Peter King: Seahawks to Choose Between Curry and Crabtree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter King: Seahawks to Choose Between Curry and Crabtree

He made it a point to change the mock draft he just printed and give the Seahawks Crabtree.

Says "I've heard from someone I trust".

Why even change the pick in your mock unless you're pretty sure...?

Adjust you're mocks accordingly. I'm very happy.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Adjust your mocks IF you trust King's source more than the other sources saying it'll be Sanchez. I'm hesitant on King's info considering how crappy his mock looks.

Comment

well if King says it.... (I'm not being sarcastic, he tends to be right)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I just don't see any reason for him to go ahead and change his original projection right now unless he's sure.

Plus all the signs point away from OT or Sanchez and to Crabtree or Curry.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Yeah, and I can't really see how Crabtree would be a smokescreen as opposed to saying it's Sanchez.

I'm guessing it's legitimate, but if I were them, I would take Curry there.

Comment

They dumped a lot of money into an aging WR with the same skill set. Why would they want another possession WR... and make him the highest paid WR in the NFL? Might as well take a potential franchise QB.

Then again, this is the same team that wouldn't pay one of the top 3 guards in the NFL (Hutchinson) 49 million over 7 years, and instead gave the contract Hutchinson got to a WR by the name of Nate Burleson, so... who knows. Maybe they're trying to have the most expensive WR corps in the NFL.

I still say its Sanchez.
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

I'm guessing that Curry will be gone by 4. Crabs is a solid pick for the Seahawks.

Comment

Why wouldn't the Seahawks take Eugene Monroe at #4?
                Walter Jones is 35 years old and Monroe is a safe pick that can play for the next 10 years at a pro-bowl level.

The potentiality of taking Curry doesn't make sense to me since they have so much money invested in their LB core.

Crabs I can understand but I think they have bigger than needs than WR.
                The best move IMO is to take Monroe or Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                  I'm guessing that Curry will be gone by 4. Crabs is a solid pick for the Seahawks.
                  Unless the Chiefs take him, Curry will be right there.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

King says Seattle wants a field stretching receiver to compliment Hous.

Seattle needs better scouts because that's not Crabtree. If Seattle is trying to bring the bubble screen offense to the NFL then they should take Crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMolecularMan View Post
                      Why wouldn't the Seahawks take Eugene Monroe at #4?
                      Walter Jones is 35 years old and Monroe is a safe pick that can play for the next 10 years at a pro-bowl level.

The potentiality of taking Curry doesn't make sense to me since they have so much money invested in their LB core.

Crabs I can understand but I think they have bigger than needs than WR.
                      The best move IMO is to take Monroe or Sanchez.
                      One Sean Locklear whom Tim Ruskell trusts with protecting the blindside and gave him a considerable contract.

Although I still like Monroe or Jason Smith to Seattle, I think Ruskell will put more stock into Sanchez and/or Curry. His offensive picks have been shaky at best.

Comment

I'll take Peter King's sources better than mine. I mean, both Curry and Crabtree are good value at 4, and Seattle can use either of them, but neither is a real slam dunk pick.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                          He made it a point to change the mock draft he just printed and give the Seahawks Crabtree.

Says "I've heard from someone I trust".

Why even change the pick in your mock unless you're pretty sure...?

Adjust you're mocks accordingly. I'm very happy.
                          Surprise Pick of Tomorrow: Crabtree to the Seahawks

I think the Seahawks got rid of Peterson because they think they are solid with the guys that had and will not select Curry. I think the Seahawks despite signing Housh, want to win now, and they want to give Hasselbeck as many weapons as possible...Branch, Housh, Crabtree and Burleson as the #4...thats a mighty offense

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                            They dumped a lot of money into an aging WR with the same skill set. Why would they want another possession WR... and make him the highest paid WR in the NFL? Might as well take a potential franchise QB.

Then again, this is the same team that wouldn't pay one of the top 3 guards in the NFL (Hutchinson) 49 million over 7 years, and instead gave the contract Hutchinson got to a WR by the name of Nate Burleson, so... who knows. Maybe they're trying to have the most expensive WR corps in the NFL.

I still say its Sanchez.
                            They have a lot of money invested in OTs too (Jones, Lock, Willis). Plus a QB with two years left at big money. Plus two LBs due for big money. No pick at #4 is going to make much sense financially. Pretty moot anyway because we're on our way to an uncapped year in 2010.

As for Hutchinson/Burleson- look up the poison pill concept before you try to talk about something you don't know anything about.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                              Surprise Pick of Tomorrow: Crabtree to the Seahawks

I think the Seahawks got rid of Peterson because they think they are solid with the guys that had and will not select Curry. I think the Seahawks despite signing Housh, want to win now, and they want to give Hasselbeck as many weapons as possible...Branch, Housh, Crabtree and Burleson as the #4...thats a mighty offense
                              There is also still an outside chance they cut (or maybe trade) Branch or Burleson.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information