Jahvid Best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jahvid Best

What do you all think of Jahvid Best? i read he got up to 200 pounds this spring. ive only seen some highlights and stuff but he looked pretty good. didnt run aggressively but made guys miss and still ran mostly north south. Thoughts on him as a prospect?
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

An absolute stud. Right now in the 2nd round range and will most surely move up to a 1st round grade if not top 15. He's not a Chris Johnson in the sense of elusiveness, he's more like a stronger Reggie Bush.

Comment

******* monster.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Love this guy. He sees the field so well and uses his blocks even better. Great runner.

BoneKrusher

Comment

He's my favourite back in this class, hoping for a big year. I think he ends up a 1st rounder.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Does anyone know his track times?

Comment

I don't follow what other people think about college football players very much. I basically scout them, and form my own opinions on them. While watching film on Alex Mack, I noticed Best. There should be an a after the e in his name cause he is a beast. I'd love for the Browns to get him in the 2nd, heck even the 1st. He is a stud.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
              <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
              <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
              <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

He has great top end speed I think he is faster than Bush. But I don't think he has Bush's accleration/change of direction ability, Best is ability is very good just not Bush good.

He is for sure a scat back, he doesn't break through tackles, or go through hand tackles, rather dancing through them, or breaking ankles. Maybe this year he can do that with the added weight, DeAngelo Williams and Chris Johnson showed they could break through tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                  An absolute stud. Right now in the 2nd round range and will most surely move up to a 1st round grade if not top 15. He's not a Chris Johnson in the sense of elusiveness, he's more like a stronger Reggie Bush.
                  c.j. had a really good year but he doesnt have the agility or elusiveness of bush....best is more like johnson than bush, fast north south runner with really good but not elite agility....bush has elite, barry sanders type agility...before his injury last season he was the ONLY player in the league to lead his team in rushing and recieving yards (on the #1 offense in the league no less) PLUS he was the nfl's scoring leader...getting sick of the bush hate and undermining!!!

i love best as a prospect and think he will go late first, early to mid second....i like c.j. spiller a lil better, his stats werent as good last season because of a piss poor o.l.

Comment

I'll piggy back off of the Reggie Bush comparisons. I don't think he's quite as athletically gifted as Bush but he has much better vision and will be the better NFL player.

Comment

first time i saw him was the bowl game against the U. i Jizzed in my pants. i was kinda hoping for the jets to pass on a RB this year to take him next year. as long as the pats dont take him ill be happy haha
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Remember him from high school track meets, and the fastest I've seen him the 100m was a 10.34. This was back in April 2006, so I'm sure he's improved his overall speed

Comment

He looked crazy fast in the Cal games that I caught last season. If he is up to 200 pounds and keeps all of his speed, then watch out.
                          Last edited by Texas Homer; 05-19-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

He's a first rounder by the time he comes out. No doubt.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                              He's a first rounder by the time he comes out. No doubt.
                              Do you think he is big enough for a RB to go in the 1st round? I know he has the talent, but does he have the frame?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information