Erik Ainge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Ainge

He's 6'6" with 31 TDs and 3500+ yards this season in the SEC. Any chance he ends up being a better pro QB than Woodson/Ryan/Brohm? Seems like a good sleeper given his experience and production.

in his blog a couple of months ago Scott compared him to Derek Anderson so if turns out like DA (who has turned out to be better then the three first rounds QBs that year Campbell/Smith/Rodgers) he could be a sleeper

the key is that he ends up in the right systems with good complementary talent/coaching around him

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle

Comment

Theres other ainge threads

Comment

He only got sacked three times all season, so things were made a bit easier for him, and he was extremely inconsistent throughout his college career. I don't think he's better than Ryan/Brohm, but he could potentially be better than Woodson because Woodson has a bit of risk associated with him.

Comment

not sure how strong his arm is, but he looks like Carson Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
            He only got sacked three times all season, so things were made a bit easier for him, and he was extremely inconsistent throughout his college career. I don't think he's better than Ryan/Brohm, but he could potentially be better than Woodson because Woodson has a bit of risk associated with him.
            You cant attribute him being sacked only 4 times all season solely to the o-line. He gets the ball out quickly and makes his reads fast. The only reason people say he was inconsistent was his sophmore year which cant all be blamed on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
              You cant attribute him being sacked only 4 times all season solely to the o-line. He gets the ball out quickly and makes his reads fast. The only reason people say he was inconsistent was his sophmore year which cant all be blamed on him.
              make good points about both his oline is nasty but also you cant judge a qb inconsistency on his sopp. year

Comment

I like him. Personally I think he has the size, arm strength, and accuracy to be a pretty good nfl qb. I think he will be the best QB of this class. What I like with Ainge is that he played in the SEC (boy, that never gets old eh), put up great numbers, lead his team to the SEC finals and was coached by David Cutcliffe. I think with Ainge, he has the least risk of all QB's, and he is somewhat near ready. You know what you are getting with him.

Comment

I'm surprised that Ainge isn't in "the conversation" about who is the best QB in this class, because I really like him as a prospect.

I really wouldn't mind if the Jaguars drafted him in the second or third round. Let Garrard lead the team for a couple-three more years, and then give the helm to Ainge.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                    I'm surprised that Ainge isn't in "the conversation" about who is the best QB in this class, because I really like him as a prospect.

I really wouldn't mind if the Jaguars drafted him in the second or third round. Let Garrard lead the team for a couple-three more years, and then give the helm to Ainge.
                    Exactly the way I feel about Ainge.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteeagle View Post
                      in his blog a couple of months ago Scott compared him to Derek Anderson so if turns out like DA (who has turned out to be better then the three first rounds QBs that year Campbell/Smith/Rodgers) he could be a sleeper

the key is that he ends up in the right systems with good complementary talent/coaching around him
                      How can you say he has become better then Rodgers? Rodgers played a great game vs the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        How can you say he has become better then Rodgers? Rodgers played a great game vs the Cowboys.
                        I really hope youre joking.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                          ........because its true?

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle

Comment

He played great this season, he has been a 3.5+ year starter in a tough conference. He shows alot of potential, I think he arm gets kind of underated because he didn't get alot of oppurtunity to stretch vertical this season. I'd like to see him drafted in 2nd or 3rd and developed for a couple of years, he could EASILY turn out the best of all these QBs, he has all the raw skills.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteeagle View Post
                              ........because its true?
                              how is it true when Rodgers hasn't played a season of football? how can you make that judgment....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information