3/9 - Mock Draft Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/9 - Mock Draft Updated!

I am happy to announce that the updated mock draft is now live.

I apologize for the long delay between updates but since it's basically a two full day project and it just wouldn't have made sense to put one out any sooner because teams needs were, and in some cases still are, changing on a daily basis.

As always discussion and constructive criticism are welcomed but please be sure to state the reasons behind your opinions. Let's try to keep this thread informative!

So without further adieu, here it is:

http://www.draftcountdown.com

Note: If each page isn't dated "March 9" at the top you will need to refresh your broswer.
    Last edited by Scott Wright; 03-09-2009, 04:01 PM.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Maybin is too high after his combine performance, IMO.

I also think you're underestimating who Stafford's agent is. I can't see the Lions selecting a player they don't have a deal with before the draft.

As for the Bears - I like Oher, but DHB makes sense and it would probably be the pick.

Comment

Derrick Williams needs to run 4.45 or better at his pro day, which I believe is next week, for that to happen.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Nice work Scott. Great stuff keep it coming.

I still think that the Raiders would take Crabtree in the scenario in your mock. I think his ability to catch rockets from Russell and go up and get jump balls and contested passes would help Russell more than Maclin.

Dont know if Davis will agree but just how I see it.
        Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
        Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Looks really good from what I saw, some interesting picks. Luckily I was able to type up my own two-round mock before you so it didn't look like I stole any of your picks. =P

I am happy with the Patriots draft. As I said in the other one, I would prefer all-defense (Jarron Gilbert to Brian Robiskie), but Brian is one of my favorite wide receiver prospects and I would still be happy with three out of four. Great work!

Comment

I'll have to wait 'til Missouri's second pro day (Mar.19) before I can get a better feel for where Maclin's true value stands. If he can somehow crack a sub 4.4 time it will then make him a legit possibility to Oakland. Scott, you just may be ahead of the curve here ...

Comment

Nice Rams draft baby!!

I don't understand why you have Pat White going in round 2. Haven't you been saying the guy is overrated and is more of a 4th-5th round pick?

Comment

That is one of the best Pats mocks I have seen this year. You hit our top 3 positions of need (CB, S, LB) with some of my favorite prosects at those positions (Byrd, Delmas, and Sintim). I especailly love the Jairus Byrd pick, he is one of my favorite prospects this year.

The focus has to be on defense, and as ROP said I would love all 4 picks to be one defense but now we have a need for another receiver and Robiskie would be a great addition.

Comment

I agree 100% with you on how you think the top 6 picks will unfold. I have Crabtree and Maclin flipflopped from how you have them going though, and I think Green Bay goes with Raji over Brown personally. Good job on the mockage though, I can see anything you said there happening.

I don't see Cleveland taking a tight end though despite them looking at Cook. They'll probably look for LBs, RBs, Cs, Ss, WRs, and CBs before they consider a TE.
                  Last edited by keylime_5; 03-09-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I agree that Malcolm Jenkins could slip to New Orleans at 14, but I find it inconceivable given his impressive combine (moreso than Jenkins), higher potential that Vontae Davis slips past the Patriots at 23. You can make a case for 16-20 passing, but Philadelphia isn't gonna pass up that kind of value even though they have Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel on board, besides.

But i'll give you that Philadelphia could feasibly pass but Minnesota is going to pass on a Top 10 talent that is also a need for in favor of reaching for Eben Britton? T

And then Clint Sintim? He'll definitely be available at 33 unless the NYG take him and he might even be available at our San Diego Pick at 49.

Then he slips Atlanta and Miami who also have serious secondary problems as seen by their embarassing playoff losses. Miami made Derek Mason look 10 years younger. Thank god Anquan Boldin got injured in that Atlanta game or else they might have had to exercise the mercy rule.

You obviously know more about this stuff than me, but I just find this baffling and would be curious to hear the reasoning behind it because there must be something I don't know about Vontae Davis. I get the whole character, immaturity thing, but late 1st round with those teams ahead who are practically salivating for a young shutdown corner

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                      I don't understand why you have Pat White going in round 2. Haven't you been saying the guy is overrated and is more of a 4th-5th round pick?
                      These mocks are indicative of what I would do, but rather what I think will happen.
                      Scott Wright, President
                      Draft Countdown.com
                      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Good job, Scott! For the Skins Tyson Jackson is a possibility but personally I would prefer Oher.
                        Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                          I'll have to wait 'til Missouri's second pro day (Mar.19) before I can get a better feel for where Maclin's true value stands. If he can somehow crack a sub 4.4 time it will then make him a legit possibility to Oakland. Scott, you just may be ahead of the curve here ...
                          I promise you Maclin will crack 4.4 at his Pro Day. Maybe even low-4.3
                          Scott Wright, President
                          Draft Countdown.com
                          www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                            Maybin is too high after his combine performance, IMO.

I also think you're underestimating who Stafford's agent is. I can't see the Lions selecting a player they don't have a deal with before the draft.

As for the Bears - I like Oher, but DHB makes sense and it would probably be the pick.
                            Good point about Stafford, but I think they'll take him anyway personally. Maybin sounds like he's viewed as a top 15 pick by most teams despite us draftnik's souring on him, and Buffalo is a real good fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              These mocks are indicative of what I would do, but rather what I think will happen.
                              Ah, that makes sense.

As for you having Maclin being the 1st Receiver taken, just brilliant! Maybe 5 spots higher? ;)
                              Last edited by holt_bruce81; 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information