Derrick Harvey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Harvey

NFL.com has him listed at 252 pounds, is this just a typo?

probably not...he's very lanky...he could be an outside linebacker in some defensive schemes....

Comment

Not sure what NFL.com is on about. The last measurement we have of Harvey came from Florida's pro day, where he came in at 269 lbs.

Comment

I really like Harvey more as a stand-up 3-4 OLB than as a 4-3 DE. I think he has much better quickness to excel in that kind of scheme and is very limited in a 4-3.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Judging from who was at his pro day, and whose been giving him the most attention, it seems like more teams that run a 4-3 are looking at him more so then 3-4 teams...Although I feel he could do both as well, jus seems like alot of teams are high on him as a 4-3 DE.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I like him as a 4-3 DE, more than a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Harvey is one of those guys who is fluid and quick enough that I'm pretty sure he could flourish in both schemes. The guy ran the linebacker drills better than some pure linebackers.

Comment

I don't have any hard proof but I believe both NYJ and NE are looking at Harvey as a "fallback" option at 6 and 7, should their preferred targets not be there.
                my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                  I don't have any hard proof but I believe both NYJ and NE are looking at Harvey as a "fallback" option at 6 and 7, should their preferred targets not be there.
                  If both Long and Gholston are gone, that's not impossible. Though it might be a bit of a reach, in my view.
                  TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                    Though it might be a bit of a reach, in my view.
                    Neither team really subscribes to the theory of reach. Remember NE took Richard Seymour at 6 overall, the day before Kiper had him going 21 overall.

They will take the guys they like that fit their system. Harvey appears to be able to do it all, relatively smart, football quick, plays well in big games, SEC competition, tough against the run, prototypical 3-4 OLB size... i don't see him falling as far as people believe he will.
                    my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

There's been rumors that the Pats love Harvey. That said, some of it might have to do with the close ties between Meyer and Belichick. That said, Harvey fits their style on the edge moreso than a guy like Groves does, IMO. I'm a fan of Harvey as a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        There's been rumors that the Pats love Harvey. That said, some of it might have to do with the close ties between Meyer and Belichick. That said, Harvey fits their style on the edge moreso than a guy like Groves does, IMO. I'm a fan of Harvey as a 3-4 OLB.
                        absolutely agree. i think harvey to the patriots makes alot of sense if gholston is not there at 7. the real question is whether the pats will pass rivers and a cb for harvey

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

I think Harvey is a better 4-3 kind of like Jevon. He looks to thin because he is lanky to play at Olb in the 4-3.

Comment

I might just be being optimistic but is there anyway he falls to the Vikes at 17? A few weeks ago it looked like he would for sure but now it's not looking so good. He'd just be the perfect fit for the defense in Minnesota and with Pat and Kevin Williams lining up beside him he'd never face a double team on the outside, and with those tackle you could put a kicker at D-end and not have to worry about stoping the run, Harvey would do just fine.
                            Skol Vikings!
                            Go Beavs!

Mad Props to JETS5128 for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                              hi toonster!!!!!

i can buy Harvey to the Patriots. But he is not as physically gifted as a ware or Merrimam. But he is a big strong guy that could come in and learn the system and be very productive
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information