2009 Big Ten QB and RB rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Big Ten QB and RB rankings

I am going to be putting together a compilation thread of all the FBS and FCS conferences of quarterbacks and running backs. I have only taken 1 QB and 1 RB from each school as of now, but plan to add them after other give some input and advice. I would love some feedback and criticism. These rankings are to reflect there potential as an NFL prospect regardless of class.

Big Ten QB Rankings
    1. Terelle Pryor, Ohio State, Sophomore, 6'6/235
    2. Adam Weber, Minnesota, Junior, 6'3/217
    3. Juice Williams, Illinois, Senior, 6'2/235
    4. Ben Chappell, Indiana, Junior, 6'3/235
    5. Daryll Clark, Penn State, Senior, 6'2/233
    6. Mike Kafka, Northwestern, Senior, 6'3/215
    7. Ricky Stanzi, Iowa, Junior, 6'4/225
    8. Kirk Cousins, Michigan State, Sophomore, 6'3/202
    9. Tate Forcier, Michigan, Freshmen, 6'1/187
    10. Dustin Sherer, Wisconsin, Senior, 6'4/217
    11. Joey Elliott, Purdue, Senior, 6'2/216

Big Ten RB Rankings
    1. Evan Royster, Penn State, Junior, 6'1/209
    2. John Clay, Wisconsin, R-Sophomore, 6'2/247
    3. Brandon Minor, Michigan, Senior, 6'1/216
    4. Dan Herron, Ohio State, R-Sophomore, 5'10/193
    5. Jewel Hampton, Iowa, Sophomore, 5'9/200
    6. Jaceyn Taylor, Purdue, Senior, 5'10/180
    7. Jason Ford, Illinois, Sophomore, 6'0/230
    8. DeLeon Eskridge, Minnesota, Sophomore, 5'11/189
    9. Andre Anderson, Michigan State, Sophomore, 5'9/190
    10. Bryan Payton, Indiana, Senior, 5'9/207
    11. Stephen Simmons, Northwestern, Junior, 5'8/175
    Last edited by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006; 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
    1. Tate Forcier, Michigan, Freshmen, 6'1/187
    Fixed it for you.

Comment

If you're going to go purely on potential, there's no way in hell that Terrelle Pryor can't be #1. The guy craps out potential. I don't know if he'll reach it, but he's got so much ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        If you're going to go purely on potential, there's no way in hell that Terrelle Pryor can't be #1. The guy craps out potential. I don't know if he'll reach it, but he's got so much ability.
        I agree that he can make it to #1, but he has a good amount of development left before I can shot him right to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Fixed it for you.
          I didn't know what to do with Forcier. Again with some more time to develop he can move up. What are his chances to start over Sheridan this year?

Comment

Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
            I didn't know what to do with Forcier. Again with some more time to develop he can move up. What are his chances to start over Sheridan this year?
            100%. He's the starter.

Comment

I'm so glad the Bears traded for Cutler. That finally shut up the idiots on the Bears.com message boards who kept whining that we needed to draft Juice freaking Williams in the first round in 2010.

Comment

I think Pryor needs to be #1 on the QB list and Clay needs to be #2 on the RB list.

Comment

if this is potential then TP needs to be number 1. Daryl Clark really doesn't have a future in the NFL.

And you might as well put Dustin Sherer at the bottom. Wisconsin QBs do jack after college ball

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                  Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                  I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                  LOL props to Paul

Comment

I don't think the OP has ever seen Brandon Minor play...
                    I'm a state.

Comment

I agree 100% with where you have Royster, I think he will be a first round RB and a great pro. Clark is in the same type of boat as michael Robinson was, he may not be able to play QB in the NFL. Now he has much better passing tools than Robinson did, but I just don't see much success at QB for Clark after college.

Pretty solid list, I'd have Clay and Minor as 2/3 on the RB list, but overall, not too bad.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

How the heck do you have Boom Herron over Johnny Clay? Because he goes to a more prestigious school?

OSU wanted John Clay pretty badly, he was a much higher rated player than Boom coming out of high school (#4 RB on Rivals to Herron's #18), and a much more productive player last season (884 yds/5.7 ypc v. 439/4.8).

It can't be that Boom Herron has better NFL potential. Clay has the exact same measurables (237, 4.49) as Beanie Wells did. Herron is slower (4.52) while being about 40 pounds lighter (in the 190's).

And you might as well put Dustin Sherer at the bottom. Wisconsin QBs do jack after college ball
                        In all honesty, they typically don't do much in college ball either. But there's not anything at Wisconsin preventing them from being good QB's. It's just been that Wisconsin typically hasn't recruited the position well. But they turned things around in that area the last two cycles snaring a 4-star in Curt Phillips, and Jon Budmayr who made a bunch of top 200 overall prospects lists and had offers from Notre Dame, in-state Illinois, and Nebraska. If one of those two players earns the starting job (Phillips actually has the inside track right now), they should fit in at #5 on that list. Phillips is like a poor man's Tebow. Great mobility, adequate arm, very high f-ball IQ, extremely competitive.
                        Last edited by BerninWI; 05-01-2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Kafka over Chappell
                          Temple University Owls

Comment

Dan Herron ahead of John Clay and Brandon Minor is absurd right now.

Comment

i must say after Royster, Clay, minor, and Herron, there is a significant drop off in the running backs.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                              Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                              I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                              LOL props to Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information