WR class of 09?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR class of 09?

Looking for some insight of this class of seniors and juniors(who could declare), haven't got to do as much homework about some guys so a few that I am curious about are:

Derrick Williams - So much potential coming out of HS, will it be the same when he declares?

The LSU WR's: Byrd and Lafell - Who is the go to guy, who has more pro potential out of the two? I really like Lafell's size and his athleticism, being a Houston, Tx guy I wouldn't mind Dallas looking his way.

Heyward-Bey - Outside of seeing him being placed high in mocks, I don't know much about him thus far, does he really look to be leading this bunch?

Any other insight on some guys who could possibly be 1st rounders and to keep an eye out for this upcoming season would help, need to know which crop of guys to keep my eye on outside of the obvious ones I've seen.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Williams is a senior this year. I think with a great season, he's 3rd round at best.

Comment

I kin haz Michael Crabtree? kthxbai

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        The LSU WR's: Byrd and Lafell - Who is the go to guy, who has more pro potential out of the two? I really like Lafell's size and his athleticism, being a Houston, Tx guy I wouldn't mind Dallas looking his way.
        LaFell has the measurables, but Byrd is the big play guy and the go to guy (see Auburn). Both are first round talents. Byrd is the field stretcher, speed guy. LaFell is more of a possession WR but has better than decent speed.

Comment

I am not a big fan of Brandon LaFell, he drops some passes and looks like he plays scared a lot. He has the talent, though. Byrd impressed me a lot when I saw him play last year, he looks like a great receiver who can catch the ball and make plays, he has good size and speed as well.

The quality of this class will depend a lot on if guys like Maclin, Crabtree, Heyward-Bey, and Harvin come out. Clemson's Aaron Kelly, Ohio State's Brian Robiskie, South Carolina's Kenny McKinley, and Rutgers' Kenny Britt are a few guys to watch for.

Comment

Watch LaFell pwn some Mississippi State player..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j38PbECO6d0

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post

I loved that play! Some douche bags tend to think it was a dirty helmet to helmet hit though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post

I was watching that game as it happened, almost felt bad for that kid lol...In slow motion it looked like a car accident.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  I am not a big fan of Brandon LaFell, he drops some passes and looks like he plays scared a lot. He has the talent, though. Byrd impressed me a lot when I saw him play last year, he looks like a great receiver who can catch the ball and make plays, he has good size and speed as well.
                  He does, but Bowe did as well. Maybe he needs Lasik surgery, who knows. But when he's focused he can do damage against good DB's.

7 catches for 125 yards against Va Tech.

Comment

know Jaison Williams!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Crabtree FTW.

Comment

I think everybody can agree that Crabtree is the best of the bunch right now, but since your curious....

Darrius Heyward-Bay: This guy has all the measurables to be a top wide receiver. Kinda hard to see his production in college though because he doesn't have a decent qb who can get him the ball. So a lot of what this guy is praised for is gonna go off his size at about 6'2, 205 and his 4.3 (maybe even a high 4.2) forty. Would love to see him with a better qb (and/or team) to see what kind of damage he can really do, but I don't see that happening.

Derrick Williams: Don't really see him being hyped up all that much in this draft. I see him having a similar problem as Heyward-Bay in that he's got good size and speed, but no quarterback. What will help him is that he can contribute as a kick returner. Still, I see this guy climbing to the second round, but more realistically being taken somewhere in the early third.

LSU - I like Demetrius Byrd better as a pro player, but I think they should both have comparable stats playing next to each other. I think a big part that could see their draft stocks rise is seeing which one can take up the slack that Early Doucet is leaving behind. I see both of them being 3-4 rounders.

I love Jeremy Maclin in this class, but I really don't see him outdoing Heyward-Bay or Crabtree. He's extremely fast and could be the fastest one coming out. His production last year was incredible, I just want to see if he can do it again.

I also love Percy Harvin. As a Florida fan, I've seen his big play potential ALL the time and he's a threat to score. He's a little undersized though and plays something like Steve Smith. But he won't even be alcohol-age by the time the draft rolls around.

Also, I'm keeping my eye on USC's Vidal Hazelton. I expect big things from him this year. He's got good size at 6'3, 205, but he's a bit slower than the top receivers. Still with a breakout season, I think Hazelton could be a wild card.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!

Comment

a few USC guys to watch out for; Patrick Turner, Vidal Hazelton, David Ausberry,
                          Last edited by tEk; 05-30-2008, 03:36 AM.

Hitman D

Comment

It might not be too much of a stretch to say that the two most promising wideouts are the redshirt sophomore's: Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin.

I like Darrius Heyward-Bey's speed, but I don't think I would take him before either of those two young wideouts unless he displays a lot more production. He is playing in a less wideout friendly situation than the two, but he's been pretty inconsistent throughout his college career.

A guy who intrigues me is Aaron Kelly of Clemson. He's skinny, but he's got great size and hands, and he put up very strong numbers last year. A bit Sidney Rice-esque without the character concerns (as far as I am aware).

Of course, there are a lot of names that could have big years and fly into the first day because of their physical ability. The class has no obvious top name (especially if the third year sophomores stay in school), so we just have to wait and see who goes out and posts a big year.
                            Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 05-30-2008, 04:56 AM.

Comment

I love love love Kenny Mckinley
                              Originally posted by 7-11
                              Originally posted by Renji
                              Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                              But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information