Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The deal with Maualuga?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The deal with Maualuga?

    Whats going on him with him fellas?

    An SI reporter said that some scouts were concerned about his decision making the last two months and some are concerned for his "well being"?

    The hell is going on with him if anyone really knows?

    Or is this all a smokescreen to get him to fall to a middle of the pack team??

  • #2
    What decision making? Well being? What has he done but play very good in the Senior Bowl and show up to the Combine ready to workout?

    Link if your going to post comments like these.

    Comment


    • #3
      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

      To answer the OPs orgininal question I'm not sure. I don't think it's a smoke screen but I'm not sure exactly what has changed the minds of NFL scouts about Rey.
      10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Solomon View Post
        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

        To answer the OPs orgininal question I'm not sure. I don't think it's a smoke screen but I'm not sure exactly what has changed the minds of NFL scouts about Rey.
        OMG! Thats speculation, he doesn't support his finding with any one incident, so how is that in any way related to his decision making. What decisions? This is another idiot SI football moron. They are worse then ESPN. I mean seriously, they have Peter King as their end be all of football knowledge.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
          What decision making? Well being? What has he done but play very good in the Senior Bowl and show up to the Combine ready to workout?

          Link if your going to post comments like these.




          This good enough for ya guy?


          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
            OMG! Thats speculation, he doesn't support his finding with any one incident, so how is that in any way related to his decision making. What decisions? This is another idiot SI football moron. They are worse then ESPN. I mean seriously, they have Peter King as their end be all of football knowledge.
            Well, a lot of those "risers and fallers" articles are probably based on information fed to media outlets by scouts. You go up to a handful of scouts ask them "Who do you think helped themselves the most this weekend? Who do you think hurt themselves the most?". Then take the list of names, and try to come up with some reason why.

            Maualuga may still be high on some boards, but he definitely is on the "notable players who slid" list for the offseason so far.

            Personally, I disagree with the article greatly on Brown. I think Brown's stock took a big hit yesterday, at least as far as I'm concerned.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dark Knight01 View Post
              Nobody credible has considered Rey a Top 10 pick for a while now. ...well beyond the last 2 months. SI analysts must be reading thier own ****.

              He's in the 15-25 range... and he'll be a better LB than AJ Hawk.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                He's in the 15-25 range... and he'll be a better LB than AJ Hawk.
                It's weird to predict the relative qualities of the careers for a guy who has about 9 years left in his career versus a guy who has about 12 years left in his career.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Before every draft if you pay close attention, "rumors" about certain players arise that bring up questions whether they should be drafted where they're projected to go.

                  Several NFL teams want Maualuga so they can DRAFT him!!

                  WHen you find out what scouts are saying about Rey, look and see where their teams are slotted in the draft.

                  It similar to talking down a stock to lower its price so you can by up outstanding shares for a discount.

                  Maualuga may not win a 100 meter dash any time soon, but he's still a top 2 prospect at MLB.
                  Last edited by parrish_lemar24DBSkins; 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In the near future, people will be looking at more Polynesian LBs and be asking... Where can I find the next Rey Maualuga?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      In the near future, people will be looking at more Polynesian LBs and be asking... Where can I find the next Rey Maualuga?
                      I don't really think Maualuga is a trend setter by any stretch. Seau was Polynesian, wasn't he?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
                        Before every draft if you pay close attention, "rumors" about certain players arise that bring up questions whether they should be drafted where they're projected to go.

                        Several NFL teams want Maualuga so they can DRAFT him!!

                        WHen you find out what scouts are saying about Rey, look and see where their teams are slotted in the draft.

                        It similar to talking down a stock to lower its price so you by up outstanding shares for a discount.

                        Maualuga may not win a 100 meter dash any time soon, but he's still a top 2 prospect at MLB.




                        Exactly!

                        It's called SMOKSCREENS and it's certainly that time of year for them to start happening.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Nobody credible has considered Rey a Top 10 pick for a while now. ...well beyond the last 2 months. SI analysts must be reading thier own ****.

                          He's in the 15-25 range... and he'll be a better LB than AJ Hawk.



                          ^^Interesting how he will be in the 15-20 range and fall to a supposed better football team?

                          What a coincidence! LOL....I see the Broncos picking him or a RB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                            I don't really think Maualuga is a trend setter by any stretch. Seau was Polynesian, wasn't he?
                            True. Seau was a pioneer. ...and I don't know if Rey can be that good either.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Nobody credible has considered Rey a Top 10 pick for a while now. ...well beyond the last 2 months. SI analysts must be reading thier own ****.

                              He's in the 15-25 range... and he'll be a better LB than AJ Hawk.
                              Thats my point, SI is a joke. Nobody has considered Rey a top 10 pick. The only way that would have happened is if he would have run a 4.5 40 and benched 35+ times. But we knew that wasn't happening.

                              My point is that SI is a joke, they are worse then ESPN, and we all know how bad ESPN is. Peter King is the only name I have to say and you can see why they are so poor at their NFL news and topics. The guy is the worst of the worst. He's like a shock jock that rights. His name even sucks.

                              Plus SI killed my favorite fan site, so they can kiss my ass.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information