Darrius Heyward-Bey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrius Heyward-Bey

Do you guys think this guy would be a good choice for the NYJ at pick #17?? We could really use a play maker at WR, no one respects our downfield attack right now. Teams stack the box against us, we need a guy that can stretch the field.

Also do you see Heyward-Bey being a #1 target in the NFL, a 1,000+ yard WR? Or is he a #2 type guy?

From what I see he looks like a nice prospect. He has nice size to him, got strong hands, catches with his hands, extremely fast. His routes probably his problem, but thats teachable IMO. You can't teach speed, you either have that god given speed or you don't.

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
    Do you guys think this guy would be a good choice for the NYJ at pick #17?? We could really use a play maker at WR, no one respects our downfield attack right now. Teams stack the box against us, we need a guy that can stretch the field.

Also do you see Heyward-Bey being a #1 target in the NFL, a 1,000+ yard WR? Or is he a #2 type guy?

From what I see he looks like a nice prospect. He has nice size to him, got strong hands, catches with his hands, extremely fast. His routes probably his problem, but thats teachable IMO. You can't teach speed, you either have that god given speed or you don't.
    Honestly I don't think he'll be there at 17 not after running a 4.3 40. I'm going to be VERY bold and say he might just jump Crabs b/c of Crab's stress fracture and the unknown that is his 40 time.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

When it comes to WR's you don't want to get carried away with the guys who run exceptional 40 times, that doesn't always translate...That said, DHB looks great to me, I love the way he runs with the ball in his hands, and he just looks like a natural athlete, 'smooth' is what I would describe his game as, very fluid natural runner.

He's raw at WR so there will be a learning curve, but the sky is the limit for him, he's not as refined as someone like Nicks or Robiske at WR but teams fall in love with speed...I love him as a prospect, I think if he gets coached up he can dominate, but you shouldn't expect him to step in immediately and be an impact player, it's possible but I wouldn't expect it or draft him with those intentions.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

DHB is far in away the best vertical threat in the draft, probably the best vertical threat since CJ. People nag on his hands but that's untrue. He grabs balls out of the air with his hands. The problem with him is that he was in an offense which never threw the ball. He is a raw intermediate route runner. Really there is no way to tell at this point how good he is at working it in the middle.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

watch the gauntlet highlights of his on nfl.com and tell me he doesnt have great hands. no drops and each catch is at the point of attack with his hands in front of his body. he was always making acrobatic catches at md because or qbs sucked.

Comment

He has the potential to be an elite downfield threat.
            Originally posted by 49erNation85
            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

I think it would make sense for the Jets. Let him develop for a year then cut Coles and let him slide into his role.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                Honestly I don't think he'll be there at 17 not after running a 4.3 40. I'm going to be VERY bold and say he might just jump Crabs b/c of Crab's stress fracture and the unknown that is his 40 time.
                Not sure the 40 makes his stock go up that much. If he showed nice hands and ran nice routes I can see that raising his stock, but everybody already knew he was fast.

I think he's a very solid fit for the Jets if he's on the board at 17.

Comment

He's the best deep threat in this draft and everybody knew he was going to blow up the 40. He might be able to run a high 4.2 if he runs at his pro day. There's some major consistency issues and even though he was blatantly underutilized, you have to wonder why that is. With that said, his size/speed combo is untouchable in this draft as far as wide receivers go. He's great on the deep ball as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

He sucks no one should get him!!!!!!!!
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

With the Jets he wouldn't have to start right away, we have Cotchery and Coles. Coles is guaranteed to be on the team this year because he is guaranteed his money, we save nothing by him being cut so there is no point. He would be used as our deep threat mostly as a rookie and let him develop his overall game. But he would have a impact for the fact he can create big plays. He has quickness to him also, the more I watch him the more I'm falling in love with this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                        I second this, the only team he would make it with is the Titans! ;)
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

I've seen a lot of MAryland football games, and DHB isn't half the receiver Crabtree is. He's got great tools, but in terms of route running, finding soft spots in zones, setting up his man with double moves, technique wise he's very raw.

Because of his size/speed, DHB simply by being on the field will open up underneath routes whenever he goes long, but I'd say it would be 2-3 years before he becomes a consistent pro bowl quality WR.

All in all, I'd invest a 1st round pick on him because of his upside, but he's far from polished. Yes, he does catch the ball well and the Terps had big problems throwing the ball when he was there, but don't think he's going to come into the league and be Randy Moss/ Larry Fitzgerald/TO any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
                            I've seen a lot of MAryland football games, and DHB isn't half the receiver Crabtree is. He's got great tools, but in terms of route running, finding soft spots in zones, setting up his man with double moves, technique wise he's very raw.

Because of his size/speed, DHB simply by being on the field will open up underneath routes whenever he goes long, but I'd say it would be 2-3 years before he becomes a consistent pro bowl quality WR.

All in all, I'd invest a 1st round pick on him because of his upside, but he's far from polished. Yes, he does catch the ball well and the Terps had big problems throwing the ball when he was there, but don't think he's going to come into the league and be Randy Moss/ Larry Fitzgerald/TO any time soon.
                            1-2% of receivers step in day one and are stars.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                              Tell that to the teams with the first 17 picks. I hope the Bears pick him at #18. He's been my #2 WR.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information