The "Vouch for Small School Prospects" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Vouch for Small School Prospects" Thread

Use this thread to get some small school guy's names out to people that dont know about them.

Shane Simmons - Western Washington. 6-1, 230 Linebacker with 4.5 speed. Playing in Cactus Bowl on January 11th.

had something like 100+ solo tackles.
    Last edited by jballa838; 12-29-2007, 01:43 PM.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
    Use this thread to get some small school guy's names out to people that dont know about them.

Shane Simmons - Western Washington. 6-1, 230 Linebacker with 4.5 speed. Playing in Cactus Bowl on January 11th.
    There's a Cactus Bowl?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      There's a Cactus Bowl?
      D2 All-Star Game.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Craig Turner CB Southern Illinois
        5' 10"

Top Senior Kickoff Returners in 1-AA Football 2007
        Minimum 75% of games played and 1.2 kickoff returns per game.

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Puntret Yds TDs Ydsret Retpgm
        Craig Turner, Southern Ill. DB SR 14 26 756 1 29.08 1.86 – Craig is the top KR in I-AA Football.

Top Senior Kickoff Returners in 1-A Football 2007
        Minimum 75% of games played and 1.2 kickoff returns per game.
        Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Kickret Yds TDs Avg Ret/Gm
        Kevin Marion, Wake Forest WR SR 12 28 876 1 31.29 2.33
        Kevin Robinson, Utah St. WR SR 12 43 1260 3 29.30 3.58
        Curtis Francis, UCF RB SR 13 22 643 1 29.23 1.69
        Compared to all KR in 1-AA and 1-A, Craig ranks 4th with 29.08 avg yds per return.

Comment

Tim Hightower, RB, 6-1, 225, University of Richmond

2007: 327 RSH, 1924 YD, 5.9 AVG, 20 TD, 32 REC, 228 YD, 7.1 AVG, 3 TD

He has good stats and has been productive, but he also brings more to the table. He is smart, both on and off the field. He works hard and will do anything to help the team win. He offered to play linebacker, kicker, wedge-breaker, and kickoff return team for Richmond. He has great size and pretty good feet, and has really worked to improve his speed. He won't be drafted until maybe the 7th round, if at all, but he's the type you'd love to have on the team. He'd be an ideal 3rd string RB. He can run hard, has decent quicks/speed, can block and catch, can and will play special teams, can be safety net for a kicker. He is one of those kids every team would love to have on its bench.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/...n/1349115.jpeg

(I don't know how to put photos in)
          Richmond Spiders, 2008 FCS National Champions

Comment

Danny Woodhead (born January 25, 1985) is an American football player. He currently is a senior in college, playing running back for Chadron State College. He is the holder of several NCAA college football rushing records, including single season rushing and all-time rushing, and the 2006 winner of the Harlon Hill Trophy, awarded to the best player in NCAA Division II. On December 14, 2007, Danny was again awarded as the best player in Division II by receiving his second Harlon Hill Trophy. Woodhead's selection marks the third time that a player has won the Harlon Hill Trophy twice in the awards history. On October 6, 2007, he became the NCAA all-time leading rusher.

Comment

Lafayette Leopard, OT Jesse Padilla, 6'5 310 lbs. He's quite the stud LT for my Leopards. Has experience at both Tackle positions (all-american RT last year, all-american LT this year)...Blake Costanzo isnt going to be the only Leopard in the NFL next year...woo.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-28-2007, 05:17 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

that danny woodhead looks really impressive 2,700+ rushing yards in one season? wow

Comment

Brian Johnston DE, Gardner Webb 6-5 275 ish. Probable mid round pick. the next Aaron Smith or Jared Allen? take your pick.

Comment

I really like what I've heard about DEs Brian Johnston and Rudolph Hardie but haven't seen either of them play yet.

Hampton DE Kendall Langford is someone I've been hyping since last year and he still looks like a fantastic fit for a 3-4.

Danny Woodhead is someone I really like too. He's a bit undersized (5-9, 200 lbs) but don't let his skin colour fool you into thinking he's not fast enough. He was timed at a 4.41 40 in the spring and before you say spring 40 times are always exagerrated, he was timed by the Atlanta Falcons.
                    10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      Brian Johnston DE, Gardner Webb 6-5 275 ish. Probable mid round pick. the next Aaron Smith or Jared Allen? take your pick.
                      I went to college with this guy for like a semester. he's a really nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        I went to college with this guy for like a semester. he's a really nice guy

I remember you mentioned that and i stole your comparison to Aaron Smith of the Steelers, hope you dont mind.

Comment

I like Teyrell Johnson from Arkansas State but Scott Wright picked up on him too.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I know to some, Central Michigan isn't a small school but we rarely hear about the players from there.

Dan LeFevour 6'3" 226 lbs. QB

Second Player in College Football history to pass for 3,000 and run for 1,000. Really brought CMU back in the Motor City Bowl Game against Purdue after facing a 40-13 Defecit at the beginning of the 3rd Quarter. I was really impressed how accurate and quick his arm was as well as his ability to run the football.

Comment

The Falcons where all ready looking at Woodhead? Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information