Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any information on Matt Ryan's Pro Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any information on Matt Ryan's Pro Day?

I know there is a pro day thread, but this information deserves its own thread because this specific pro day could change the entire draft.

Personally, I haven't heard anything yet. I will guess Ryan did good though. Whenever these top QB's setup their own pro day where they are comfortable in their own surroundings, most put up great pro days. Hell, Alex Smith's pro day vaulted him from mid round-late top 10 prospect to #1 pick. Matt Ryan is in the exact same situation, and thing same outcome could happen.

So please, anyone, help me with this info. I've searched and found nothing.
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Just saw a segment on NFL Live on ESPN about Ryans pro day. Mike Mayock reported that he graded his Pro Day on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best an 8. He also said that Ryan ran a 53 pass drill and hit everyone of his receivers while demonstrating great arm strength nothing like Jmarcs but very good. Mayock believes that Ryan is a complete QB that has the elite status and can be a franchise QB.

Comment

thank you sir
      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Some comments by Herm Edwards about Ryan's performance at his pro day:

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...n_matt_ry.html

And another short note about the people in attendance at the pro day:

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._day_feel.html

Wonder if the Chiefs are REALLY that interested in Ryan or if it is just a smokescreen. I'm sure they are also looking at Cherilus.

Comment

There's a blurb over on PFT right now about how the Chiefs sent Peterson, Edwards, Gailey and Co. I think that's the Ryan sleeper that everyone keeps forgetting about. Granted, Miami/Atlanta/Baltimore are more likely, but depend on how things go, it wouldn't stun me if the Chiefs surprised. That said, darkhorse.

Comment

Mort reported that KC had the largest contingent there, as Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards, Chan Gailey (the new OC), and the QB coach all were in attendance.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

The Saints sent Pete Carmichael, Jr. (our QB coach) to his Pro Day too...
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
                Just saw a segment on NFL Live on ESPN about Ryans pro day. Mike Mayock reported that he graded his Pro Day on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best an 8. He also said that Ryan ran a 53 pass drill and hit everyone of his receivers while demonstrating great arm strength nothing like Jmarcs but very good. Mayock believes that Ryan is a complete QB that has the elite status and can be a franchise QB.
                It wasnt Mayock it was Todd McShay. So............yeah.

Comment

On ESPN they said he completed 48/52, overthrew one and the other three incompletes were drops. They said he did a really good job and could go #1 overall to Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    On ESPN they said he completed 48/52, overthrew one and the other three incompletes were drops. They said he did a really good job and could go #1 overall to Miami.
                    I have no idea how Ryan did but espn would rate it an amazing performance even if he didn't complete as a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81 View Post
                      Mort reported that KC had the largest contingent there, as Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards, Chan Gailey (the new OC), and the QB coach all were in attendance.
                      I think thats because it was also Cherilus's pro day too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bam bam View Post
                        I think thats because it was also Cherilus's pro day too, right?
                        that's what i thought at first too, but considering cherilus isn't worth the number 5 overall pick. there's always the chance to grab him in the 2nd if he slides, but I don't know if you would send your major offensive coaches to look at a tackle that might potentially be available in the second.

thus, i think they're just evaluating Ryan further to see if he's a prospect they can't pass up on. I don't know if they're necessarily a sleeper to pick him now considering how great their other needs are, but I won't be surprised if they do either.
                        Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

Mayock said he did well enough to assure himself a basic lock for the top 8.

Comment

I wrote about it with a couple of good links in my blog today too.
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                              There's a blurb over on PFT right now about how the Chiefs sent Peterson, Edwards, Gailey and Co. I think that's the Ryan sleeper that everyone keeps forgetting about. Granted, Miami/Atlanta/Baltimore are more likely, but depend on how things go, it wouldn't stun me if the Chiefs surprised. That said, darkhorse.

Yeah I read that today as well.Maybe KC finally is saying they either a) don't believe Croyle is good or b) don't think Croyle wilkl ever stay on the field for an entire year.If KC takes Ryan that says all there needs to about their faith in Croyle

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information