Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Matt Stafford really out of the question for the Rams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Matt Stafford really out of the question for the Rams?

    Just thinking about this. Marc Bulger since signing his huge contract has been one of the worst Quarterbacks in the league. He has more Interceptions that he does Touchdowns (22/28) in the past 2 seasons and has a CMP% of less that 60% (57.7) in that span. I don't think the Rams are going to keep throwing Bulger out there just because his contract. One more year for Bulger to prove he's still a top 10 Quarterback in the NFL or In my opinion the Rams are going to send him packing.

    If the Rams feel like Stafford is a Franchise Quarterback, I don't see why they wouldn't take him. Can't they make the contract to where Stafford is getting a lot of his money at the back end of it? That way Stafford isn't making 8+ million sitting on the bench next season.

  • #2
    I think you have a point, although just to nitpick your post I can't see anyway for Bulger to become a top ten QB.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
      I think you have a point, although just to nitpick your post I can't see anyway for Bulger to become a top ten QB.
      After the 2006 season, many people (including me) had him as a top 10 Quarterback.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
        Just thinking about this. Marc Bulger since signing his huge contract has been one of the worst Quarterbacks in the league. He has more Interceptions that he does Touchdowns (22/28) in the past 2 seasons and has a CMP% of less that 60% (57.7) in that span. I don't think the Rams are going to keep throwing Bulger out there just because his contract. One more year for Bulger to prove he's still a top 10 Quarterback in the NFL or In my opinion the Rams are going to send him packing.

        If the Rams feel like Stafford is a Franchise Quarterback, I don't see why they wouldn't take him. Can't they make the contract to where Stafford is getting a lot of his money at the back end of it? That way Stafford isn't making 8+ million sitting on the bench next season.
        I'm sorry, but I've already seen this episode and I know how it ends.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          I'm sorry, but I've already seen this episode and I know how it ends.

          Saying Stafford is the next Carr?

          Comment


          • #6
            Since then a lot of young QBs have started taking up those spots, after 2006 Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Eli, Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, etc. hadn't really established themselves. I feel like the league has gotten stronger at QB these past few years and that is why I just can't imagine Bulger being a top ten QB.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              Saying Stafford is the next Carr?
              Given the state of St. Louis' offensive line....... he would be. Do the Rams even have two offensive tackles right now?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                I'm sorry, but I've already seen this episode and I know how it ends.



                How good would Carr of been if Houston had an offensive line? St. Louis's line right now, as bad as it is, is better than Houston's through Carr's tenure.

                Also Carr and Stafford are very different prospects. Stafford has played in an elite conference against NFL defensive schemes against NFL talent.
                Last edited by StorminNorman; 03-19-2009, 09:16 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by StorminNorman View Post


                  How good would Carr of been if Houston had an offensive line? Detroit's line right now, as bad as it is, is better than Houston's through Carr's tenure.

                  Psst, don't look now but, this title of this thread is "Is Matt Stafford really out of the question for the Rams?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                    Given the state of St. Louis' offensive line....... he would be. Do the Rams even have two offensive tackles right now?
                    Bulger kind of makes the Offensive Line look worse than what it really is. He has absolutely no pocket presence. And in the past 3 seasons Bulgers been sacked an average of 3 times per game. Any other Quarterback who has started for the Rams in the span has been sacked an average of 1.5 times per game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think that option went flying out of the window when they let Pace go, and they probably want to compete with SJax in his prime and a rookie QB doesn't really do that for you...If you kept Pace he could protect Stafford for a few years and you could develop a LT behind him, but the chances are pretty slim that they opted to let Pace walk and then intend to draft a rookie QB, doesn't make much sense.


                      They still need WR's too, it's just not the best situation to be drafting a rookie QB into yet, get a stud LT like Jason Smith, get another starting caliber WR opposite Avery, and your ready to take your guy.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In the past 3 years, Bulger has failed to start in 5 games. Four in 2007, one in 2008.

                        Brock Berlin, 1 start, 0 sacks in that start
                        Trent Green, 1 start, 2 sacks in that start. He played in three games, one where he went 5-10 with no sacks (meaning he didn't drop back to pass very much) and one where he went 16-30 with four sacks (uh huh).
                        Gus Frerotte, 3 starts, 7 sacks in those starts.

                        And again. That was with Orlando Pace. They let him go. They let his backup Adam Goldberg go too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe they wouldn't draft him because they don't want him leaving the field in a stretcher.....? Quarterback isn't the biggest problem for the Rams, the offensive line is. They should take a good, long hard look at Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, or Oher with their pick. You build the trenches first, then you go from there.
                          Just play me, baby

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Psst, don't look now but, this title of this thread is "Is Matt Stafford really out of the question for the Rams?"
                            Well then posting a picture of David Carr holding a Houston Texans jersey as the first pick in the draft is as completely out of place as an explanation why the two are not comparable.

                            EDIT: Lions was a typo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The Rams are one of those teams that many people think are ok at QB, but will look back this time next year and say "yep, they needed a QB". Yeah, they need other positions too, but a QB is never a bad pick when you need one. Some fans will insist that picking a QB in round 1 somehow prevents a team from building an O-line, but that's just nonsense. It doesn't really matter though because Stafford is going #1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information