Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Aaron Curry a better prospect than Pat Willis was?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Aaron Curry a better prospect than Pat Willis was?

strictly as prospects

Originally posted by jay cutler's #1 fan
    Yes, easily. Willis didn't even really shoot up until he ran that amazing 40 yard dash.
    wasn't his 40 like 4.49? i thought that was expected from him at the time.

Comment

Sure is. Willis was never projected to even go in the top 5. Curry had a real chance of being the number 1 overall selection.

Comment

well that's kind of what i'm getting at. knowing what you know now, would you have taken willis #1 in 2006?

i don't think the lions should shy away just because he's a lb if he has the potential to be another pat willis.

Comment

IMO, its still pretty hard to take a non pass rushing LB first overall. Sure, Willis is a tremendous player but there were better players than him in his draft class such as Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson.

Comment

AJ Hawk was a much better prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Castle View Post
              IMO, its still pretty hard to take a non pass rushing LB first overall. Sure, Willis is a tremendous player but there were better players than him in his draft class such as Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson.
              i agree. calvin had no business not going 1st. but if willis WAS selected there, nobody would be saying "bust" about it now.

really, i wanted my dolphins to take him when everybody else wanted them to take quinn.

i don't think the lions should take him over stafford because they have nothing at qb, just trying to present the argument that it may not be a bad idea a couple years from now if they took curry instead.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                AJ Hawk was a much better prospect.
                than willis or curry? or both?

Comment

Pat Willis>Aaron Curry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    Pat Willis>Aaron Curry.
                    As prospects? or currently?

Comment

Curry is a much more complete prospect than Willis ever was, but Willis' draft class was far superior

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Well, to be fair that draft was probably better than this one at the top. Calvin, JaMarcus, Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, LaRon Landry, and Gaines Adams would all be in the running for top prospect in this draft. The first four for sure.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

As prospects. Maybe I'm putting too much stock into Willis' pro career and not remembering him as much out of college.

Comment

As an ILB prospect, I liked Willis a lot better.

As an OLB prospect, I like Curry a lot better.

Comment

Patrick Willis' senior year stats

12 GP, 137 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 7 PBU, 2 FF

Aaron Curry's senior year stats

13 GP, 105 tackles, 16.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 FF

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information