Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
    QBs

Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Matt Leinart.

Sam Bradford is like a less turnover prone Tim Couch

Tim Tebow reminds of Rich Gannon.

Colt McCoy is most like Charlie Frye
    worst comparisons i've ever seen.
    GO RAVENS

Comment

• everyone one of those is ridiculous lol. charlie frye is a mack truck with a big arm, thats everything colt mccoy isnt
      E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
        everyone one of those is ridiculous lol. charlie frye is a mack truck with a big arm, thats everything colt mccoy isnt
        Charlie Frye is a big mother ******, but a strong arm he does not have.

Comment

• al woods---domata peko

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
            everyone one of those is ridiculous lol. charlie frye is a mack truck with a big arm, thats everything colt mccoy isnt
            LOL WTF are you talking bout...?
            Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
            worst comparisons i've ever seen.
            Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
            What!!!!! These are bad.
            Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
            QBs

Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Matt Leinart.

Sam Bradford is like a less turnover prone Tim Couch

Tim Tebow reminds of Rich Gannon.

Colt McCoy is most like Charlie Frye
            Clausen is a top 10 talent physically but questions about intangibles and character-frat boy perception-these issues still dog Leinart, picked 10th.

Bradford likely # 1 overall pick like Couch-never completely transitioned from spread offense to pro style-accuracy believed to be their greatest strength. Sam may not turn the ball over as much as Timmy but for each, any success depends heavily on talent around them.

Rich Gannon
            was a 4th rd pick drafted to play another position-more athlete than QB initially. Work ethic and character kept him in the league-had success after about 5 seasons but didn't get really good till late in his career.

Frye is a little guy with a weak arm who has sticked in the league because of his competitiveness and work ethic. Mobility is okay-has a knack for making plays but is not a legit starter-was a 3rd rd pick.
            Last edited by Brown Leader; 03-19-2010, 02:02 PM.

Originally posted by borg9
            Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

• Charlie was like 6'4"/215 coming out of Akron and was only a 3rd round pick b/c his arm is made of Kraft macaroni and cheese. I was so very happy when we drafted him after his great career and senior bowl (and b/c he played college ball in my hometown). Frye played pretty good for the Raiders against the Browns aside from the part when he was horrible and threw like 3 or 4 INTs.

Comment

• Jamar Chaney - Ricky Brown

Both have great timed speed and are quick on the field with just a little bit of hip stiffness. Also, both guys are aggressive players, but they tend to get run over by big blockers. Both have some durability concerns, though I think they're a much bigger deal with Brown, who just can't seem to stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                  I'm telling you, Toby Gerhart is a functional clone of Eddie George,

I predict a very similar career for him, barring any kind of injury.
                  This is an insult to Eddie George

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                    This is an insult to Eddie George
                    Not really. Eddie George way well be the most overrated player to ever play in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Not really. Eddie George way well be the most overrated player to ever play in the NFL.
                      Even if that were true, which I don't think it is, Eddie George is nothing more than Toby Gerhart? I think not

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        Even if that were true, which I don't think it is, Eddie George is nothing more than Toby Gerhart? I think not
                        Who said Eddie George is nothing more than Toby Gerhart? That doesn't even make ******* sense.

And yes, Eddie George is one of the most overrated players in the history of football. If you needed 3 yards, he could get you 3 yards. If you needed 6 yards, he'd still get you 3.
                        Last edited by yourfavestoner; 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Tim tebow = Steve McNair

i know this may sound stupid but after he is developped i think he is that type of quarterback he is that strong play with cracked rib quarterback who will play his tail off to help his team. back when McNair was playing his teammates knew he wouldn't quit. if tebow can sit and watch a good qb play that's the qb he will mostly be like. And I'm not some tebow lover i hate Florida but i think the has what it takes to play. people had all this to say about Steve young and Vince young when they were coming out look what the right coach did for them. Steve Superbowl mvp and and stay what you will about Vince but the kid is a winner always have been. i wish bill Walsh was still around he would be perfect for Tebow.
                          Last edited by Canton45; 03-19-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canton45 View Post
                            Tim tebow = Steve McNair

i know this may sound stupid but after he is developped i think he is that type of quarterback he is that strong play with cracked rib quarterback who will play his tail off to help his team. back when McNair was playing his teammates knew he wouldn't quit. if tebow can sit and watch a good qb play that's the qb he will mostly be like. And I'm not some tebow lover i hate Florida but i think the has what it takes to play. people had all this to say about Steve young and Vince young when they were coming out look what the right coach did for them. Steve Superbowl mvp and and stay what you will about Vince but the kid is a winner always have been. i wish bill Walsh was steve around he would be perfect for Tebow.
                            You know, that's actually the better comparisons I've heard.

Comment

• Eddie early in his career before the toe injuries was a lot more than a guy who could only get you 3 or 4 yards every carry. Second half of his career unfortunately that's all he could do. Eddie was one of the best backs in the league in the late '90s when they had McNair and Mason and went to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                Eddie early in his career before the toe injuries was a lot more than a guy who could only get you 3 or 4 yards every carry.
                                You sure about that?

4.1, 3.9, 3.7, and 4.1 were his first four seasons. 4.1 was his best-ever ypc. 4.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information