Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats Trying To Move Into Top Ten?

Pats Trying To Move Into Top Ten

Peter King of SI.com reports that the Patriots are trying to move into the top ten.

Per King, executives from two different teams said that the Pats have offered their first-round pick and one of their three second-rounders (No. 47 overall) to move into the No. 8 spot, currently held by Jacksonville. Jags G.M. Gene Smith declined the offer.

King says that the Pats might also be trying to trade up to No. 9 with the Packers.

Presently, the Pats’ target isn’t known.

OL, Orakpo or Tyson Jackson. Just a guess!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I would say Orakpo is their target, but who knows with NE.

Comment

Sanchez. QB is obviously a need.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          OL, Orakpo or Tyson Jackson. Just a guess!
          They all pretty much set at DL I would say OL or LB.

Comment

Hey Bill work a trade with you buddy Scott.we'll take your first and our original 2nd back :D

Comment

It'll be extremely hard for us to trade up if Sanchez falls, but I really wouldn't mind going after Orakpo or Aaron Mabin a bit later.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

If it only took us #23 and one of our second rounders to get into the top ten in order to get someone the coaches really want, I wouldn't be opposed to doing it.

Comment

I am guessing Orakpo. Those three 2nd rounders are where they are going to get some great value.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Raji? Wilfork's contract is up after the year, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      Raji? Wilfork's contract is up after the year, I believe.
                      So is Seymour.

Give me Wilfork before Seymour even thought Wilfork might want near Haynesworth money.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I could definitely see Michael Oher. Three of there starting O-Lineman, Nick Kaczur, Stephen Neal and Logan Mankins, along with backup OT Ryan O'Callahan. With the Free Agents they'll have to resign on the D-Line, picking up Oher who can come in play RT, maybe even play G as a rookie, and can also eventually play LT is something that may be very appealing.

Though I am skeptical that an organization like the Patriots would let something like this get out this close to the draft.

Comment

I think it will be for Orakpo, Oher or Andre Smith. I really don't think it will be Jackson. Even without Seymour there is still Green, Warren, Wright and they recently resigned Kenny Smith. It will be an immediate impact guy if they trade up IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if it's for either Tyson Jackson or Everette Brown, although moving up to #8 for Brown would seem excessive unless Green Bay is more interested in him than I know.

Comment

I highly doubt it will be Raji. Wilfork is our top priority this offseason (Mankins too) and we have already had some negotiations with him, I am pretty certain he is staying. As for Jackson, 3-4 DE is nowhere near a top 10 need for us. Even if Seymour leaves after next season, we still have some quality depth at the position and we will probably just look at some guys after the first round.

As AntoinCD said, it will most likely be an immediate impact guy. They may pull a slight reach on someone like we did with Mayo last year, perhaps Maualuga. I would love to see us look at a left tackle or linebacker there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information