Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Hey guys, I wanted to know your thoughts about this RB. Forte's stock raised recently and I saw Mike Mayock had him as his #3 senior RB. What do you think about him?

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
    1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
    2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
    3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
    3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
    4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
    5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
    6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
    7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

He reminds me of a poor man's Deuce McAllister. He has good straight line speed, very good build, is strong and powerful, can knock people over if he has to. Always keeps his legs going and tends to have a nose for the endzone. I don't know much about his ability to catch out of the backfield. Definitely won't run away from anyone and has some durability concerns.

I consider him a sleeper prospect.
    Last edited by diabsoule; 01-13-2008, 12:03 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

I would compare him to Dorsey Levens. He catches out of the back field, hits the hole hard, a power runner.

Comment

So, he is strong. Strong in portuguese is... Forte. I think that's coincidence.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
        1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
        2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
        3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
        3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
        4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
        5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
        6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
        7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Forte has been kind of a late bloomer. His production shot up this year, as his stock has. He's strong, has good strait speed. He's not the most agile guy, but he has a good burst and makes fairly definitive cuts. You may worry a bit about competition, but I don't as much as others. He's a good prospect. Deuce is a good comparison, but he's not quite as bulky as Deuce and I think he has better speed.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Deuce McAlister used to be fast.
            Virginia Tech.
            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I have him as the number 1 Fullback. That's where I think he'll earn his money. I dont see him as a featured RB unless a team drafts him as a change of pace back

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

i don't think many teams will look at him as a fullback, great between the tackles runner, wears down a defense over the course of a game, can take a simple dive and break it for 60 yards, not top end speed but is explosive and picks up speed quickly once he hits the hole

He kind of reminds me of a more physical Edge

I'm guessing he will go in the 3rd unless he has an amazing or terrible combine, i still personally prefer him to Kevin Smith & Chris Johnson

Comment

Forte has shown this year that he does have good hands and can catch it out of the backfield adding yet another dimension to his game. Hes a tweener but I still like him as a change of pace back who I can see being a nice complementary back in a 2-RB system in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    Forte has shown this year that he does have good hands and can catch it out of the backfield adding yet another dimension to his game. Hes a tweener but I still like him as a change of pace back who I can see being a nice complementary back in a 2-RB system in a couple years.
                    yea he can be a nice complementry back next to a #1 RB...like lamont jordan was on the jets
                    Last edited by GET LOOSE; 01-13-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Might fit on the Jags as Maurice Drew's change-of-pace guy for the future.

Drew-Forte, the future one-two punch of the Jags?

Comment

Why would teams look at him as a FB? He only weighs around 220. Most NFL RB's are at least that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                          Why would teams look at him as a FB? He only weighs around 220. Most NFL RB's are at least that big.
                          This is what I had been thinking. He'd have to get to around 230-235 and show a lot of strength at the combine, IMO, to really warant a move to fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by DanteXavier View Post
                            This is what I had been thinking. He'd have to get to around 230-235 and show a lot of strength at the combine, IMO, to really warant a move to fullback.
                            I'm thinking he's this year's version of Brian Leonard

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by adamprez2003 View Post
                              I'm thinking he's this year's version of Brian Leonard
                              That's one comparison I don't buy into that much.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information