Say goodbye to Curry at #3...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say goodbye to Curry at #3...

Now that the Chiefs have picked up Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel for a 2nd rnd pick that eliminates their need for a QB, so I don't see any way that they pass on Curry. I suppose theres always the possibility that they go another route, like Crabtree, but IMO Curry will be the best value and will be too good to pass on. Sucks too because I was really hoping he would fall to my boys (the Browns) at #5.

Great analysis. A+++. Would read again.

Their options are still open between Curry, Crabtree, and others. The Cassel trade just means that they won't draft Stafford if he fell to them. That is it.
    Last edited by d34ng3l021; 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I was 90% sure reading the title that this was going to be about some god forsaken reason why the Chiefs WONT go Curry at #3 and I was prepared to ridicule.....

They were never going to go QB at #3 anyway unless it was Stafford falling.

Comment

Think again. Aaron Curry should be off the board before #3. Detroit is soooo god awful bad they need to look at best player regardless of position and his name is Aaron Curry....if not then St. Louis. Aaron Curry is far and away the best player in the draft and those two teams can't afford to pass on him.

Comment

I actually see Curry at 2 for the Rams, they signed Brown that took away a HUGE offensive need, and they missed on Bart Scott. They can always look at Britton/Meredith/Beatty in round 2.
          Patriots Draft 2015
          1. CB - Marcus Peters
          2. WR - Sammie Coates
          3. RB - David Johnson
          3. DT - Angelo Blackson
          4. OG - Tre Jackson
          4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
          5. LB - Ben Heeney
          6. TE - Wes Saxton
          7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

I highly doubt that Scott Pioli views Aaron Curry as a 3-4 WILL LB. If Pioli is going to run anything similar to what he has been scouting for in New England, Curry would be a tremendous 3-4 MIKE but their value isn't nearly as high. Patrick Willis went 11th overall.

Who knows, Pioli could surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
              I actually see Curry at 2 for the Rams, they signed Brown that took away a HUGE offensive need, and they missed on Bart Scott. They can always look at Britton/Meredith/Beatty in round 2.
              Yes, I think that Curry will go @ 2 to the Rams.

Think about it, they have a new defensive coach, and they already have some tackles there. Curry will be the BPA, and the Rams will not pass on him.

Sorry Chiefs...

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                I highly doubt that Scott Pioli views Aaron Curry as a 3-4 WILL LB. If Pioli is going to run anything similar to what he has been scouting for in New England, Curry would be a tremendous 3-4 MIKE but their value isn't nearly as high. Patrick Willis went 11th overall.

Who knows, Pioli could surprise me.
                Different draft, 07 was a draft with excellent prospects like Clavin Johnson, Gaines Adams, Joe Thomas, Laron Landry, and Adrian Peterson, Willis was the #1 LB but not the near the #1 prospect although he was an excellent one.

IMO Aaron Curry is the best prospect of this draft, no that does not mean I think he is a better prospect than Willis was, that just goes to show that this draft is not a very strong one.

The top 3 prospects in this draft have to be

Curry
                Crabtree
                and it is a fight between John Stafford/Jason Smith.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

If Rams do go Curry and Lions go Jason Smith

Where does that leve the Chiefs?
                  Patriots Draft 2015
                  1. CB - Marcus Peters
                  2. WR - Sammie Coates
                  3. RB - David Johnson
                  3. DT - Angelo Blackson
                  4. OG - Tre Jackson
                  4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
                  5. LB - Ben Heeney
                  6. TE - Wes Saxton
                  7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Originally posted by RWills View Post
                    If Rams do go Curry and Lions go Jason Smith

Where does that leve the Chiefs?
                    Beasttree.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Gonzalez
                      Bowe
                      Crabtree

as options for Cassell would look great on paper

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                        Different draft, 07 was a draft with excellent prospects like Clavin Johnson, Gaines Adams, Joe Thomas, Laron Landry, and Adrian Peterson, Willis was the #1 LB but not the near the #1 prospect although he was an excellent one.

IMO Aaron Curry is the best prospect of this draft, no that does not mean I think he is a better prospect than Willis was, that just goes to show that this draft is not a very strong one.

The top 3 prospects in this draft have to be

Curry
                        Crabtree
                        and it is a fight between John Stafford/Jason Smith.
                        I don't disagree. I just strongly believe that his value is much higher as a 4-3 OLB than as a 3-4 ILB.

Comment

If I was them I would take Orakpo....they couldn't get sacks last year

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Raji to KC. Mark it down.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I have just decided that whatever Pioli decides to do is probably best for the team.
                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information