Scott, What Happened to Colt Brennan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott, What Happened to Colt Brennan

In your last mock, before Colt announced he was returning to Hawaii for his senior season, you had him as a 1st round pick. This year, I think more than a couple teams are in need of a QB, and you dont have him present in the 1st round.

If anything, I dont think his stock has fallen at all, and I think he could boost it up even more if he wins later in the week. Why is he out of the 1st when he was in it last year?

I don't think Colt is a first rounder. I'd have him 5th right now of the QB's. Certianly could move up. That said, I'm a bit iffy on 3 QB's going in round 1, let alone 4.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
      I don't think Colt is a first rounder. I'd have him 5th right now of the QB's. Certianly could move up. That said, I'm a bit iffy on 3 QB's going in round 1, let alone 4.
      What quarterbacks are in your top 5?
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

toon, do you think if he torches Georgia, like he has been the entire WAC, im talking 350+ yards and 4 TD's and wins the game, will his stock rise considerably?

I always respect your knowledge. Your probably the best draft poster on this site.

Comment

My top 5 QBs are

1. Matt Ryan
          2. brian Brohm
          3. Joe Flacco
          4. Andre Woodson
          5. Colt Brennan

Comment

Joe Flacco did not impress me at all when I watched him on television in the 1-AA playoffs in two games.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              Joe Flacco did not impress me at all when I watched him on television in the 1-AA playoffs in two games.
              Well I've watched him 5 times this year and each time came away very impressed with his pocket presence and accuracy. he also rarely goes down on first contact

Comment

My top 5's the same order as SK.

AS for the other question, yes a huge bowl game can help him. He's going to get a good test from that Georgia D. I don't know if this is the best D he's faced all year (too lazy to check right now), but considering the time Georgia's had to prepare, even though I don't think it's a particularly great test, it is a good test, and if he can adapt to the different look the Georgia D has set up, and he torches them, and with big plays as well as the typical short-intermediate stuff, then yes, I think he could boost himself quite a bit.

I think the QB rankings are more wide open than people seem to think. As of now, the only person I'd say that has a high chance to be a lock in the top 3 at the end is Ryan. I think everything else is fluid.

It's a good QB depth class, but boy if the values aren't inflated at the top. Much as I talk positively about Woodson/Ryan, in some other years, they'd be late firsts, IMO. Much as I love Flacco, a chance for the 1st round? Seriously? Just goes to show that it's a really odd draft year at many positions. Really a side rant, but I find it funny how folks claim that some mock drafts have really screwy orders and what not ... the order is far from being done. okay, end rant.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  Well I've watched him 5 times this year and each time came away very impressed with his pocket presence and accuracy. he also rarely goes down on first contact
                  I might be in the minority, but much as I like Flacco, I think there's some mechanical work there. Seemed to have a bit of a windup, and some of the passes I've seen him make, well, those windows won't be there in D-I, let alone the NFL. All adjustable/developable aspects, and draft value is as much on projection, and he projects, arguably, better than the other 4 guys listed.

Comment

Much as I love Flacco, a chance for the 1st round? Seriously?
                    I agree. The only thing keeping Joe Flacco from being drafted in the first round in my opinion is the fact he went to Delaware. When it's all said and done, he might actually be the most pro ready QB in the class

Comment

Although it is rare QBs from very small schools have gone in the first round before such as Steve McNair. There clearly is something else holding Flacco back and maybe what toon mentioned above could be part of the problem as scouts evaluate tape.

Comment

The problem I have with Brennan is its almost impossible to find the throws he makes at Hawaii that he'll need to make in the pro's. On top of that I still think the jury is out on if he is a system QB or not.

I think the truth falls somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                          Although it is rare QBs from very small schools have gone in the first round before such as Steve McNair. There clearly is something else holding Flacco back and maybe what toon mentioned above could be part of the problem as scouts evaluate tape.
                          Steve McNair completely obliterated D1-AA that year though and If I recall correctly, he even got some heisman trophy votes from it

Comment

There are just more quarterbacks available this year. As I said a year ago Brennan hasn't answered any questions, there are the same issues with him now as there were a year ago. I see him as a 2nd round pick but the Senior Bowl is going to play a big role for him.

As for Flacco, I think he is overhyped right now to be honest. He can definitely wing the ball and he looks the part physically but I haven't been impressed with his accuracy. I wouldn't touch him before round three.
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              There are just more quarterbacks available this year. As I said a year ago Brennan hasn't answered any questions, there are the same issues with him now as there were a year ago. I see him as a 2nd round pick but the Senior Bowl is going to play a big role for him.

As for Flacco, I think he is overhyped right now to be honest. He can definitely wing the ball and he looks the part physically but I haven't been impressed with his accuracy. I wouldn't touch him before round three.
                              Really? In the few games I've seen I have been impressed with his ability to put the ball where only his recievers can get it. He reminds me a lot of Ben Roethlisberger

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information