• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Needs Posted

Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know I have posted my Team Needs feature:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Team-Needs.php

There will be a lot of changes with free agency coming up but that is how I see it now.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

What made you pick those three for Detroit? It really could have been anything but I would have thought defensive line definitely could've been there. In saying they went 0-16 so pretty anything's due an upgrade(except Megatron of course)

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I sent this to you in a message, but I should have known you would make a thread about this. I'll post it here annyway:

You missed one by not listing OT as one of the Falcon's needs. Todd Weiner just retired, leaving the Falcons with a depth chart of Sam Baker at LT(who missed a number of games last year with a concussion and back issues), Tyson Clabo(who the Falcons actually list as a guard and who is listed on their depth chart as a backup guard as well), Quinn Ojinnaka and Wayne Gandy(who they signed off the street in the middle of last season in a pinch). A team that just aquired a young franchise QB should try to have a better situation at OT then that. A big reason the Falcons lost the game to Arizona in the playoffs was because the Cardinal's DE's sacked Ryan 3 times, pressured him all game, and the Falcons OT's had a few bad penalties called on them. The Falcons OT's played terrible in that game, and that was before Weiner retired. I would argue OT as the Falcon's biggest need.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/People...son_Clabo.aspx
      http://www.atlantafalcons.com/People...pth_Chart.aspx

Comment

Nice try, but you have the Raiders needs wrong(not surprised)

1. Offensive Tackle
        2. Wide Receiver
        3. DE,DT or outside linebacker

We don't need defensive backs Chris Johnson statistically was a top 10 cb last season. Plus we drafted Tyvon Branch to play Free safety. In reality we have at least 4 starting caliber DB's hence the 9th Ranked pass defense:
        1. Stanford Routt
        2. Gibril Wilson
        3. Nnamdi Asomugha
        4. Chris Johnson

And the main reason the Wide Receiver looked so bad is because we have the 31st sacks per pass ratio in the NFL. Which is a clear sign the offensive line is bigger problem than the WR. Not too mention we started a first year starter at QB.
        http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
        Last edited by RaiderFan; 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Offensive tackle and center are MUCH bigger needs for the Bengals over a running back. I would even put strong side linebacker over running back.

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
            Offensive tackle and center are MUCH bigger needs for the Bengals over a running back. I would even put strong side linebacker over running back.
            If the Bengals had to play a game right now today with guys currently under contract who is their starting running back?
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              If the Bengals had to play a game right now today with guys currently under contract who is their starting running back?
              Chris Perry or Kenny Watson I would guess

Who would be the starting center and right tackle right now? Kyle Cook and Dennis Roland.

Good thing there is a free agency and draft
              Last edited by AkiliSmith; 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Scott,

Regarding the Titans' team needs, I'd say that CB is probably need #1.

Based on pure talent (or the lack thereof), I would say that WR is need #1, but the Titans just don't value the position -- and see it as too much of a risk to address via high-priced FA or early draft pick. Personally, I can't blame them. Take a look at the well-known FA WRs that Fisher brought in over his time -- Carl Pickens, Yancey Thigpen, David Givens, etc. All of them busted BADLY with the Titans. Take a look at the early WRs that Fisher has drafted -- Kevin Dyson, Tyrone Calico, Joey Kent, etc. Ouch! Even worse than the previous list.

My reason for suggesting that CB is the #1 need is two-fold: 1) Team emphasis on the position (whereas the Titans' front-office doesn't care about the WR position, they care very much about their pass defense) & 2) Lack of depth.

Cortland Finnegan is a very good, very physical CB. However, Nick Harper is getting old, has had nagging injuries, and (still) isn't a great fit for most of the man-to-man coverage schemes. While filling in for Nick Harper this past year, Chris Carr proved that he definitely shouldn't be a starting CB for an extended period of time. Eric King is a free-agent, and even if he's brought back, he's more of a nickel CB guy. Vincent Fuller (who's also a FA, I think) is a safety/nickel hybrid -- not a starter.

All the positions that you listed (WR, MLB, and DT) are needs, along with a reliable power-RB, a long-term QB solution, etc.; however, they don't measure up to the immediate need at CB. I think most true Titans' fans would agree with this sentiment.

I'd rank them:
                1. CB
                2. DL (either DE or DT)
                3. WR

Just my $.02...

Comment

Chris Perry or Kenny Watson I would guess

Who would be the starting center and right tackle right now? Kyle Cook and Dennis Roland.

Good thing there is a free agency and draft
                  Chris Perry is a free agent too. So right now Cincy's RB's are Kenny Watson and DeDe Dorsey.

Center is a need as well, nobody is disputing that.
                  Scott Wright, President
                  Draft Countdown.com
                  www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Chris Perry is a free agent too. So right now Cincy's RB's are Kenny Watson and DeDe Dorsey.

Center is a need as well, nobody is disputing that.
                    Perry is signed through 2010. Dorsey is the one that is a free agent.

I'm disputing that center and tackle are bigger needs than a running back. I agree running back is a need, but the Bengals have indicated re-signing Benson is their top priority, so what they need is a compliment to Benson, and I don't see that as the #1 need.

Comment

You got the Saints just right. Good job. Number 4 on the list I think would be offensive tackle because of Jon Stinchcomb being a free agent.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Perfect with the Packers' assessment

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Perry is signed through 2010. Dorsey is the one that is a free agent.

I'm disputing that center and tackle are bigger needs than a running back. I agree running back is a need, but the Bengals have indicated re-signing Benson is their top priority, so what they need is a compliment to Benson, and I don't see that as the #1 need.
                          Perry is listed as a free agent on my list but by all means go ahead with him again... :)

As I noted in the feature they want to re-sign Cedric Benson but the Titans want to re-sign Albert Haynesworth too, that doesn't guarantee it's going to happen.

If and when the Bengals sign Benson running back will drop off the list all together but as of now that is a huge glaring need for them.
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Cle:
                            1A-OLB

1B-ILB

3-CB

4-RB

:)

Comment

Perry is listed as a free agent on my list but by all means go ahead with him again... :)

As I noted in the feature they want to re-sign Cedric Benson but the Titans want to re-sign Albert Haynesworth too, that doesn't guarantee it's going to happen.

If and when the Bengals sign Benson running back will drop off the list all together but as of now that is a huge glaring need for them.
                              Fair enough

Although I think Benson will be a little easier and cheaper to re-sign than Haynesworth... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information