Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Mayock's Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Mayock's Mock Draft

    It came out yesterday and I hadn't seen the full thing posted anywhere so here it is. It's 3 video parts and i'm too lazy to type the Mock so this is all you guys are getting.

    Picks 1-10
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

    Picks 11-20
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

    Picks 21-31
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

    Not really to many surprises in the mock but one thing that interested me was Mike Mayock saying Brandon Flowers is the best CB in the draft. He also says that he is the most physical corner he has seen in the last 5 years of the draft.

    I've noticed over the past couple years that when Mayock is particularly high on a certain player that player always turns into a great NFL player. I remember when D. Ware was coming out and how Mayock was in love with him. Obviously he knows his **** and I didn't really think that highly of Flowers untill Mayock gave him the o.k.

    stephenson86

  • #2
    i did the mock for you


    1. Miami Dolphins - Chris Long/DE (Virginia) Sr.
    2. St. Louis Rams - Jake Long/OT (Michigan) Sr.
    3. Atlanta Falcons - Glenn Dorsey/DT (LSU) Sr.
    4. Oakland Raiders - Vernon Gholston/DE (Ohio State) Jr.
    5. Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Ryan/QB (Boston College) Sr.
    6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden/RB (Arkansas) Jr
    7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) - Branden Albert/OG (Virginia) Sr.
    8. Baltimore Ravens - Leodis McKelvin/CB (Troy) Sr.
    9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis/DT (USC) Sr.
    10. New Orleans Saints - Keith Rivers/LB (USC) Sr.
    11. Buffalo Bills - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie/CB (Tennessee State) Sr.
    12. Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady/OT (Bosie State) Jr.
    13. Carolina Panthers - Jonathan Stewart/RB (Oregon) Sr.
    14. Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah/OT (Pittsburgh) Sr.
    15. Detroit Lions - Jerod Mayo/LB (Tennessee) Jr.
    16. Arizona Cardinals - Rashard Mendenhall/HB (Illinois) Jr.
    17. Minnesota Vikings - Derrick Harvey/DE (Florida) Jr.
    18. Houston Texans - Chris Williams/OT (Vanderbilt)
    19. Philadelphia Eagles - Mike Jenkins/CB (South Florida) Sr.
    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aqib Talib/CB (Kansas) Jr.
    21. Washington Redskins - Calais Campbell/DE (Miami-Fla) Jr.
    22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) - Felix Jones/RB (Arkansas) Jr.
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Gosder Cherilus/OT (Boston College) Sr.
    24. Tennessee Titans - Devin Thomas/WR (Michigan State) Jr.
    25. Seattle Seahawks - Kentwan Balmer/DT (North Carolina) Sr.
    26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Phillip Merling/DE (Clemson) Jr.
    27. San Diego Chargers - Brandon Flowers/DB (Virginia Tech) Sr.
    28. Dallas Cowboys - DeSean Jackson/WR (Calfornia) Jr.
    29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) - Dan Connor/LB (Penn State) Sr.
    30. Green Bay Packers - Sam Baker/OT (USC) Sr.
    31. New York Giants - Mario Manningham/WR (Michigan) Jr.

    Comment


    • #3
      I really don't see Jake Long going #2 to the Rams. With Pace and Barron, how long would Long have to sit or play OG?

      Oldie but a goodie.

      Comment


      • #4
        Watching the Giants last season really shows that WR is our biggest need... I hate Mayock. =(


        Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JF4 View Post
          It came out yesterday and I hadn't seen the full thing posted anywhere so here it is. It's 3 video parts and i'm too lazy to type the Mock so this is all you guys are getting.

          Picks 1-10
          http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

          Picks 11-20
          http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

          Picks 21-31
          http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

          Not really to many surprises in the mock but one thing that interested me was Mike Mayock saying Brandon Flowers is the best CB in the draft. He also says that he is the most physical corner he has seen in the last 5 years of the draft.

          I've noticed over the past couple years that when Mayock is particularly high on a certain player that player always turns into a great NFL player. I remember when D. Ware was coming out and how Mayock was in love with him. Obviously he knows his **** and I didn't really think that highly of Flowers untill Mayock gave him the o.k.
          Those links are exactly the same

          Oldie but a goodie.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            Watching the Giants last season really shows that WR is our biggest need... I hate Mayock. =(
            I dont understand that pick one bit...Maybe you guys need two Sinorice Moss'.





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
              I really don't see Jake Long going #2 to the Rams. With Pace and Barron, how long would Long have to sit or play OG?
              At most, 2 years. That isn't that long. Barron's contract is up in 2 years. It wouldn't be that stunning to me if Jake Long beat out Barron for a tackle spot sooner than that either.

              _______________________

              As for the mock, the top 12 I buy. 13 surprised me a bit. Jonathan Stewart and the Panthers? It isn't for a lack of fit or need, though (they could use a big back despite adding Toefield).

              At 14, my inclination is that Chicago would go with Williams over Otah, but sure, I could see Otah over Williams. 15 and Mayo somewhat surprised, but it wasn't shocking. Mayo is tearing up the boards, and it's hard to figure where the LB's fall this year, and Detroit is a team that could use one. But with Harvey and Mendenhall still on the board, not sure.

              Seattle and Balmer mildy surprised. Sure, they could use another body, but do they really need it this high with some WR value in the area? The final two picks also surprised a bit. That said, prior to his pro day, Baker did make some sense for the Packers as a fit, and they are rumroed to like him. As for Manningham, not sure it's a first round need. Of course, the one question is who else, because the LB's are off here. The debate is whether or not there's secondary value in guys like Kenny Phillips, Antoine Cason, or Justin King, all of whom seem like debatable values. I'd probably go Phillips, even if it was considered a reach, considering they don't know what to expect at 63 on safeties.

              Comment


              • #8
                he still has stewart goign in front of mendenhall.

                didn't he say mendenhall is the #1 rb?

                Comment


                • #9
                  i dont see rivers going to the saints while clady is still on the board. but thats just me , and loomis picking bpa , he loves linemen

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Con View Post
                    he still has stewart goign in front of mendenhall.

                    didn't he say mendenhall is the #1 rb?
                    yes. But he also made clear that that's not necessarily the order in which they are selected. Just like Scott's rankings.

                    Sig by Fenikz

                    I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I could definitely buy Tampa having a look at Talib if he is available come draft day. He would be a perfect fit to Tampa's defense and could definitely be a future number 1 in it. I would however prefer DeSean.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GermanSaint View Post
                        i dont see rivers going to the saints while clady is still on the board. but thats just me , and loomis picking bpa , he loves linemen
                        Would they move Jamaal Brown back to RT in that situation?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Since when did Calais Campbell become a first rounder again? I thought the average to poor showing at his pro day was the final nail in the coffin for his stock.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MURPHMAN View Post
                            Since when did Calais Campbell become a first rounder again? I thought the average to poor showing at his pro day was the final nail in the coffin for his stock.
                            well he does still have the coache's tape to fall back on.

                            Sig by Fenikz

                            I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Would they move Jamaal Brown back to RT in that situation?
                              if clady turns out to be the real deal for LT , they would do it i think.
                              or they let him go next year and try backup zach strief on RT with bushrod at backup than.

                              we have a couple of big contracts comming the next years. jahri evans , marques colston , will smith , jammal brown the year after next.

                              he had a very lackluster season , so i can see an open battle this summer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information