Andre Smith struggles at Alabama pro day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Smith struggles at Alabama pro day

Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith didn’t perform well at his Pro Day workout today in front of the entire league after creating a stir by leaving the NFL scouting combine early last month. One league source told us: “He bombed.”

According to NFL.com, Smith was not “overly impressive.” His top 40-yard dash time was 5.28 seconds and he bench pressed 225 pounds just 19 times.

According to our league source, Smith ran with no shirt on and was visibly overweight. With a group of trainers urging him on to run faster, Smith had a generally rough day.

I don't want him on the raiders now... too many question marks
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

40 time doesnt mean much for an o.t. and 19 reps on the bench isnt horrible.

still clearly the #1 o.t. in the draft imho.

Comment

Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post

yeah... are you Papa Smith? cause this guy is maybe the #1 guard in the draft.
        my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Comment

his weight is mostly fat because he is a slob
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

ahhaha, looks like the extra 2 weeks didnt help. What was he doing all this time? Sitting around eating bags of chips. I guess he figured he could just show up and play and if he sucks well at least he got a **** load of guaranteed money.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
              ahhaha, looks like the extra 2 weeks didnt help. What was he doing all this time? Sitting around eating bags of chips. I guess he figured he could just show up and play and if he sucks well at least he got a **** load of guaranteed money.
              Well he lost 15 pounds off of his playing weight so he must have did something

Comment

I've been saying that the whole time.

Originally posted by bitonti View Post
                He's Shawn Andrews #2, and that isn't a bad thing.
                Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

40 time doesnt mean much for an o.t. and 19 reps on the bench isnt horrible.

I agree with him.

Talent-wise he's the best.

Who cares about his speed and muscular endurance?

5.28 is BAD for a gigantic mauling OL? lol
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

He ran with his shirt off? Did he seriously think that would impress scouts, watching his big belly and man titties flop all over the place?

Comment

Originally posted by bitonti View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-EZ6TOWyw

dominated in the best conference in college football for the last 3 years...had the seond longest arms and the draft and for anybody questioning his agility and quickness chew on this.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...dre+smith&aq=f

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-EZ6TOWyw

dominated in the best conference in college football for the last 3 years...had the seond longest arms and the draft and for anybody questioning his agility and quickness chew on this.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...dre+smith&aq=f
                        I think you were trying to show his touchdown catch with the second clip? Not sure... but yea- he caught a screen and ran for a touchdown lol it was pretty funny.

Anyway, Smith has the Ogden-trait in that if gets inside your pads you aren't going anywhere. The 19-reps measures muscular endurance, not strength.

He's way too good to play inside. I could maybe see him as a RT early in his career, but he's got fine footwork, excellent HANDS (overlooked in OL evaluation), and great balance for such a powerful mauler. Will he struggle somewhat with speed rushers? Sure. But who doesn't?

The problem with Smith is this "leaving the combine" stuff. Extremely weird IMO. As a strictly on-the-field player, however, he's the top OT and I would argue the third best talent in the draft behind Crab and Curry.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          I agree with him.

Talent-wise he's the best.

Who cares about his speed and muscular endurance?

5.28 is BAD for a gigantic mauling OL? lol
                          I would question whether he's the best talent wise. There is just too much baggage with this guy. He becomes a bargain later in the 1st round but i wouldnt be putting any big money into this guy, too risky.

Comment

Any chance he slips to the Cowboys at 51? :)

Comment

How long are his arms and how big are his hands and what was his time in the short shuttle and 10 yard split?? How much did he weigh in at and how tall was he?

Or is everyone just concentrating on his bench?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information