Josh Freeman > JaMarcus Russell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Freeman > JaMarcus Russell

Any1 else find the league/draft great?? Besides it's NFL related.. But Russell was the #1 overall pick his year.. Now a team could get a Russell type player in the second half of round 1 (Looking at it as a prospect scenario).. But, yea.. I'm a Canes fan, but.. Freeman has as much potential as a Culpepper or a McNabb to me.. Just give the kid around 8-10 games to 1 full year to learn In My Opinion.
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Russell has a much stronger arm.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
      Russell has a much stronger arm.
      I know.. But Freeman has a pretty big arm from what I've seen.. If I was to play scout, on arm strength.. Freeman around a 9, with Russell obviously 10 +

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

If Freeman is put into the right situtation (much like Flacco and Ryan) then I can see him having some success. A place like Minnesota with a fantastic run game, reliable WR's, and a top 10 defense. Best case scenario for a guy like him. If he ends ups in a situtation like Alex Smith (different cordinators every year, new offenses) he will be overwhelmed and probably be a bust.
        Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz; 05-14-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
          If Freeman is put into the right situtation (much like Flacco and Ryan) then I can see him having some success. A place like Minnesota with a fantastic run game, reliable WR's, and a top 10 defense. Best case scenario for a guy like him. If he ends ups in a situtation like Alex Smiht (different cordinators every year, new offenses) he will be overwhelmed and probably be a bust.
          Yea.. I agree with you.. Freeman still has alot to learn.

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Freeman is a poor mans Jamarcus Russell in every aspect. People see the physical comparison but Russell was excellent in the SEC and I believe the most efficient QB in college football his junior year. People seem to be getting to wrapped up in physical abilities and forget about the quality of the player as a whole. It happens every year at this time; Over-analysis.
            Last edited by TACKLE; 03-18-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Russell is bigger, stronger, more mobile, a stronger arm, more accurate, better throwing on the run, better at breaking down defenses, and he was a ton more productive.

Josh Freeman is like Russell as a freshman or Sophomore lol.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I like freeman why better the russell

Beside having a great arm and good size he is lazy and a me first player. Held out for weeks has serious weight issues. I think he was overrated coming out he beat up brady quinn and a terrible irish defense. You don't need to throw the ball 90 yards to be a good qb.
                Freeman is just as big he arm is great but he isn't one the level of russell. Played in a pro style offense he reminds me of mcnabb or cutler in college. More culter because he was the best player on the team for 4 years and had to win the game with very little help beside jordy nelson.
                One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                  Russell is bigger, stronger, more mobile, a stronger arm, more accurate, better throwing on the run, better at breaking down defenses, and he was a ton more productive.

Josh Freeman is like Russell as a freshman or Sophomore lol.
                  Some of those accuracy statements are off...it also had to do with Russell having Dawyne Bowe, Buster Davis, and Early Doucet as wide receivers. Also, I'm not sure if Russell is bigger in a good way. :P

Comment

I love how alot of guys are writing off JaMarcus this early.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                      I love how alot of guys are writing off JaMarcus this early.
                      not writing him off they are making a bold prediction

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
                        I know.. But Freeman has a pretty big arm from what I've seen.. If I was to play scout, on arm strength.. Freeman around a 9, with Russell obviously 10 +
                        If Freeman has a 9 then Russell has a 13.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                          If Freeman is put into the right situtation (much like Flacco and Ryan) then I can see him having some success. A place like Minnesota with a fantastic run game, reliable WR's, and a top 10 defense. Best case scenario for a guy like him. If he ends ups in a situtation like Alex Smiht (different cordinators every year, new offenses) he will be overwhelmed and probably be a bust.
                          Minnesota's receivers are reliable? That's news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            If Freeman has a 9 then Russell has a 13.
                            Not really. Freeman doesn't take a backseat to anyone in the arm strength department.

Not that it matters though, because whether a player's arm is an 8 or a 9 or a 10 or a 20 is largely unimportant.

Here's what I do think in regards to Freeman/Russell - Russell didn't deserve to go #1 overall, and Freeman doesn't deserve to be projected as low as the 2nd round. They're both guys who I would personally rank in the middle of the first round, where alot of the real project QB's tend to go.
                            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Here are some thoughts on Freeman.

I remember watching Auburn play K-State. Quentin Groves was an absolute beast that game and sacked Freeman late in the game, forcing a fumble that was recovered for the game clinching TD. I remember Josh Freeman and thinking how big he looked. I researched him after the game and saw that he was 6'5 250 and had a big arm. I was thinking that if this guy can develop and rip it up his Jr. and Sr. year, he could be a the top pick in the draft. The thing is, he never really got that much better. He was alright but never really played up to his abilities. I know he didn't have much talent around him (with the exception of Jesus Nelson) but he was never a great QB. If you had to name the Top 15 QB's in CFB last season, he would be hard-pressed to make the list.He was a good QB who showed flashes but there was really no indication that he would be a top-flight QB. Now, with just over a month into the draft, people want to put him in the Top 10 ahead of Sanchez based just off size, arm strength and potential. I understand that just because you're a great college QB doesn't mean you'll be a great NFL QB. Now I'm not saying that I don't like Freeman. I actually do and I think it the right situation he can be a successful NFL QB. People on here preach, "there's more to being a successful NFL QB than having a strong arm. Just look at Kyle Boller/Jeff George/Ryan Leaf etc." yet when a big strong armed QB comes along everybody falls in love with him. I don't know, i just don't get it.

Sorry for the long, pointless rambling. Just felt like posting a few thoughts on Josh Freeman as it relates to evaluating NFL QB's. And for the record, I do like Josh Freeman.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information