2009 Pac 10 QB and RB rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Pac 10 QB and RB rankings

I am going to be putting together a compilation thread of all the FBS and FCS conferences of quarterbacks and running backs. I have only taken 1 QB and 1 RB from each school as of now, but plan to add them after other give some input and advice. I would love some feedback and criticism. These rankings are to reflect there potential as an NFL prospect regardless of class.

Pac 10 QB Rankings
    1. Matt Barkley, USC, Freshman, 6’3/220
    2. Jake Locker, Washington, Junior, 6’3/222
    3. Andrew Luck, Stanford, Sophomore, 6’4/227
    4. Kevin Riley, California, Junior, 6’2/221
    5. Kevin Prince, UCLA, R-Freshman, 6'2/226
    6. Danny Sullivan, Arizona State, Senior, 6’4/242
    7. Matt Scott, Arizona, Sophomore, 6’3/190
    8. Jeremiah Masoli, Oregon, Junior, 5’11/214
    9. Lyle Moevao, Oregon State, Senior, 5’11/220
    10. Kevin Lopina, Washington State, Senior, 6’3/234

Pac 10 RB Rankings
    1. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon, Senior, 6’2/240
    2. Jahvid Best, California, Junior, 5’10/190
    3. Stafon Johnson, USC, Senior, 5’11/215
    4. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State, Sophomore, 5’7/193
    5. Toby Gerhart, Stanford, Senior, 6’1/232
    6. Dimitri Nance, Arizona State, Senior, 5’10/218
    7. Nic Grigsby, Arizona, Junior, 5’10/190
    8. Derrick Coleman, UCLA, Sophomore, 6’0/231
    9. Dwight Tardy, Washington State, Senior, 5’10/208
    10. Willie Griffin, Washington, Sophomore, 5’8/198
    Last edited by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006; 05-14-2009, 12:41 PM.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Aundre Dean, RB, UCLA.

If he can earn the starting nod, I believe he cracks that top 10.

Comment

Corp should'nt be on the list this soon, and this is coming from a USC fan. He's talented but he hasn't earned anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
        Corp should'nt be on the list this soon, and this is coming from a USC fan. He's talented but he hasn't earned anything.
        As a pro prospect, I'd take him over every QB on that list. Locker would be second.

Comment

Kevin Craft is a pure doo doo QB. Absolutely awful. 7 TDs and 20 INTs last year.

How the heck is he #5??

Comment

Locker should be #1. Riley is weak and Corp hasnt done ****
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

random comments

Plaudits to DH-ROY for compiling a great list.

Yes Craft is a crapola QB but wasn't he like the 3rd string UCLA QB when he started in their opener last yr when they upset Tennessee? Yeah I know the Vols were overrated by several degrees of magnitude last season but Craft or whoever was running the Bruins offense tore up a top 10-ranked Div. 1 defense with Eric Berry at FS & came from behind to win.

Locker will get many negative comments from the draft pundits as overdrafted when he goes earlier than expected, but it's only b/c he's on a worthless Bottom 5 team in Div. 1, kind of like Elway on the '81 Stanford team. He's a good pro prospect whose college background will be forgotten overnight when he's kicking ass in the NFL.

Jacquizz Rodgers is lightning in a bottle, another Maurice Jones Drew "baby Bullet" type RB. Just ask the USC Trojans :p .

Toby Gerhart 10th of 10 RBs? Got to be higher, even though he looks & runs like a fullback. When he gets to the NFL he could be like Pro Bowler LeRon McClain, drafted to play fullback & morph into a RB to fool d-lines.

Best from Cal s/b #1, they call him Jahvid "The Beast" Best for a reason..... he's the best RB they've seen in Berkeley since Marshawn Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                Locker should be #1. Riley is weak and Corp hasnt done ****
                Thank You.

Comment

Man, if Locker had the talent around him like Corp is going to, it'd be absolutely sick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    Man, if Locker had the talent around him like Corp is going to, it'd be absolutely sick.
                    No kidding probably one of the better athletes in college football.
                    Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

+1 to the Locker for #1 QB.

Comment

Locker

Corp

everyone else

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                          +1 to the Locker for #1 QB.
                          Really no excuses for Jake going forward, he's got a QB coach in Nussmeier who's been around the block and the head coach Sarkision had a lot to do with the success of MarK Sanchez. Early reports on his spring were very good, he started to improve his accuracy as the camp went on and should be poised for a big year, relative to what he has to work with. I know i'm not telling you anything you didnt know but thought i'd throw it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Toby Gerhart 10th of 10 RBs? Got to be higher, even though he looks & runs like a fullback. When he gets to the NFL he could be like Pro Bowler LeRon McClain, drafted to play fullback & morph into a RB to fool d-lines.
                            I agree I may be the only fan of Stanford football on this site but I think he is a pretty good back and is at least above #10. He is one of Stanfords only weapons and he still puts up pretty good numbers. He has proven himself to be a very good running option while some of the other guys on your list are unproven or have significantly lower stats. Gerhart had 8 100yd+ games while sharing carries last year. He has the power to break tackles but he also has the speed to break some pretty long runs. It hurts his exposure that Stanford isn't on tv that much (but its nice at the game because it is so much faster.) He had a lot of really nice games and its not like he is on a powerhouse team either. Next year he is looking to have another solid year and who knows he might get some looks for the NFL if he doesnt choose baseball.

Stanford is a team that while still bad, they are getting better. Harbaugh is recruiting solidly and is bringing in some nice classes. Its hard though because Stanford has pretty tough academic standards, so they can bring in some of the guys who are barely passing classes but are amazing players.

last years stats:
                            2008 210 carries 1136 yrds 5.4 avg 46 long 15 TDs

DATE OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
                            8/28 Oregon State W 36-28 19 147 7.7 46 2
                            9/6 @Arizona State L 41-17 16 67 4.2 14 2
                            9/13 @TCU L 31-14 15 45 3.0 30 0
                            9/20 San Jose State W 23-10 22 148 6.7 31 1
                            9/27 @Washington W 35-28 2 14 7.0 11 0
                            10/4 @Notre Dame L 28-21 13 104 8.0 27 1
                            10/11 Arizona W 24-23 24 116 4.8 27 1
                            10/18 @UCLA L 23-20 27 138 5.1 20 2
                            11/1 Washington StateW 58-0 22 132 6.0 21 4
                            11/8 @Oregon L 35-28 8 21 2.6 8 0
                            11/15 USC L 45-23 23 101 4.4 40 1
                            11/22 @CaliforniaL 37-16 19 103 5.4 22 1

highlights (you may want to mute it):

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Do you think Jake Locker has potential to play QB in the NFL? sorry about the 4 post my computer sucks ****

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information