Greg Middleton, JR, De, Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Middleton, JR, De, Indiana

First of all, I like this player a lot. Is there a chance he comes out? Could be play DE in a 34? Does he have a frame to buff up 15 pounds to play DE?

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    First of all, I like this player a lot. Is there a chance he comes out? Could be play DE in a 34? Does he have a frame to buff up 15 pounds to play DE?
    I think he could come out. At 6'3", 275, he's not quite big enough to play DE in a 3-4, in my opinion. If he does add weight, he can't lose much speed. There have been reports of him running anywhere from in the high 4.7s to the low 5.0s, and any 275-pound DE who runs a 5.04 in camp probably won't get many looks at 3-4 DE or OLB. With 16 sacks last year, he's definitely a productive player, but I see him as more of a strong side 4-3 DE at this weight.

Comment

he sounds like a LE to me.

unless he drops 10 lbs and stands up, but thats no guarantee.

Comment

4-3 LE all the way, not overly athletic but good enough to get the job done, he is technically sound and has an array of pass moves.

Comment

The #1 DE in the 2009 NFL Draft and should be a New York Giant!!!

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I actually liken him a lot to another big 10 end a couple years back in Tamba Hali. No reason he shouldn't be given a first round grade with another spectacular season at Indiana .

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              I actually liken him a lot to another big 10 end a couple years back in Tamba Hali. No reason he shouldn't be given a first round grade with another spectacular season at Indiana .
              That's a good comparison.

Comment

Middleton suspended for the season opener for breaking team rules
                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Middleton isn't strictly a LE prospect. Don't be surprised if a Cover 2 team drafts Middleton as a UT prospect next April. The guy has great strength for his size, and that's why he had so many sacks last season (not because of great moves, athleticism or speed). Personally, I think he is better suited as a cover 2 UT.
                  INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    That's a close comparison, but I think Middleton's skills are closer to Turk McBride. Middleton is basically Turk McBride with better pass rush skills (McBride is another DE prospect that I thought was better suited as a Cover 2 UT apparantly Herm doesn't agree.)
                    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information