Small School watch list for 2008 season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small School watch list for 2008 season

Just wanted to start a thread that would detail some of the small schoolers to keep an eye on this coming season.

Here are some I will be keeping an eye on.

1. Dominique Johnson - CB - Jackson St. - 6'2" - 180lbs - If you are looking for the next DRC, Johnson might be that guy. Transfer from Missouri. He has great speed and ball skills. 5 INTs and 14 Pass Break ups as a junior. Track background. SWAC championship game MVP.

2. Ramses Barden - WR - Cal Poly - 6'6" 225lbs with legit 4.5-4.6 speed. He has good leaping ability and body control. 57 Catches 1467 Yards 18TD's 25.7 YPC as a Junior.

3. Rashad Jennings - RB - Liberty - 6'2" - 238lbs - With great speed for his size. Bruising between the tackles runner, with some breakaway ability. Not a lot of wiggle, but instinctive one cut and go runner. 1113yds 15TDs 5.8YPC in only 9 games as a junior. Also has good hands out of the backfield.

4. Jason Williams - OLB - Western Illinois - 6'1" - 235lbs - with reported sub 4.6 speed. Big hitter, with 106 tackles 8 Sacks and 16.5TFL as a Junior.

5. Bernard Scott - RB - Abilene Christian - 5'11" 190lbs - 4.4 speed with incredible numbers last year. 2165 Yards 35 TDs 8.6YPC. He has great vision and plenty of wiggle to go with break away speed.

6. Chris Reisert - QB - Ohio Dominican - 6'2" 210lbs - Holds many of the NAIA passing records for a career and season. Had arguably the best statistical season in the history of college football last year throwing for 5400yds and 54TDs while completing 70% of his passes. Good, not great arm, but great accuracy and leadership.
    Last edited by jnew76; 05-28-2008, 10:37 PM.

6. Chris Reisert - QB - Ohio Dominican - 6'2" 210lbs - Holds many of the NAIA passing records for a career and season. Had arguably the best statistical season in the history of college football last year throwing for 5400yds and 54TDs while completing 70% of his passes. Good, not great arm, but great accuracy and leadership.

Didnt know NAIA players could get drafted

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post

Didnt know NAIA players could get drafted
      They can be drafted. The last one I remember being drafted was Andy Stokes from William Penn by the Patriots. Mr. Irrelevant 2005.
      Last edited by jnew76; 05-28-2008, 11:01 PM.

Comment

why couldn't they be draft? i think the only restriction on who you can draft is the 3 years out of HS thing...

adrian macpherson was drafted out of the AFL i believe

Comment

Take a look at this thread, it's got quite a few small schoolers listed.
          http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=22484

Should be a great year for small school corners: Ladarius Webb, Darren Banks and Jackie Bates are all studs.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Ramses Barden and Ladarius Webb will be great.

Players can get drafted out of the NAIA. The last was Stokes, right on that jnew. The first NAIA to get invited to the combine was Shane Longest last year

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Jackie bates is defintley the best small school prospect from hampton
              transfer from U of O with lock down skills.

Comment

Tyler Roehl = Very Rich Man's Jacob Hester

Comment

i like rashad jennings. theres also another back herb donaldson from w illinois who i like as a small school mid late rd pick who could turn out to possibly be a decent back. 5 11 220 4.5-4.6 area. not an early rd stud but could be a decent later rd pickup. the only one i would say i didnt care for was the undersize qb from ohio dominican? ive never even heard of that one. anyway chance of that dude playing any signifigant role as an nfl qb id put at about 1000000-1. are you his friend?

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
                    Tyler Roehl = Very Rich Man's Jacob Hester
                    Hard to be a rich man's version of something that won a national title, lol

btw, thread necromancy ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      Hard to be a rich man's version of something that won a national title, lol

btw, thread necromancy ftw!
                      I guess that makes Peyton Manning a poor mans Tee Martin

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
                        I guess that makes Peyton Manning a poor mans Tee Martin
                        ....if peyton went to north dakota state yes.

Comment

Glad to see Dominique is your #1 guy....right now I have him as the #3 senior CB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Part of me still thinks Willie Williams will get a shot in the NFL even though he's at NAIA school Union College

Comment

Darrell Lloyd CB Northern Iowa

Remember the name, kids going to be a stud.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information