Deadline given to Long by the Fins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadline given to Long by the Fins

SI.com's Peter King reports that the Dolphins have given Jake Long a deadline to agree to a contract that would make him the No. 1 overall pick.
    King says Long is the only player Miami has seriously negotiated with so far. If Long lets the deadline pass, the 'Fins are expected to turn their attention to Vernon Gholston. Long is seemingly at very little risk of falling out of the top three, so he has some leverage.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

Wow, pretty surprising. Nice find.

Comment

The only deadline is the one Jake Long is giving to the Dolphins to draft him, or watch St. Louis jump at drafting him and potentially paying him more. Give me a break, save the posing and having Parcells' little ***** King report it.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...t=20737&page=4

i already posted it at 11:40 over there....figured no one would notice. just shoulda started a new thread

Comment

I never seen it, Baron.

I thought they would start negotiating with Chris Long before Gholston?

Comment

Not buying that at all. They'll draft the best player not who they can give the best deal to.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
              I never seen it, Baron.

I thought they would start negotiating with Chris Long before Gholston?
              its chill dude. i debated for a while whether i should start a new thread or post it there.....i decided there and woops, oh well.

as long as the news got to the board is the important part

and to yatta: the guy they can get for the least amount of money probably IS the best guy in parcells mind....

Comment

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...eing-parcells/

just an interesting take on it from PFT. i know some people dont like what PFT does for whatever reason, but theyre one of the few media sources that actually touch on matters places like espn seem to ignore.....

anyway, my fav. part of that is how far will jake long fall if the dolphins dont take him.

lets say miami goes gholston....the rams jump on chris long......atlanta maybe, but they seem to be real set on dorsey. i kind of doubt oakland.....but thats possible.....and certainly the chiefs would take him.

so even if the deal the dolphins offer jake isnt great for a #1 overall pick, is it better than a #5 overall pick? i would wager yes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                  Not buying that at all. They'll draft the best player not who they can give the best deal to.
                  Not always the case. See Mario Williams over Reggie Bush in 2006. It came down to contracts.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                    Not always the case. See Mario Williams over Reggie Bush in 2006. It came down to contracts.
                    Bullcrap. It came down to Houston wanting Williams over Bush.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      so even if the deal the dolphins offer jake isnt great for a #1 overall pick, is it better than a #5 overall pick? i would wager yes.....
                      Keep in mind that last year #1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell got $61 million over 6 years and #5 overall pick Levi Brown got $62 million over 6 years. I think Long stands to come out of this draft with the largest contract regardless, and if Miami is offering less full value then he shouldn't feel required to take it.

Comment

Unless it just means something to him being the #1 pick or playing for Parcells, then I could see him take it...But this is a tad early to decide on a player isnt it? Guess its no big deal since they arent trading the pick, but I like when the suspense is built up all the way until the moment Miami is on the clock.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatta! View Post
                          Jake Long may not be the best player but he is by far the safest pick and he will probably be the cheapest. I think that Gholston is gonna want a ton of money if he were to be the top pick and the same with Ryan because he is a QB and he will want more than Russell got last year. If i were Parcells i would probably take the cheapest player too.

Comment

Getting ever so closer to Gholston becoming a 'Phin.....

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Does any think this is a smokescreen?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information