Jacksonville and Tampa QB plan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksonville and Tampa QB plan?

I wonder if Jacksonville and Tampa plan to bypass taking a QB all together in this Draft and waiting until next year when Tim Tebow is available. Think of the impact Tebow would have on local interest in those teams. There'd be tons more people trying to get tickets and jerseys would seel like hotcakes the moment they hit stores.

I doubt many scouts have that mentality. You don't pass on a prospect for a future prospect

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      I wonder if Jacksonville and Tampa plan to bypass taking a QB all together in this Draft and waiting until next year when Tim Tebow is available. Think of the impact Tebow would have on local interest in those teams. There'd be tons more people trying to get tickets and jerseys would seel like hotcakes the moment they hit stores.
      i wouldn't bank on tebow even being a qb in the nfl, much less passing on qb's this year hoping he can be next year...and that they can get him

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
        I doubt many scouts have that mentality. You don't pass on a prospect for a future prospect
        Right. There's no "we're waiting til next year" mentality. If you have a need at QB, you have a prospect rated as a potential franchise QB, and he is available then you pull the trigger.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
          Not only that... but Tim freaking Tebow being the guy they are waiting for?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            Right. There's no "we're waiting til next year" mentality. If you have a need at QB, you have a prospect rated as a potential franchise QB, and he is available then you pull the trigger.
            Exactly. You don't say, "Lets not draft Delmas, we could get Mays or Berry next year". I know for sure, GM's don't even factor in the 2010 draft class.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

Plausible, sort of anyway.

The patriots at least and im sure a lot of other teams have been known in the past to trade down and aqcuire future picks because their scouts felt that the next draft was stronger than the current one. I dont know if theyd pass on this years qbs and just assume that they can get Tebow next year, but if they thought that next years qb class was stronger all around, they might choose to pass under the right circumstances.

For example, if they feel this draft is strong on D players and next years is very weak, they may choose to fill more D needs this year and pass on the Qb issue until next year.
              Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
              Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Plausible, if they thought the next year's guy was amazing and they had a veteran who could be solid in the current spot. But I don't think we're dealing with that, this year. Besides, Tebow isn't expected to be a hot prospect or even a starter - draft a QB this year and take Tebow next year as a backup.

Although I do get your point about Tebow being a big local draw.

Comment

Sure, let's throw away this year so we can take a guy next year who won't be able to run a NFL passing game... so we can sell some tickets and jerseys. Genius.

Comment

Jacksonville should go with Sanchez for their eventual move to L.A. anyways.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Yeah you can't afford to take a 'wait till next year' approach when it comes to the draft. Especially when it comes to Tebow who I don't think will be an elite QB when he comes out any way.

Comment

Wait for Tebow. That's what you call epic fail. David Garrard is a great quarterback and I don't see why people are ready to give up on him. Who is going to look good with the line he had to work with? We know what he can do when you give him a decent line.

Comment

I'm just throwing this out for discussion more than a completely serious topic. I really don't know if Tebow can be a starting quality pro QB. People can say whatever they want about the offense he runs, his throwing motion, etc. Tebow is a unique player. The odds are against him, but the odds were also against him winning a Heisman as a true sophmore and scoring 55 TD's in the SEC in one season. Maybe they won't want him as a pure QB, but I have no doubt the Jaguars and Bucs would love to have him and would find a way to use him if they got him.

Comment

I laugh at any team that wants Tebow as their starting QB!

Comment

Why not? Its Tim Tebow. His mere presence will make any team superbowl favorites and every player on those teams all-pro. John Henderson gets slapped in the face to fire him up. If Tim Tebow slapped John Henderson across the face, he would become a super saiyan level 3 and his power would be maximum. Because he's Tim Tebow. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information