No announcement yet.

Jason Phillips has torn meniscus in left knee

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Phillips has torn meniscus in left knee

TCU linebacker Jason Phillips revealed Friday that he has a torn ACL in his left knee.

Phillips, rated the third best inside linebacker prospect by NFL Network's Mike Mayock, believes he suffered the injury at the Combine last month.
    Really tough break for Jason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^ (the man)

thats really not good for him, will drop him down to the 6th or 7th round, maybe even undrafted

Pretty lame news.

Thats a burn....worst possible time for that to happen to anyone.

That sucks pretty bad.

could be a great UDFA pick up!
            my scent? making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              could be a great UDFA pick up!
              Sign him, stash him on IR right away, have him for next year I suppose.

wow that sucks.

im sure he'll be a productive player some team smart enough to sign him, but what a bummer.
                I want a sig.

I bet a few teams with compensatory 7th round picks might spend one of him. The question is, who might risk a 6th on him.

Sucky news. He was one of my favorite LB prospects. Erin Henderson pt. 2 here we come.

sig by BoneKrusher

I really liked him. That's too bad.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

God damn Mayock messed up but, that's actually a good thing.

Updating a previous item, TCU inside linebacker Jason Phillips suffered a torn left meniscus -- not a torn ACL.

Phillips will be on crutches for eight weeks with another four weeks of rehab. Though he'll miss minicamps, he should be healthy in time for training camp. Phillips was impressive at the Combine before suffering the injury.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

(the man)
                        KO KNOWS

Good news M.O.T.H.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                          2015 2K Classic Champions

Man, words wouldn't explain how pissed I'd be if they misreported an injury that significant about me in that situation.

RIP ST

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Sucky news. He was one of my favorite LB prospects. Erin Henderson pt. 2 here we come.
                              I thought Erin Henderson just didn't have an ACL. Something crazy like that. Jack Ikegwounu was drafted after a torn ACL in the fourth a year ago. I thought Henderson's was something a bit crazier.

The meniscus tear is good news for his stock. This doesn't help Jason Phillips though, who will likely be looking at a 5th-7th slot instead of 3rd-4th any more. Tough break for Phillips, as he will no longer be able to privately work out for teams, but it's no Brian Mandeville story. Still a very draftable prospect that should be plenty ready for training camp or at the worst, preseason.
                              Last edited by ThePudge; 03-06-2009, 07:00 PM.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:

Debug Information