Matthew Stafford: The Prospect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew Stafford: The Prospect

Can anyone give me a scouting report of him? I know he cant come out this year.

I just say like a 13 minute highlight reel of him and he looked really good. Maybe he can end the Falcon QB woes if we dont address them this draft.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

I just watched a reel of all incomplete passes, picks, and sacks! Didn't impress me in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      I just watched a reel of all incomplete passes, picks, and sacks! Didn't impress me in that video.
      I wonder why watching him at his worst didn't make him look good. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

He has a pro-ready NFL arm.... thats my impression on him from this year.

Next year the process with begin more heavily

Comment

Someone should seriously make a reel of bad plays also. Everbody looks great in a highlight, thats why its a HIGHLIGHT!
          Last edited by regoob2; 01-09-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

From I've seen of him, Stafford definitely needs some work till he is NFL ready. His arm is big league tho...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

I'm not just saying this because I hate Georgia, but everytime I see him play he is terrible. Then on College Football Live they praise him and say how good he is. I believe he is one of the most overrated college football players out there.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
                I'm not just saying this because I hate Georgia, but everytime I see him play he is terrible. Then on College Football Live they praise him and say how good he is. I believe he is one of the most overrated college football players out there.
                Its all about showing flashes of greatness early on, that will get people watching you later on in your college career.... all young players will make mistakes when they are younger, you just want to see this raw talent and play close attention to how they progress over the next couple of years.

That said.... I like Stafford better then Tebow as a pro prospect

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  You can still evaluate a player based on their highlight reel. I was trying to see how his mechanics were, how he reacts with pressure coming to him.

I know its a biased view, but thats why I came here asking for what more on him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I watched pretty much every game of his. He really doesn't put up big numbers, Georgia rushing attack outpowers the pass game. He started since his freshman year, so got experience. Is somewhat mobile, and can move in the pocket pretty good. Arm is deadly strong and pretty accurate, and has eyes looking downfield.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

I'd like to see Stafford complete at least 65&#37; of his passes before I'm willing to consider him an elite QB at the college ranks.

That said, if he can do that, I would look for him to be fighting for the top QB selection next year, or the year after.

He's definitely a guy who should stay until his senior year. Of course, we'll see what happens after his junior season. We all know scouts love it when a QB has a ton of experience under his belt, and he played some his Freshman year, did decent in his Sophomore year and if he plays well the next two seasons he could be a big time QB. He certainly has the NFL arm you look for.

If he has a really good junior campaign I could see him coming out early since there will be a significant lack of good QB's that year. Especially if Tebow doesn't declare, because you figure he'd be the consensus top QB of the draft. It all depends on how he does his junior year though.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Stafford isn't a finished product, but he looked alot better then he did his freshman year. Everybody know's he has the arm strength. Stafford has played his best in big games and unlike the other QB's in the SEC hasn't padded his stats in OT or agianst small schools. If he improves as much as he did between his 1st and 2nd year year he could be gone. His &#37; did go up from his first year and he seemed to get better with the deep ball late in the year. Knowshon Moreno gave him a true playmaker something that was missing his freshman year. Part of the accuracy is not have a big window to make a throw since the WR get no sepration from DB. That could even help him out a little when he gets to the NFL. He still trust his arm to much at times. He is also doing a great job of chaning the plays at the line of scrimmage something you might have noticed in the bowl game.

When you look at how much he improved this year 3,000 yards, 25 TD, 7 int, 60% seem reasonable for next year.

Freshman year - Completed 52% of his passes for 1,700+ yards, 7 TDs and 13 INTs. Approximately a 1:2 TD to INT ratio, QB rating 109

Sophmore year - Completed 56% of his passes for 2,523+ yards, 19 TD and 10 INTs. a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, QB Rating 129

A few highlights they wasn't many I could find
                        vs GT - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvSDUMw-XQ
                        vs auburn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjcTC88rOo & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plNuuuKc0vk
                        Last edited by georgiafan; 01-09-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I watch all the Georgia games that I can as a fan and I can see he's not there yet. There is absolutely no question that he has an arm on him and in fact, he might be more pro-ready than Tebow when they come out because of the system he plays in. I think a good comparison right now is Ben Roethlisberger in that he isn't called on to light it up through the air and his team is based on the run. I really did not see the hype last year, but I can see a flash or two here and there now. It would do him well to stay until he's a senior and refine his game, Mark Richt is a great coach and he'll have him ready to make millions.

Comment

Originally posted by volman88 View Post
                            I agree completely.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

he easliy has the tools, his arm strength is off the charts.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information