Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Javon Ringer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Javon Ringer

    Anybody watch this guy a lot? I saw some highlight film of him, and while it's just highlight film he looked pretty good. His stats are impressive as well. I like his teammate Jehruu Caulcrick as well but Ringer at 5'9 200 has a solid build and looks really explosive.

    Any ideas of where he ranks among the junior runningbacks and what round he could go in next year?
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

    Next Up: 2012

  • #2
    Anybody?

    ff
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

    Next Up: 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      Ive seen a few times early in the year, looked good, but it was against crappy comp.



      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        He allegedly runs a 4.4, but I don't buy it. Shawn Crable is a 4.55 guy at best and caught him from behind.

        Comment


        • #5
          I go to Michigan State, I have watched every game of his and this kid is for real. He's definitely a 4.4 guy and he breaks tackles with his elusiveness. He's put up solid if not spectacular numbers in every game. The only reason he doesnt have 15+ TD's is because of Jehuu Caulcrick who gets all the goal line carries and has 20 TD's.

          And if you saw the play where he was run down it was because he went 90 yards after running from the right hash to the left sideline and swinging it all the way back, and crable was dropped in coverage.

          fenikz

          "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

          35-21

          Comment


          • #6
            As far as round I would say 2nd in 09, later this year b/c of RB depth. But i dont think he'll go out this year.

            His size will hurt him, but he is for real.

            fenikz

            "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

            35-21

            Comment


            • #7
              So you think he can carry the load or is he a duel back?
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

              Next Up: 2012

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                So you think he can carry the load or is he a duel back?
                Well so far in his career he has been a duel back & hasnt been asked to carry the load. So the jury is still out on that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post

                  And if you saw the play where he was run down it was because he went 90 yards after running from the right hash to the left sideline and swinging it all the way back, and crable was dropped in coverage.
                  Um, no. Crable was the guy who missed him behind the LOS.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He's a very instinctive runner, who (in the games I've watched) has displayed good vision and balance. Well built guy even though he's shorter than the prototypical NFL back (he has a higher Body Mass Index than Reggie Bush, for example). Has the speed to take it the distance, and I believe that he's probably a legit 4.45 guy. Can catch out of the backfield. Seems to have some serious durability issues which could keep him from being an every down back, but I could definitely see him excelling in a dual-RB system. Was heavily recruited by Ohio St., but couldn't get the minimum ACT score to qualify for admission.

                    I personally think that he's right behind Felix Jones in the junior class, but most people would probably strongly disagree with me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WCH View Post
                      Has the speed to take it the distance, and I believe that he's a legit 4.45 guy (at worst).
                      If he runs a 4.45, Shawn Crable runs a 4.3, and that's not happening.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Players who break multiple 70+ yard runs usually clock in the 4.40-4.45 range. If Crable caught him from behind then that most likely means that he has endurance issues, and not straight-line speed issues. More reason to think that he'll fit more in the Jurious Norwood, dual-back role.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by WCH View Post
                          Players who break multiple 70+ yard runs usually clock in the 4.40-4.45 range. If Crable caught him from behind then that most likely means that he has endurance issues, and not straight-line speed issues. More reason to think that he'll fit more in the Jurious Norwood, dual-back role.
                          That's some pretty crappy endurance then. He could be good, but he's rather small.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Crable had an angle on him. He didn't run him down in a straight line.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              and seriously, it was ONE play...


                              Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information