Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...zbikowski.html
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

love the Doucet writeup, been looking forward to that for a bit. and the new draft schedule mixes up your projections, eh Scott? No longer are they day 1 picks, but 2nd or 3rd rounders haha.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Scott, I was wondering if it's no trouble, do you have Michael Huff's '06 scouting report easily avaaible? A lot of my fellow Raider fans are labeling this guy a bust because he only has 1 INT in 2 years. They all seem to think he was labeled a play maker coming out of college, and what I remember and can find on the net does not support that. Raider fans are quick to forget that since Huff Joined the Raiders, neither Gonzalez or Gates (Is this the AFC west or the Bush admin.?) have had a big day against the Raiders and that is because of Huff. If it isn't easy, no problem, don't want to be trouble. Thanks for all your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by gdamac View Post
        Scott, I was wondering if it's no trouble, do you have Michael Huff's '06 scouting report easily avaaible? A lot of my fellow Raider fans are labeling this guy a bust because he only has 1 INT in 2 years. They all seem to think he was labeled a play maker coming out of college, and what I remember and can find on the net does not support that. Raider fans are quick to forget that since Huff Joined the Raiders, neither Gonzalez or Gates (Is this the AFC west or the Bush admin.?) have had a big day against the Raiders and that is because of Huff. If it isn't easy, no problem, don't want to be trouble. Thanks for all your hard work.
        Here it is:

Michael Huff, S, Texas
        Height: 6-0 | Weight: 204 | 40-Time: 4.34

Strengths:
        Very athletic with excellent speed...A playmaker and ballhawk in the secondary who has a nose for the ball...Really has a knack for taking interceptions to the house...Versatile and has experience at both safety and cornerback...Moves well and shows terrific range...Very reliable tackler...Smart player with tremendous instincts...Comes from a program with a strong history of developing pro DB's.

Weaknesses:
        May be a bit of a 'tweener who doesn't fit in at either safety or corner at the pro level...Will gamble at times in an effort to come away with a turnover...Needs to work on and refine his technique...Needs to get stronger...Was shuffled around throughout his career and was never able to concentrate on just one position.

Notes:
        Thorpe Award winner...Brother (Marcus King) is a safety at Missouri...When it comes to making a big play in the secondary you won't find many who have done it as well as this guy at the college level the past few years...His pro position is still up in the air but with his physical tools it certainly give teams a lot of options.
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I like the Rucker report. Although sometimes having a receiver in a TE's body isn't a bad thing...

a guy can put on weight and be taught to block, but speed and soft hands just can't be

Comment

Whoever is labeling Huff a Bust are idiots. He's not a very good tackler. But in one on one coverage, he's terrific.

He's doing exactly what he was drafted to do: Putting a stop to the ass beatings we've gotten from TEs over the last several years.

Unfortunately for him, and our other DBs for that matter, our defensive scheme doesn't put players in a position to create turnovers. Manning up across the board may keep opposing receivers' stats' down, but it's just not conducive to putting up many defensive stats either.

Anyway, been looking forward to the Beau Bell write up. Know a couple guys really high on him. You say his ball skills are iffy. Is that a reflection on his entire body of owrk? Statistically, it seems as though he really improved in that area as a senior.

Comment

Like the Bell and Doucet writeups. Do you see Doucet slipping somehow if juniors come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                Here it is:

Michael Huff, S, Texas
                Height: 6-0 | Weight: 204 | 40-Time: 4.34

Strengths:
                Very athletic with excellent speed...A playmaker and ballhawk in the secondary who has a nose for the ball...Really has a knack for taking interceptions to the house...Versatile and has experience at both safety and cornerback...Moves well and shows terrific range...Very reliable tackler...Smart player with tremendous instincts...Comes from a program with a strong history of developing pro DB's.

Weaknesses:
                May be a bit of a 'tweener who doesn't fit in at either safety or corner at the pro level...Will gamble at times in an effort to come away with a turnover...Needs to work on and refine his technique...Needs to get stronger...Was shuffled around throughout his career and was never able to concentrate on just one position.

Notes:
                Thorpe Award winner...Brother (Marcus King) is a safety at Missouri...When it comes to making a big play in the secondary you won't find many who have done it as well as this guy at the college level the past few years...His pro position is still up in the air but with his physical tools it certainly give teams a lot of options.
                I appreciate it, so playmaking was his calling card. Well, maybe I am drinking too much Raider Koolaid, or maybe I am just stuborn but I won't call him a bust just yet. Nnamdi Asomugha had 0 INTs after 3 seasons, then 8 in '06. Also, with so many players busting in Oakland, I wonder if it really is the players, or lack of consistency at HC. Again, thanks for everything.

Originally posted by Don Killuminati View Post
                Whoever is labeling Huff a Bust are idiots. He's not a very good tackler. But in one on one coverage, he's terrific.

He's doing exactly what he was drafted to do: Putting a stop to the ass beatings we've gotten from TEs over the last several years.

Unfortunately for him, and our other DBs for that matter, our defensive scheme doesn't put players in a position to create turnovers. Manning up across the board may keep opposing receivers' stats' down, but it's just not conducive to putting up many defensive stats either.

Anyway, been looking forward to the Beau Bell write up. Know a couple guys really high on him. You say his ball skills are iffy. Is that a reflection on his entire body of owrk? Statistically, it seems as though he really improved in that area as a senior.
                Tony Gonzalez has 0 TDs vs. Oakland since Huff entered the league. Gates has two, both in '06. 2 TDs vs. Gates/Gonzalez in 6 games (Gonzales missed 1 in '06). That speaks for itself.

--

I like the Tim Z. write ups and the Early Ducet. I think the pluses Ducet has added to existing chemistry with JaMarcus, I wouldn't complain if the Raiders picked him. Wouldn't mind Tim Z. on day two either.
                Last edited by gdamac; 12-29-2007, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Zbikowski would be a good fit for the Jets imo. We need a good punt returner and hed be great on special teams. Weve also had inconsistency at SS.

Comment

I'm not sold on Beau Bell. I don't know what it is, probably the durability issues, that just makes me uneasy about drafting him in the 2nd round.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                      Zbikowski would be a good fit for the Jets imo. We need a good punt returner and hed be great on special teams. Weve also had inconsistency at SS.

I think Zbikwoski could probably do very well with the Jets and you're right they're safety situation has been spotty (since Ronnie Lott was there). Not sure about the 4.55 speed with the report he was 10.4 100 meters in highschool which certainly doesnt translate to 4.55. I'll admit i'm wrong if he doesnt run better at the combine. My guess is he turns at least one high 4.4

Comment

Wallace Gilberry is a playmaker. I'm not a Bama fan (Bama= live in Bama), but when ever I watch them play he's making plays.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I'm a big fan of Gilberry...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I regard Rucker as the top TE and he warrants a late first round pick IMO.

Comment

I think if Mike Zimmer stays with the Falcons this year, Zbikowski would fit in great there. I know they drafted Daren Stone from Maine last year, but I still havn't seen enough of him to declare him Milloy's successor. Zimmer has played Milloy up in the box so much this year, so it is only natural to think that Zbikowski would be a perfect fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information