Demarius Thomas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarius Thomas

What is the scouting report on Demaryius Thomas? I am yet too see him play. I did notice in one of the mock drafts he went in the top 15. A couple of years ago my buddy told me too keep an eye on this guy. Saying he had Calvin Johnson like qualities. So I am guessing he is a big receiver with some good speed?
    Last edited by Buc Baller12; 05-02-2009, 05:57 PM.

He is basically Calvin Johnson, but probably not godly like Johnson. With the way Georgia Tech's offense is, he won't get to shine as a reciever. I could see him blowing up in offseason workouts. Probably one of my top recievers in next year's draft if he were to declare.

Comment

Top 5 WR prospect for next year's class for sure. It's a shame he won't get to do much in that offense next year.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Yeah it's a shame he will never put up huge stats in Paul Johnson's navy option offense, but in perspective he is so productive with what he is given. IMO his production last year would be equivalent to getting 1200 yards in the spread offenses guys like Crabtree and Maclin came from. It's a shame that Dez and Aurrellious will be putting up huge stats while Thomas has just as much ability but won't get enough looks from Nesbitt who I also think is killing any pro potential by playing in this system. Still this system wins football games and that's all a college coach cares about. The system definitely benefits Dwyer though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Best blocking WR I've seen in a long time

Comment

Great blocking WR, even better receiving threat. Should be a 2nd-3rd rounder in this draft because of not as much production, but has Calvin Johnson-esque potential

Owner of ScarDraft
            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              Yeah it's a shame he will never put up huge stats in Paul Johnson's navy option offense, but in perspective he is so productive with what he is given. IMO his production last year would be equivalent to getting 1200 yards in the spread offenses guys like Crabtree and Maclin came from. It's a shame that Dez and Aurrellious will be putting up huge stats while Thomas has just as much ability but won't get enough looks from Nesbitt who I also think is killing any pro potential by playing in this system. Still this system wins football games and that's all a college coach cares about. The system definitely benefits Dwyer though.
              I could actually see him putting up 8-900 yards.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

He's got great size, 6'3 and 228, and as many have said is a great blocker. It isn't that he isn't a good receiveing threat, he's great as a receiver, he just doesn't have many opportunities. He is a big, physical, athletic WR in the mold of Megatron. He would be more like Bumblebee though, haha. Seriously, he is a good WR prospect who has a great shot at going first day next year if he declares. His hands are pretty good, but needs to work on route running a bit, but is very strong and has good speed.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

he's definitely more like Bumblebee than Megatron. I was hoping for Megatron to stay one more year at GT and teach Demaryius Thomas some more.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Scouts will overlook his system's restrictions. In fact, it only highlights his awesome blocking. To put it simply, the dude is Calvin Jr.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                      he's definitely more like Bumblebee than Megatron. I was hoping for Megatron to stay one more year at GT and teach Demaryius Thomas some more.
                      Bumblebee is awesome in his own right, but will never reach the godly stature that Megatron has.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Scouts will overlook his system's restrictions. In fact, it only highlights his awesome blocking. To put it simply, the dude is Calvin Jr.
                        Keyshawn Johnson type of player? It seems like he doesn't have the speed or explosiveness of Calvin Johnson, is that accurate? Could he put on 20lbs and play tight end (not to sound like a previous poster who will not be named)?
                        10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon View Post
                          Keyshawn Johnson type of player? It seems like he doesn't have the speed or explosiveness of Calvin Johnson, is that accurate? Could he put on 20lbs and play tight end (not to sound like a previous poster who will not be named)?
                          He's not any where near CJ with his speed. This was the only clip I could find but it illustrates his speed, I think.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

no. he's a 4.5 guy. not the fastest, but still a good speed. He's a possession type in the NFL. think Dwayne Bowe or Anquan Boldin style receiver more than anyone else. just a guy who can go up there and get it and be a focus of a drive.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

He doesn't, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that does. His speed is average, and he is pretty quick, not overly quick though. He definitely is a posession receiver in the NFL with the body type of a Dwayne Bowe.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information