Sedrick Ellis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedrick Ellis

How far behind Dorsey is Ellis as a prospect? And how would he translate to the NFL?

Sig by yours truly.

I think he will be a fine NFL player.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      I think he will be a fine NFL player.
      Agreed. I think he would thrive as an under tackle in a 4-3

Comment

Dorsey is a top 3 talent. Ellis is a top 10 talent. So not that far behind, but a little bit.

He translates well to the NFL in the right scheme.

Todd McShay in his latest mock draft has the Jets taking him at #5 overall. I totally disagree with this I think he is a really bad fit in a 3-4 scheme. He needs to be in the three technique on a Cover 2 defense to maximize his talent.

Comment

n/m nothing here
          Last edited by bored of education; 01-26-2008, 05:59 PM.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Cover 2 would be the best fit for him, but I see a 4-3 team drafting him earlier, like Carolina or Cincinnati. He can definitely get to the quarterback, but does not fit a 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
              Cover 2 would be the best fit for him, but I see a 4-3 team drafting him earlier, like Carolina or Cincinnati. He can definitely get to the quarterback, but does not fit a 3-4.
              He's a bad fit in Carolina. They don't use a Cover 2 defense and they prefer bigger DTs (more like 2 nose tackles).

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
                He's a bad fit in Carolina. They don't use a Cover 2 defense and they prefer bigger DTs (more like 2 nose tackles).
                For Carolina, is John Fox still their head coach in April? If not, then Ellis is a possibility because of scheme changes.

Comment

I'm a D-line guy, so maybe I'm biased. But I definitely think Ellis belongs in the top 5 next to Long and Dorsey. DTs under 300 pounds aren't a fit for every scheme, but he's got the skill to make teams look stupid for passing on him.

Comment

I really like him, and think he is a better VALUE than Dorsey. Dorsey will probably be picked top5, and Ellis top10 - top15 but wont be too behind Dorsey as a pro.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                      I really like him, and think he is a better VALUE than Dorsey. Dorsey will probably be picked top5, and Ellis top10 - top15 but wont be too behind Dorsey as a pro.
                      I agree with you. It might be controversial, but I think that Sendrick Ellis will be better in the NFL than Glenn Dorsey.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I think some teams would prefer Long over Dorsey. Long's stock is insanely high right now and Dorsey's has leveled out as a top 5, maybe top 3 lock. Long could be the #1 overall pick (especially if Miami sticks with a 3-4 and doesn't change to a 4-3). Ellis is gaining on Dorsey though, he is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
                          Tampa 2, not Cover 2. Every defense uses the cover 2, which has nothing to do with the defensive line.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Better prospect than Amobi Okoye with more upside (age isn't everything).

I'll be more than happy if the Chiefs take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                              I agree with you. It might be controversial, but I think that Sendrick Ellis will be better in the NFL than Glenn Dorsey.
                              I agree, i think that Ellis gives a more consistant effort. Dorsey is a heck of a football player but i would not use the word elite

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information