Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Matt Ryan and Glenn Dorsey both fall out of the top 10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Matt Ryan and Glenn Dorsey both fall out of the top 10?

IMO, Dorsey is out of the top 10 and struggling to be top 20. I really don't see teams willing to pay that much money on the chance that Dorsey could one day be healthy.

Matt Ryan is the interesting one here IMO. If no one falls in love with him in the top 10, is there a chance he has a Quinn/Rodgers like slide? IMO if the Dolphins, Falcons, Chiefs, and Ravens all pass... I don't know where he lands. I don't see CAR or CHI drafting Ryan.

Could both these guys fall out of the top 10? top 20?
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

I'll be surprised if Baltimore doesn't jump at drafting Ryan if he's there for them. Then again, I didn't think Quinn would get past Miami last year, so who knows.

As for Dorsey, I think way too much overanalysis is going on. He's an elite player, he would have definitely been a Top 10 pick last year. The guy took a cheap shot from an Auburn lineman this year, which obviously affected him until he could heal up some for the bowl game, but he didn't miss a game I believe. I just can't see him getting out of the Top 10 myself.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

No. If Dorsey is there at #10, there is NO WAY New Orleans passes on him.

Comment

Well this is why I think Dorsey is out...

Everyone knows he is an elite talent, but look at the way injuries affect draft stock in today's NFL draft.

Personally, I think a lot of people have Ellis ahead of Dorsey because of injury issues. This is where it gets a little hairy. In my eyes, Ellis is slipping which will in turn cause a chain reaction for Dorsey. Though Ellis had a crazy senior bowl, his combine was really subpar. Teams are wondering if his explosion off the line is because of inferior talent he faces on the OL in the NCAA or if his play/motor outweighs his numbers. At the earliest, I see Ellis going #10 to NO. If Ellis were to slip to #10, I see no way Dorsey goes until CHI and I don't think CHI will draft Dorsey. I think if Dorsey were to fall, TB at #20 would be the logical choice.

Teams get scared of investing millions in a guy who they can't see work out and has red flag injury issues.

Comment

They both have question marks about them but I still think they'll both go top 10.

Comment

I find it far more likely that Matt Ryan goes #1 to Miami than him dropping out of the top ten. Pro scouts just seem to like him a lot more than us internet draftniks.

Comment

I cant see him drop by Cincy and NO

Comment

Originally posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
                No. If Dorsey is there at #10, there is NO WAY New Orleans passes on him.
                So you are saying NO picks Dorsey over Ellis, cause I think there is no way that happens.

Comment

well then show us r mock to see what u mean. I cant see the Bengals pass on Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                    So you are saying NO picks Dorsey over Ellis, cause I think there is no way that happens.
                    I doubt Dorsey and Ellis are both available at #10

Comment

Im not a big fan of Dorsey...but there is no way he slipps out of the top 10, let alone 20.

Comment

btw i believe the Lions would be all over them

Comment

I think IndyColtScout is going for a Mayock effect and just finding something he knows everyone will react to.

There isn't noway Dorsey gets picked over Ellis. You can't say that. And Top 20 is just silly talk when dealing with Dorsey. If he doesn't get cheap shotted he is hands down the best prospect in this draft. He has healed up from that. He didn't miss a game and played still to the point where he was talked about as the best DT in the country. That was hurt. So yea. I can see him dropping to 10 but there is no way he falls past 10.

Matt Ryan out of the top 10 is silly too. Like PL said, pro scouts do seem to like him alot more than most of us out here in internet world.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

OK guys let me know if you think this top 10 can happen...

MIA- C. Long
                            -The guy they want

STL- Golston
                            -The guy they want

ATL- J.Long
                            -Need OL

OAK-DMC
                            -Pick could be traded, but if not offensive weapon

KC-OTAH!
                            -Need OL

NYJ- DRC
                            -Paired with Revis for great CB tandem of the future and present.

NE- Rivers (or trade down where Ryan gets picked)
                            -Need LB help, could trade down

BAL-McElvin
                            -Need CB help bad

CIN-Mendenhall
                            -Rudi is going downhill, Perry bust, Watson is ok, Irons is hurt, and this team needs a consistant RB to keep defenses off the WR's and Palmer.

NO- Ellis
                            -They have a group of solid DT's, but a young star could be used to clog the middle.

Hypothetically if this was the top 10 picks, where would Dorsey or Ryan land?

Comment

If the Chiefs stay at five and J.Long is gone I could very well see them taking Dorsey I really don't think we reach on an OT when we can get one early in round two.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information