any scheme though. Simi Fili is definitely a monster. One of the strongest kids I have even known. I met him at a football camp about two summers ago and he's just a beast!


                Comment


                • #9
                  Out of Boo Robinson, Phillip Taylor, and Terrence Taylor...which would rank highest?

                  Phillip Taylor strikes me as one of those Ngata/Wilfork guys who could play any position on the 3-4 DL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    I like your eye.. I'm pretty sure Marvin Austin is athletic enough to play in any scheme though. Simi Fili is definitely a monster. One of the strongest kids I have even known. I met him at a football camp about two summers ago and he's just a beast!
                    :) Thanks. I need to get out and do more than watch college and pro football.

                    Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                      Out of Boo Robinson, Phillip Taylor, and Terrence Taylor...which would rank highest?

                      Phillip Taylor strikes me as one of those Ngata/Wilfork guys who could play any position on the 3-4 DL.
                      I think it's too early to make that kind of call especially with Taylor having 1 more season and the others atleast 2.

                      Right now I take Terrence.. because he's the most polished.. but Phil and Boo could push to change my mind with some more time.

                      Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        *snickers at the idea of Okam or Ellis playing nose in a 34*

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Crow View Post
                          *snickers at the idea of Okam or Ellis playing nose in a 34*
                          I think Ellis could do it.. I don't think it'd be his best fit per-se, but he could be a dominant force inside a 3-4 with his athleticism.

                          Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                            I think Ellis could do it.. I don't think it'd be his best fit per-se, but he could be a dominant force inside a 3-4 with his athleticism.
                            I guess it depends on the sort of 34 defense, but I've always seen Ellis look most comfortable when given free reign to chase the passer, and putting him in a role where he'd have to gain a considerable amount of weight and would limit him to clogging holes seems like a bit like reaching for a nose tackle.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              I guess it depends on the sort of 34 defense, but I've always seen Ellis look most comfortable when given free reign to chase the passer, and putting him in a role where he'd have to gain a considerable amount of weight and would limit him to clogging holes seems like a bit like reaching for a nose tackle.
                              If you want to see Ellis in a 3-4, look no further than Dwayne Robertson, a very mediocre NT.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information