Tyson Jackson's Sudden Stock Rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Jackson's Sudden Stock Rise

Jackson at one point was considered easily available to the Jets at 17 and other teams around around the 15-20 area. Is his sudden rise to as far as #3 on some mock drafts simply due to his natural ability to play DE in a 3-4 or has he performed exceptionally well at recent work outs.

I think Jackson is being set up to be a disappointment only because of where he will be chosen. I would say he is the 4th rated DE in this draft behind Orakpo, Brown, and Ayers but he very well may go ahead of all of them. As may be a top 5 pick he is going to be expected to be great- but will he be...

Thoughts....

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Because guys who can play the 3-4 DE are rare, especially that can make an early impact, these are typically lower round guys who take some time to develop. And with about half the league playing a 3-4, he's gonna be in high demand.

Comment

The 3-4 DE position is not the most purdy but it allows those 3-4 OLBS to get those high sack numbers. So they are sorta the LT of the 3-4 D? I guess?

I don't like Jackson as either 3-4 De or 4-3 DE. He makes me sick but thats me. He will be more rich than me so I suck. :(
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Jackson will be a JAG in this league and whoever drafts them will be disappointed.

Comment

Well going back to the start of the season Jackson was rated very high then. He won't get a lot of sacks as was evidenced by no more than 4.5 sacks in any season. However if a team needs a LE or 5 tech then he will get pushed up and with more and more teams running a 30 front then those players will be overdrafted

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
            Well going back to the start of the season Jackson was rated very high then. He won't get a lot of sacks as was evidenced by no more than 4.5 sacks in any season. However if a team needs a LE or 5 tech then he will get pushed up and with more and more teams running a 30 front then those players will be overdrafted
            He had 10 sacks in 2006.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...on-Jackson.php

Comment

His ability to play in a 3-4 and actually provide a little pass rush. He is a good enough pass rusher to play end in a 4-3, so he'll be good at getting after the quarterback.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
              <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
              <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
              <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                Quentin Moses had a number that rivaled that. He's not going to get to the QB. And if you think he will, then you don't much about pass rushing or Tyson Jackson.
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                Originally posted by GoRavens
                Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

I could have sworn I read somewhere thats all he had. Must've been someone else

EDIT; I know what it was I kinda mixed him up with Ayers. Jackson had 4.5 last year and Ayers has never had more than 4. My bad
                  Last edited by AntoinCD; 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                    Quentin Moses had a number that rivaled that. He's not going to get to the QB. And if you think he will, then you don't much about pass rushing or Tyson Jackson.
                    I didn't say he would calm down.

Comment

If Tyson Jackson keeps rising up boards at the rate he has, he'll end up going in the third round... last year.

Comment

In a 3-4 defense that year too. Weird. Jackson is the only true elite 5-tech in the draft, it's that simple.

Comment

I think scouts and teams allways had him this high we're just know hearing about it now

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I secretly suspect that Jackson's stock hasn't really risen with anybody who counts. I think scouts thought this highly of him from the beginning, it just takes a while for amateur and professional draftniks to tease information away from teams.

Comment

Originally posted by quincyyyyy View Post
                              Jackson will be a JAG in this league and whoever drafts them will be disappointed.
                              No biggy but this just urks me...you cant be a JAG. JAG stands for Just Another Guy...so saying he is going to be A Just Another Guy makes no sense. Just saying. I see this a lot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information