Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Wells Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Wells Pro Day

    40 yd dash = 4.39 first attempt
    4.38 second attempt

    Being that it is a Pro Day, it should be noted that they are on a fast track.

    However, as a point of reference: Brian Hartline, Brian Robiskie, & Malcolm Jenkins were ALL in the 4.49 to 4.54 range.

    I'm going to venture to say that Beanie's 40 time might be somewhere between his pro day and his combine times.......maybe a 4.5 flat. You watch his game film and he certainly plays a hell of a lot faster than 4.55, since he continually ran away from DB's on numerous long runs in games (including the secondary of LSU in the 2007 National Title game).


    Not using his 40 as a point to validate his talent, but honestly Ive watched a lot of both Beanie and Knowshon. It is absolutely ludacris to me that ANYONE thinks Moreno is better than Beanie. Moreno is a GREAT back, but Beanie absolutely defined the term "Dominant" in every single way. Beanie played at a high level against all competition (you can make a point that he played at a higher level in bigger games) and he played on an offense that was one dimensional and centered around his talent (not to mention his O-line had a really sub-par year in 2008). I wouldn't falt a team for picking Moreno over Beanie due to there being injury concerns, but to say that Moreno is actually a better back is just plain crazy to me. I guarantee that if Beanie stays healthy he will be a perenial pro bowler and one of the true gems of this draft.

  • #2
    Moreno is an all around better back than Beanie, and I am a big fan of both of them. Moreno is a threat in the passing game, where there hasn't been much proof that Beanie can do that. I think both are going to be valuable assets in the running game. It all depends on what your offense wants out of its RB. If your in an offense where the RB is required to go out and make plays through the air, you'd want Moreno. If you want a RB who is reliable (not saying Moreno isn't) and will pound away at the will of defenses, you'd want Wells. Wells is also more balanced than people give him credit for while he runs, he isn't just a thumper. Honestly I can't tell you which one I think is better, but I think Moreno would be a better fit for my Eagles;)...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

    Rest in Peace, themaninblack

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
      Moreno is an all around better back than Beanie, and I am a big fan of both of them. Moreno is a threat in the passing game, where there hasn't been much proof that Beanie can do that. I think both are going to be valuable assets in the running game. It all depends on what your offense wants out of its RB. If your in an offense where the RB is required to go out and make plays through the air, you'd want Moreno. If you want a RB who is reliable (not saying Moreno isn't) and will pound away at the will of defenses, you'd want Wells. Wells is also more balanced than people give him credit for while he runs, he isn't just a thumper. Honestly I can't tell you which one I think is better, but I think Moreno would be a better fit for my Eagles;)...
      I can respect that. All very good points and for the most part I would have to agree. However, I will say that the offense that Beanie ran out of was very vanilla and he was never really given the opportunity to be a threat in the passing game. Although, im sure that even if he was given the opportunity, Moreno still would definitely have the edge for that facet of the game. IMO though, when I think of a RUNNING back in the NFL...most of the damage is done on the ground and that is where Beanie is far and away the better back. He is going to do some serious damage on the ground when he gets into the league.

      Comment


      • #4
        On the flip side, being that your an Eagles fan, I could definitely see Moreno possibly being a better option for YOUR offense seeing how Westbrook is used.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well if you want to flat our replace Westbrook on the Eagles then Moreno is your guy, but if you want a big back to have what they have been missing all these years (they lost to NYG because they couldn't convert 3rd and 1s and 4th and 1s) then Beanie would be better. It's a lot easier to find a decent all purpose back than it is to find a guy with Wells' skillset though.

          Comment


          • #6
            I like them both a lot and think they could be great second options until it is their time to take over. I think both will be very successful NFL RBs. I just think Moreno would fit the WCO a little better than Wells. And I know Wells wasn't given many opportunities because of OSU, I wish he would have been given more opportunities in the passing game while he wwas there. I don't think he even has 20 receptions, maybe less actually. Moreno had more receptions in each year as a starter IIRC. I think if Wells practices it and just gets enough reps, helping him to become a better receiver he could be a threat in the passing game as well, just not like I expect Moreno to be. Personally, I would love to have either on the Eagles. The thing that will determine who gets drafted first is which team runs a certain style of offense that decides they need a RB first. I think both will be great pro RBs, just in different systems, used differently, in some aspects...
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kf213003 View Post
              40 yd dash = 4.39 first attempt
              4.38 second attempt

              Being that it is a Pro Day, it should be noted that they are on a fast track.

              However, as a point of reference: Brian Hartline, Brian Robiskie, & Malcolm Jenkins were ALL in the 4.49 to 4.54 range.

              I'm going to venture to say that Beanie's 40 time might be somewhere between his pro day and his combine times.......maybe a 4.5 flat. You watch his game film and he certainly plays a hell of a lot faster than 4.55, since he continually ran away from DB's on numerous long runs in games (including the secondary of LSU in the 2007 National Title game).


              Not using his 40 as a point to validate his talent, but honestly Ive watched a lot of both Beanie and Knowshon. It is absolutely ludacris to me that ANYONE thinks Moreno is better than Beanie. Moreno is a GREAT back, but Beanie absolutely defined the term "Dominant" in every single way. Beanie played at a high level against all competition (you can make a point that he played at a higher level in bigger games) and he played on an offense that was one dimensional and centered around his talent (not to mention his O-line had a really sub-par year in 2008). I wouldn't falt a team for picking Moreno over Beanie due to there being injury concerns, but to say that Moreno is actually a better back is just plain crazy to me. I guarantee that if Beanie stays healthy he will be a perenial pro bowler and one of the true gems of this draft.

              Did they let Wells run 30 yards instead of 40? I'm not buying 4.3 whatever, period.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah, something fishy about that 40 for Beanie.

                When healthy, Wells has the stuff to be a dominant RB, with more than enough speed, but I never saw any indication that he had game speed equal to Adrian Peterson.

                Still an elite prospect and should be the 1st RB selected, but that 40 time is funky.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
                  Yeah, something fishy about that 40 for Beanie.

                  When healthy, Wells has the stuff to be a dominant RB, with more than enough speed, but I never saw any indication that he had game speed equal to Adrian Peterson.

                  Still an elite prospect and should be the 1st RB selected, but that 40 time is funky.
                  They probably told the guy with the stopwatch to count to three before he started timing him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                    Did they let Wells run 30 yards instead of 40? I'm not buying 4.3 whatever, period.
                    Why not? Have you never seen him play? Or were you convinced by his 4.59 at the combine after half a dozen broad jumps? It's a fast track anyways, always has been. He's likely in the 4.47-4.50 range.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just to point out, Beanie got pretty much shut down against Penn State, so he hasn't always played at a high level against all competition. Knowshon had some games where he was sub 4.0 YPC, but nothing like Beanie's 2.5 for that game, especially given the amount of carries he was given that game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        beanies game against Michigan a few years ago > life.

                        Scott hinted that beanie might run sub 4.4 in one of his chats.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think either Moreno or Wells has homerun speed which is why I both think they fall to the last 1st. It's hard to justify taking a back in the first 15 or even 20 picks that doesn't have that breakaway speed to threaten defences with.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            beanies game against Michigan a few years ago > life.

                            Scott hinted that beanie might run sub 4.4 in one of his chats.
                            That game almost ended Sniper's life, haha
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              That game almost ended Sniper's life, haha
                              ...I could have typed something very bad. but i will behave!
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information