Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Defensive Players in this Year's Draft

Hey all,

I am a HUGE Bronco fan but am VERY concerned about our defense this year and years to come. Who do you believe are the best players (defensive) for this year's draft in each round. Particularly DL, LB's, and Safetys. I expect us to draft anywhere from 12 - 18 this year so please feel free to give your analysis. Oh and one more thing, please no small guys, I'm tired of our undersized defense.

Ok,
    Well how about some people inform me on some people to possibly fallow in that range this year during the college football season eh?

Comment

Click on "Rankings" at the top of this page, and Scott's early rankings are up there.

Comment

Well, the top CB (Macho Harris) and S (Kam Chancellor) both play for Virginia Tech..
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          Well, the top CB (Macho Harris) and S (Kam Chancellor) both play for Virginia Tech..
          I think he was asking a serious question.

Comment

And I gave a serious answer.
            Virginia Tech.

Comment

Here's the best overall players for the draft. Note that some won't be eligible for this year's draft, but are shoe-in first rounders in the future.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/

Comment

I would say a good number of those players will be drafted. And saying Chancellor doesn't have a chance to be the top S is ignorant, Macho has as good a chance to pass Jenkins as anyone else and right now is the number two CB.
                Virginia Tech.

Comment

I would say a good number of those players will be drafted. And saying Chancellor doesn't have a chance to be the top S is ignorant, Macho has as good a chance to pass Jenkins as anyone else and right now is the number two CB.
                  So first they are the best prospects and now they have a chance to be the best prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                    So first they are the best prospects and now they have a chance to be the best prospects?
                    First of all you take things too seriously and are coming off as an ass.

Second of all, everyone right now has a chance to be the best prospect. If I had to put money on it, I would say Chancellor will be the top safety in the class, if he is second then to William Moore. Macho will be the second CB drafted if I had to put money on it, drafted shortly after Malcolm Jenkins.

Third, Malcolm Jenkins has 'a chance' to not be drafted. You saying that makes you look ignorant. Me saying they will be the best prospect at their position for sure would be stupid, considering injury and bust happens all the time.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

The point of this thread (though stupid) was to list the best defensive players coming up for the 09 draft. Why are we discussing Chancellor and Harris?

The best players on D for this draft are Rey Maualuga, James Laurinatis, Michael Johnson, Fili Moala, George Selvie, Malcolm Jenkins... and a boat load of juniors with tons of potential

Comment

Moala is completely overrated.

And you all will see.
                        Virginia Tech.

Comment

First of all you take things too seriously and are coming off as an ass.

Second of all, everyone right now has a chance to be the best prospect. If I had to put money on it, I would say Chancellor will be the top safety in the class, if he is second then to William Moore. Macho will be the second CB drafted if I had to put money on it, drafted shortly after Malcolm Jenkins.

Third, Malcolm Jenkins has 'a chance' to not be drafted. You saying that makes you look ignorant. Me saying they will be the best prospect at their position for sure would be stupid, considering injury and bust happens all the time.
                          it's a little confusing when you say Harris is the best corner prospect, and then minutes later say he isn't. I'm just trying to figure out what you're really saying, which is difficult when you flip flop.

Comment

His (BamaFalcon) post seemed legitimate enough to me. I think both Chancellor and Harris could end up in the 12-18 range. It would not be unreasonable for either to be either the first, second, or third best prospect at their respective positions and considering McKelvin and DRC both went in the range last year and there has been an increase in the valuation of elite safeties (Huff and Whitner as top 10 picks in the same draft).

At this point it is a bit early to say for sure. Look at all of the guys who could be in the top 5 at their position and considering that order could change pending what happens in the season and the post-season and you could make a case for any one of thirty or so guys to be picked in that range (12-18).

Comment

Courtney Greene, game over
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information