Steve Slaton?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Slaton?

What's the deal with him? I noticed that he isn't in a lot of mock drafts and I just wanted to know why. I know he's a little undersized but the guy can make some moves. Inform me...

Originally posted by packerpro42 View Post
    What's the deal with him? I noticed that he isn't in a lot of mock drafts and I just wanted to know why. I know he's a little undersized but the guy can make some moves. Inform me...
    He strikes me as another Troy Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
      He strikes me as another Troy Davis.
      Whoa, there's a name from the past! I'm sad to say I actually liked Troy Davis when he was coming out.

But I digress...

Slaton would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a 3rd down / situational back if he came out this year. He didn't have a great end to the season but I am not sure he will go much higher a year from now since he isn't going to get any bigger. I have heard he's leaning towards going back although he might want to wait and see who the Mountaineers hire to be their next coach.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

QB: Joey Harrington
        RB: Troy Davis

Maybe Scott can throw together the All Scott Wright Swing-and-a-Miss Team. :D

Goofin', man.

But, yeah. Had he put together a better junior campaign, he'd likely be coming out, I think. Since he didn't meet expectations, going back to boost the ol' stock makes some sense.

On the other hand, that's always a risky proposition for a RB.

Personally, I come out first chance I get, drop that first half million in the bank, and play like hell hoping to steal a starting job, and, in turn, a new contract.

But I'm no athlete. I can't even play ball with kids without collapsing in the yard and waiting for an ambulance...or the Reaper. My opinion don't mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Killuminati View Post
          QB: Joey Harrington
          RB: Troy Davis

Maybe Scott can throw together the All Scott Wright Swing-and-a-Miss Team. :D

Goofin', man.
          That's all right, I'll be the first to admit I have had my fair share of misses.

I get my fair share right though too and I'll put my record up against anyones. :)
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
            Whoa, there's a name from the past! I'm sad to say I actually liked Troy Davis when he was coming out.

But I digress...

Slaton would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a 3rd down / situational back if he came out this year. He didn't have a great end to the season but I am not sure he will go much higher a year from now since he isn't going to get any bigger. I have heard he's leaning towards going back although he might want to wait and see who the Mountaineers hire to be their next coach.
            Think a good performance against a talented Oklahoma defense would give him a shot at late round 1/ early round 2? (assuming all gos as expected in the combine)
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Slaton got keyed on so much, with an average/young line, his junior year really hurt his stock.

However, I guarantee he will blow the combine away. He also has good hands.

I hope he stays, so he can run behind a good line once more, but if he doesn't I have no worries that he will do good in the NFL.

Comment

Slaton will drop a bit come draft time but i see him being a fairly productive RB at the next level. He has the speed and vision to be successful. I see him as a 2nd rounder at this point with a shot at being selected late in round one a la Kevin Jones a few years ago

Comment

He reminds me of Tatum Bell.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I think he would be one of the best backs in the league if he played in Denver. Top 10 Fantasy RB if he started for them.

Put him in Cleveland and he's a scrub.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...0&sportCat=ncf

That article really tells what kind of a player Slaton is. Honestly, I think Rodriguez hurt Slaton. No player can have a good game when he touches the ball two times in the second-half of a ballgame.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information