Colt McCoy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt McCoy

Where does this guy look as a prospect? I know he has a pretty funky throwing style, but he has the best name ever. What round do you think he'll go in?

probably late round, free agent.

Comment

fair enough. i haven't really watched him that much... is he just a bad qb in general?

Comment

he is short like 5-10 and he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
          he is short like 5-10 and he sucks.
          Or 6'3...

He had a sophomore slump, and that certainly dropped his stock. However if he can revert to his freshman playing style and stays until he graduates, he should go in the 2nd-3rd range, with a shot at 1st.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

it just doesn't seem like he has much confidence.

a shot at 1st is HIGHLY unlikely.

Comment

i would say mid to late round guy, he tried to force a lot of throws and the o-line didnt protect him very well last year

Comment

he still has 2 years to improve, a good junior yr, followed by a breakout-type senior year and he could possibly land in the 1st round. too early to really tell though.
                Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                  he still has 2 years to improve, a good junior yr, followed by a breakout-type senior year and he could possibly land in the 1st round. too early to really tell though.
                  yeah, but that's true for any quarterback.

Comment

He is fragile mentally and physically.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      yeah, but that's true for any quarterback.
                      exactly, which is why its tought to predict where a sophmore QB is gonna be drafted...there are exceptions, like if a QB had been lighting it up since his days as a true frosh, or if he red shirted. He had a pretty good freshman yr, had alot more turnovers soph year, but if he can eliminate some of those turnovers and progress, he could be a 2-3rd prospect.
                      Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                        Where does this guy look as a prospect? I know he has a pretty funky throwing style, but he has the best name ever. What round do you think he'll go in?
                        He has the second best name ever.. after Colt Brennan. LOL. JK.

I think McCoy is the 2nd best pro QB prospect in college football after Sam Bradford. ...and no I did not forget about Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford, or Chase Daniels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                          Or 6'3"
                          I think he is listed at that but I seriously doubt he's that tall. He looks like he's 6' or 6'1". I'd offer up my feelings on him but it would be seen as biased even if I did offer up a fair view.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

he's probably around 6'1 or 6'2. doesnt have a great arm. he's a pretty good athlete. good accuracy. usually poised in the pocket, but he can get rattled at times when theres consistent pressure. i think not having limas sweed really hurt him. texas WR's just arent up to par with the rest of the country IMO. i dont see him really projecting to get a whole lot better, but i think for the most part, he's a pretty solid guy. he's intelligent and he's got heart. i think if he has 2 good years, he's a 3rd rounder with possibility to move up to the 2nd if he measures out well.

Comment

Mid round prospect. He is a legit 6'2", not 5'10", has adequate arm strength. Seems to lose his composure in pressure packed games/situations. Never really seemed to be the same after injuring his neck in that K-State game his freshman year. Losing Sweed early in the season last year hurt him a ton. This year doesnt look to be much better for him talent wise unless one of the young guys at WR really steps up.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information