Question on Poz and Connor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Poz and Connor

every scouting site pretty much hailed dan connor as the superior prospect, yet he falls to the 3rd round. what happened?

he doesnt have very good coverage skills

Comment

Well people dont realize that he played with a hurt knee all year that limited his mobility. Connor is fine in coverage. He will end up being the biggest steal in this years draft.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
      Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Poz fell turned out to be a pretty good pick for the bills. Other players are just rated higher sometimes, go for need or sometimes more athletic player with potential which doesn't always workout.

Connor is probably be a good player getting it done week in and week out but won't be a difference maker.

Comment

well, seeing PSU football every chance i got.....

connor will be a solid player for many years. he's probably never going to have an urlacher/ray lewis type effect as a linebacker but he will be a consistant, solid tackling, great leader for years to come.

barring injury, i feel like he could be a 100+ tackle a season guy for the next decade or better. carolina got themselves a good one there

Comment

Nothing wrong with a solid MLB. I would rather have my impact players at DE, CB and Safety anyways.

Comment

Connor got bit by the "he's a white LB" bug.

The big difference between he and Poz, Poz is a bit more cerebral, Connor a bit more athletic and instinctive.

The better LB, though, is Sean Lee. However, who knows how well he'll recover from his ACL

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post

The big difference between he and Poz, Poz is a bit more cerebral, Connor a bit more athletic and instinctive.

The better LB, though, is Sean Lee. However, who knows how well he'll recover from his ACL
                well lets not forget, this isnt 30 years ago when that injury could be career ending. I think he'll come back fine

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post

I would have taken Connor before Curtis Lofton and Jordan Dizon(white guy) so not sure if he got bit by anything. Dont assume that NFL types are all that sharp.

Comment

its simple, 2 down linebackers always fall in the draft... and that is the biggest difference between him and Poz, Paul was considered to be atleast a good weakside linebacker coverage wise... if you were to put Dan at weakside in the nfl he would be exploited by opposing offenses.

I've said it for a while but i've always felt he's going to make a slighly above average to good MLB or even adequate strongside backer.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                      I would have taken Connor before Curtis Lofton and Jordan Dizon(white guy) so not sure if he got bit by anything. Dont assume that NFL types are all that sharp.
                      For the record, Dizon is Filipino Hawaiian

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        For the record, Dizon is Filipino Hawaiian
                        In that case Dan Connor did get screwed because he's white.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          In that case Dan Connor did get screwed because he's white.
                          I think there's enough good white LBs in the league to diminish the white argument. Running Back is whole other subject

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            I think there's enough good white LBs in the league to diminish the white argument. Running Back is whole other subject
                            brian leonard wall sort that out

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                              he doesnt have very good coverage skills
                              He has the about the same cover ability as Poz i'd say better he made more ints.

But i could be wrong I can't find the stats to verify this

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information